IGNORED

Wells - the player to benefit most from NP

extonsred

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Fam is being played "to get value out of him on the pitch" as per MA's comments last month. I'd imagine that is/was dictated to Holden/Simpson from above. Let's hope Pearson is allowed to make that judgement himself. 

Would imagine that the way he's been playing we will have to give the bugger away for nowt.

The most interesting one for me is Kasey Palmer

(I think it’s a sure bet NP will help / improve a number such as Kalas etc) 

Palmer has good vision, some clever skills and passing ability and tbf has at least looked bothered by our recent performances and shown some desire

Said before , and I know it sounds strange for a player who grew up at A Premier League Academy and worked under 6 first team managwrs  / Head Coaches , but , IMHO he needs to learn to play 11 a side football at this / first team level - how he fits into a team and his part to play in the team plan, and maximise his role

How Pearson sees him , and whether he can do that , will be an interesting one for me 

37 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Disagree. Judge a player on all performances as this gives a fairer reflection. Wells seems the fairweather sort. 

Fam will snap out of it soon. One of Pearson's 1st tasks..

I’m sure I’m biased but I see Fam’s “snap” being lack of effort, can’t be arsed, whereas as Wells being lack of service, lack of playing in the right position.

It would actually piss me off to see Fam put it in tonight....would just show he’s been going through the motions on purpose.  I’ve always given his good spell / bad spell the benefit of the doubt, or just accepted it’s how he is.  But to see him busting a gut tonight would make me angrier.

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m sure I’m biased but I see Fam’s “snap” being lack of effort, can’t be arsed, whereas as Wells being lack of service, lack of playing in the right position.

It would actually piss me off to see Fam put it in tonight....would just show he’s been going through the motions on purpose.  I’ve always given his good spell / bad spell the benefit of the doubt, or just accepted it’s how he is.  But to see him busting a gut tonight would make me angrier.

In which case, if he plays, he can’t win!

14 minutes ago, Leveller said:

In which case, if he plays, he can’t win!

Yep, I’m done with him.  I’d rather he’s not in the 20.  But I’m not the manager, just a fan fed up with a player who’s not trying.  I appreciate that as a manager, there’s no point pissing a player off, as you might need them at some point.  But as a fan I feel differently.  As a player I never gave anything less than 100%, never shirked a tackle / challenge (to my own detriment), and unselfishly played in a way that was best for the team.  When I see some of the recent Diedhiou performances I get very annoyed.

6 hours ago, extonsred said:

I have been as critical of Nahki as I have been of the whole squad. Certainly he does not exude enthusiasm and joy and commitment on the pitch but that is his character. 

Before he joined City at QPR he was loved by their fans, scored goals and seemed happy enough there. He was however with a team that, good or bad, was getting the ball and players in the box - and if that happens he will score goals. 

One of NP's first tasks needs to be to get defence, mid and attack playing as a unit and we will inevitably get at the opposition more. Certainly couldn't be less. I think Nahki will respond to Pearson and his belief in him and we could begin to see a very different player and one worth the money paid for him. Let's at least give him the chance and not unceremoniously bin him as many have suggested. Fresh start for all. He has suffered more than most with the dross that has been served up of late. It is after all his expertise in the six yard box that makes him flourish. 

Any other players particularly benefit from having NP on board? I also think we may see a very much more influential Massengo. 

Tend to agree with your sentiments. Hope we will see a rejuvenated Wells under NG and we play to his strengths. You don't go from good to bad overnight without a good reason. Think the same could be said for a few of the others.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, I’m done with him.  I’d rather he’s not in the 20.  But I’m not the manager, just a fan fed up with a player who’s not trying.  I appreciate that as a manager, there’s no point pissing a player off, as you might need them at some point.  But as a fan I feel differently.  As a player I never gave anything less than 100%, never shirked a tackle / challenge (to my own detriment), and unselfishly played in a way that was best for the team.  When I see some of the recent Diedhiou performances I get very annoyed.

Who's our highest scorer ?

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know he’s been way off the standards he set during Dec and Jan however he hasn’t really been given the service. Take Saturday for example every ball was hoofed upto him and we hardly entered their half. Maybe with some more organisation and a clear plan we may see more attacking chances so Fam can contribute abit more 

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m with you Dave , though would go back further 

Dont have a great affinity or great like for players that coast , and he’s done that in games and periods through his time here 

Could be so much better if he really wanted to

42 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Who's our highest scorer ?

