IGNORED

Can he bring in new players?

Top Robin

13 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Unless it's changed recently you can bring in a free transfers at any time as long as that player was released before the end of the previous window.

Agree....

....but I’m still trying to work out how Newcastle released this guy on 4th Feb (after window closed) and Watford signed him a week later

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/achraf-lazaar/profil/spieler/139173

A bloody left back too

37 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Im Left footed,65 and only contracted to a supermarket but i reckon i could do job at left back now.

Should i give Nige a bell?

I'm right footed and sixty six. I used to play football on Sundays, (as I was always watching City), so feel I never reached my full potential. Oh yes! I've a dodgy knee and can't run very fast. Am I qualified to play left back?

PS. I am also quite handy for doing a bit of maintenance.

24 minutes ago, Rich said:

I'm right footed and sixty six. I used to play football on Sundays, (as I was always watching City), so feel I never reached my full potential. Oh yes! I've a dodgy knee and can't run very fast. Am I qualified to play left back?

Hay don't go trying to put Scotty out of a job.

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is that you Mr Mawson? 

3 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Isn't it made more difficult with the fact that we filled every slot in our 25 man squad submitted to the EFL?

Is Jojo on our list? Under emergency loan would he transfer to Swindon leaving a slot free for us? Only if Jojo came back we then couldn't fit him (Jojo) in?

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Agree....

....but I’m still trying to work out how Newcastle released this guy on 4th Feb (after window closed) and Watford signed him a week later

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/achraf-lazaar/profil/spieler/139173

A bloody left back too

I think they must have deregistered him as a player before they released him.

Hey we do this now, while we're working on finalising the release agreement so you can sign for someone once released. 

19 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I think they must have deregistered him as a player before they released him.

Hey we do this now, while we're working on finalising the release agreement so you can sign for someone once released. 

Yes that’s a good point.....just checked, he wasn’t registered by NUFC.  And EFL rules do state unregistered rather than OOC.

Everyday a skoolday.  Ta

40 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes that’s a good point.....just checked, he wasn’t registered by NUFC.  And EFL rules do state unregistered rather than OOC.

Everyday a skoolday.  Ta

Why is Kalas now homegrown? he shouldn't be, I remember doing the leg work on this and he was like 16 months off being able to be homegrown. 

The other thing I was confused about recently was when we made subs at 4 times vs Watford.

Following the rules of football for "fun" is a nightmare!

11 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Why is Kalas now homegrown? he shouldn't be, I remember doing the leg work on this and he was like 16 months off being able to be homegrown. 

The other thing I was confused about recently was when we made subs at 4 times vs Watford.

Following the rules of football for "fun" is a nightmare!

I don’t know, I did some checking and I thought he’d spent too much “loan time” abroad to meet the requirements for homegrown, I reckon he did 1 year 7 months and 30 days....so agree 16 months shy.  For club developed, loan periods are allowed.

What was you confusion re subs?  That we made 4 different batches?  I think it was because one was at h-t, I.e. not a break in the ongoing game....but like you I’ve been unable to get the exact rules....and thought it made no difference if it was at h-t.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t know, I did some checking and I thought he’d spent too much “loan time” abroad to meet the requirements for homegrown, I reckon he did 1 year 7 months and 30 days....so agree 16 months shy.  For club developed, loan periods are allowed.

What was you confusion re subs?  That we made 4 different batches?  I think it was because one was at h-t, I.e. not a break in the ongoing game....but like you I’ve been unable to get the exact rules....and thought it made no difference if it was at h-t.

Yeah exactly what you say for both the issues.

I thought there was meant to be only 3 sub timings for the 5 subs. I guessed because it was half time it didn't matter, but I was trying to check and couldn't find anything!

1 hour ago, Prinny said:

Yeah exactly what you say for both the issues.

I thought there was meant to be only 3 sub timings for the 5 subs. I guessed because it was half time it didn't matter, but I was trying to check and couldn't find anything!

Only thing I could find was here going back to when it first changed. I assume it came back the same?

https://www.htafc.com/news/2020/june/sky-bet-championship-rule-changes/

“This includes each team’s match day squad size being increased from 18 players to 20, with both sides now able to make a total of five substitutions each across the 90 minutes.

However, managers can only make these changes at three points in the game. Teams can also make subs at half-time, with this not using any of their three allocated substitution opportunities.”

Archived