IGNORED

Success Criteria

Mr Yoda

We've now got a MANAGER in who most, if not all, seem to support....so what next, what do we expect and when?

Tonight - a reaction, not expecting miracles but a bit of energy, effort, fight. A couple of shots and a corner ( not beating the first man of course)

30 days - a couple of wins ?

End of season - safe in 15th with a pattern of play developing. ?

Any advance on that?

Short-term success would be to stay up. I don't think anyone's looking beyond that right now. 

I think it'll be fascinating to see if he puts up with Ashton's interference, especially with him coming into the dressing room after every game. I predict fireworks there. I'd also like to think SL has clipped Ashton's wings, or he's off to Ipswich shortly, and Steve Walsh comes in as head of recruitment in the summer.

40 minutes ago, Mr Yoda said:

We've now got a MANAGER in who most, if not all, seem to support....so what next, what do we expect and when?

Tonight - a reaction, not expecting miracles but a bit of energy, effort, fight. A couple of shots and a corner ( not beating the first man of course)

Any advance on that?

That is all we can hope for. 

Should be a straight forward task , just watched Benjamin Bloom on Youtube. He mentions the Ten year average points being 45, so only needing 7 points (in theory). But anyone that's watched the last few games would wonder where even 7 points would come from.

I think NP feels like the right man to come in, shake it up, add some steel and focus.

In an ideal World, maybe get us on a run to get us solid top ten. That would be incredibly optimistic, there is a lot missing from this squad, mainly mentally and organisationally. I want him to get us going and winning games, that in itself would be massive.

I want players to look better under him than under Holden. Obviously there's an allowance for time there. There needs to be a clear difference, or why bother. We can't just get players fit and they improve us, because that's not the manager. Imagine if Liam Walsh/O'Dowda come back fit and we fly up the table (just an example) that's not management. Maybe Pato and Lansbury are suddenly match fit, we need to see the clear differences that Pearson makes to the team.

And don't make the mistakes that Holden made. Put players in a position to succeed more. So no Taylor Moore at LCB, no single CDM Massengo, no isolated Diedhiou. I want to see him accurately judge the skill set of the players. Smart people learn from their mistakes, smarter people learn from other peoples mistakes.

13 minutes ago, Prinny said:

I want players to look better under him than under Holden. Obviously there's an allowance for time there. There needs to be a clear difference, or why bother. We can't just get players fit and they improve us, because that's not the manager. Imagine if Liam Walsh/O'Dowda come back fit and we fly up the table (just an example) that's not management. Maybe Pato and Lansbury are suddenly match fit, we need to see the clear differences that Pearson makes to the team.

And don't make the mistakes that Holden made. Put players in a position to succeed more. So no Taylor Moore at LCB, no single CDM Massengo, no isolated Diedhiou. I want to see him accurately judge the skill set of the players. Smart people learn from their mistakes, smarter people learn from other peoples mistakes.

Yeah I like this Prinny. Especially your last sentence. 

I think evidence of actual player improvement would take longer to see compared to team improvement and patterns of play etc. 

let’s just hope he is here long enough for it to bear fruit. 

23 minutes ago, Prinny said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

5 minutes ago, City1984 said:

Yeah I like this Prinny. Especially your last sentence. 

I think evidence of actual player improvement would take longer to see compared to team improvement and patterns of play etc. 

let’s just hope he is here long enough for it to bear fruit. 

I preferred the sentence before it

If/when we reach mathematical safety (barring the small chance Pearson boosts us enough to challenge for the play offs) I would love for as many of the young players to be given a chance to get game time as possible, Bell, Pearson, Towler, Owura, Zac Smith, Britton, Conway, Scott etc. Get each of them some game time and see if they could step up to be part of the squad properly for next season.

I want us to win tonight of course but I also want Pearson to see where we are weak and need immediate action taken.

Hopefully, he will also be scrutinising recordings of our previous disasters this season.

Pretty soon he will find out those who aren't up to the standard required and will act. 

Staying up. Enthusiasm back. Club and new manager vision/ambitions aligned so both agree to take into long term contract. Manager allowed to reorganise/evolve plan in all football matters. We all look forward to getting back into grounds safely for the new season and enjoy supporting City again.

8 minutes ago, mjd said:

Getting the balls in to the box for a chance for our strikers and  having some shots at goal and some decent passing would be nice to see .

Plus a bit of backbone in the team. Against Barnsley the midfield just did not exist. How they only scored one is beyond me.

13 hours ago, Mr Yoda said:

Any advance on that?

Ok....I was bang on with the first corner of prediction, other than that, I was wrong. Miracles do happen!

Archived