Diedhiou, in all games (8 v 7)

In league (6 v 6)

Assists (0 v 2)

Red Cards (1 v 0)

Red Cards waiting to happen tonight (1 v 0)

Likely to make a run to support a team mate’s pass (0 v 1)

Likely to scowl (0 v 1)

Likely to beat chest (1 v 0)

???

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Diedhiou, in all games (8 v 7)

In league (6 v 6)

Assists (0 v 2)

Red Cards (1 v 0)

Red Cards waiting to happen tonight (1 v 0)

Likely to make a run to support a team mate’s pass (0 v 1)

Likely to scowl (0 v 1)

Likely to beat chest (1 v 0)

???

Likely to clear a corner 1.0

Likely to shoot when team mate has better chance 1.1

Finding it hard to understand the logic here.

Fam is our top scorer so let's drop him cos he's shite.

We have another forward who shoots on goal when passing to his team mate in 50 acres of space was the wrong decision even though said team mate could have scored whilst stopping and having a family BBQ enroute to the goal.

Finally we have "one for the future" who hits row Z when he has his shooting boots on or the Suspension Bridge on an off day.

Difficult decision I think.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Finding it hard to understand the logic here.

Fam is our top scorer so let's drop him cos he's shite.

We have another forward who shoots on goal when passing to his team mate in 50 acres of space was the wrong decision even though said team mate could have scored whilst stopping and having a family BBQ enroute to the goal.

Finally we have "one for the future" who hits row Z when he has his shooting boots on or the Suspension Bridge on an off day.

Difficult decision I think.

Quite simple BT....it’s about having players on the pitch that I think give us a better chance of the team winning.  I couldn’t give a sh1t who scores, as long as we win (although there can be good reasons to have your forwards feeling confident).

I think there are far better combinations of players we could pick to give us more chance of winning, and at this point with Diedhiou playing like he’s not interested I see Wells bring more likely to spark something for the team by making runs, getting into scoring positions, etc....if played as the main striker.  And I think that is better served without Diedhiou alongside him, or in the starting eleven.

All about opinions, but as you can tell, I’m seriously effed off with Diedhiou.  I’d play Sam Bell and Louis Britton over Fam based on his last half a dozen lazy performances.

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Quite simple BT....it’s about having players on the pitch that I think give us a better chance of the team winning.  I couldn’t give a sh1t who scores, as long as we win (although there can be good reasons to have your forwards feeling confident).

I think there are far better combinations of players we could pick to give us more chance of winning, and at this point with Diedhiou playing like he’s not interested I see Wells bring more likely to spark something for the team by making runs, getting into scoring positions, etc....if played as the main striker.  And I think that is better served without Diedhiou alongside him, or in the starting eleven.

All about opinions, but as you can tell, I’m seriously effed off with Diedhiou.  I’d play Sam Bell and Louis Britton over Fam based on his last half a dozen lazy performances.

Something tells me that neither Sam Bell or Louis Britton are high up on NP's list of players to rescue our season. We have experienced players who if included in a team with any iota of shape or organisation can do the job. Fam is right up there as one of those players. I do give a shit who scores because they are the ones who can win games. Would you pick Semenyo over Fam. Something tells me that deep down you wouldn't. 

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Something tells me that neither Sam Bell or Louis Britton are high up on NP's list of players to rescue our season. We have experienced players who if included in a team with any iota of shape or organisation can do the job. Fam is right up there as one of those players. I do give a shit who scores because they are the ones who can win games. Would you pick Semenyo over Fam. Something tells me that deep down you wouldn't. In saying that maybe he too can perform given the right set up and circumstances. However, up to this point I would offload him asap.

8 hours ago, old_eastender said:

Wells certainly suffered under the previous regime when they all too quickly abandoned 3-5-2 and stuck Wells out on the left wing to accommodate Semenyo starting... a policy that has seen Semenyo score zero goals in the league!

He has appeared a bit of a sulk, but in fairness one can understand him being utterly frustrated.

I hope Nige has watched a video of recent 'performances' and although not officially in charge tonight has told Simpson not to be so stupid as to play Fammy & Lansbury again, nor Vyner in midfield. Massengo as you say, Nagy & Bakinson should all be ahead of Lansbury & Vyner in m/f.

Moving forward Wells up top supported by Pato (playing for a new contract) might be our best best, keep Semenyo as an impact sub.

I see a certain tactical sense to Semenyo starting but not with Wells on the left.

Think more:

Semenyo wide right, Paterson or when he was injured O'Dowda (prior to his injury) wide left, Wells central.

4-3-3/4-3-2-1.

Or

Back 4, 3 genuine CMs, Palmer in a fairly free role behind a strike pair of Wells and Semenyo.

4-3-1-2.

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I know he’s been way off the standards he set during Dec and Jan however he hasn’t really been given the service. Take Saturday for example every ball was hoofed upto him and we hardly entered their half. Maybe with some more organisation and a clear plan we may see more attacking chances so Fam can contribute abit more 

A good example too, though this was inept tactically by us was hitting high balls vs Cardiff with them having 3 big CBs, and  a 2 goal advantage to defend.

It's noticeable though that his spell of goals from Wycombe at home to Huddersfield AG home, 6 goals in 8 games, around a month. Fantastic.

It wasn't just the usual headers either, his goals v Wycombe and Portsmouth were technically good, one was a great strike IIRC, he showed energy and a bit of technical ability with how he took his goals v Huddersfield. Preston header from corner and Millwall away a penalty. Bit of everything basically!

This 4-5 week spell, was in the lead up to and during the Transfer Window. For his output to suddenly drop off a cliff from the end of January onwards, isn't a good look at all.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Something tells me that neither Sam Bell or Louis Britton are high up on NP's list of players to rescue our season. We have experienced players who if included in a team with any iota of shape or organisation can do the job. Fam is right up there as one of those players. I do give a shit who scores because they are the ones who can win games. Would you pick Semenyo over Fam. Something tells me that deep down you wouldn't. 

Being totally honest - if I was picking the team tonight and based on what I’ve seen on Robinstv in the last half dozen games I wouldn’t have him in my 20.  I think his attitude is counterproductive to the team ethic I’d be wanting to introduce.  Plus it would make a few others think too.

As I’ve said before, I pick teams not individuals....so it’s not a case of “Semenyo over Diedhiou”, it’s “who are the 11 I think can get a result tonight”.

For all I care, I’ll tale a Dael Fry og and a 1-0’er thank you very much. ?

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Being totally honest - if I was picking the team tonight and based on what I’ve seen on Robinstv in the last half dozen games I wouldn’t have him in my 20.  I think his attitude is counterproductive to the team ethic I’d be wanting to introduce.  Plus it would make a few others think too.

As I’ve said before, I pick teams not individuals....so it’s not a case of “Semenyo over Diedhiou”, it’s “who are the 11 I think can get a result tonight”.

For all I care, I’ll tale a Dael Fry og and a 1-0’er thank you very much. ?

Just think Diedhiou brings more to the table than Semenyo or Wells. Both have been pathetic (and I'm being kind) of late. Against Barnsley Semenyo may as well have stayed at home for what he contributed to the game. However, just now we need a few wins no matter how ugly and then we can look at sexy football again at some point.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Just think Diedhiou brings more to the table than Semenyo or Wells. Both have been pathetic (and I'm being kind) of late. Against Barnsley Semenyo may as well have stayed at home for what he contributed to the game. However, just now we need a few wins no matter how ugly and then we can look at sexy football again at some point.

Yeah, all about opinions, and traits we see in players, etc.  I didn’t say I’d pick Semenyo either ???

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, all about opinions, and traits we see in players, etc.  I didn’t say I’d pick Semenyo either ???

Problem is what other options do we have. Just can't see NP going down the route of untried youngsters. Not in our current predicament anyway. I'm really hoping he can play a system that brings out the best in Wells. We all know he can be a quality player but just not in the way we've been utilising him thus far.  

20 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Problem is what other options do we have. Just can't see NP going down the route of untried youngsters. Not in our current predicament anyway. I'm really hoping he can play a system that brings out the best in Wells. We all know he can be a quality player but just not in the way we've been utilising him thus far.  

We both get our way - 6-0, hatrick each?

Archived