IGNORED

Sky Red Button Question

CotswoldRed

Have ordered Sky installation and for the next 2 weeks have access to Sky Go only. 

I've read online that red button games might soon be available (or have very recently been made available) on the Sky Go app, having not previously been there. 

If this is the case, is this only on tablets and phones, or is it also on the Sky Go desktop app which, of course, I can connect to my TV screen? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hoping to watch City on Sky tonight, avoiding Robins TV. 

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Have ordered Sky installation and for the next 2 weeks have access to Sky Go only. 

I've read online that red button games might soon be available (or have very recently been made available) on the Sky Go app, having not previously been there. 

If this is the case, is this only on tablets and phones, or is it also on the Sky Go desktop app which, of course, I can connect to my TV screen? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hoping to watch City on Sky tonight, avoiding Robins TV. 

It is available on the Sky Go app. 

7pm kick-off tonight. 

5 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I don't think it's available on the Sky Go app.

However if you download the Sky Sports App you can sign in using your sky go login and it will appear there about 5 minutes before Kick off. 

Thanks for that.

That would still involve using a tablet/phone, presumably?

I tried accessing SkySports content on the desktop (skysports desktop app) but it wouldn't let me sign in with my sky id. Maybe because my I'm not yet fully installed and paying my subscription!

If it's tablet only, I'll just stick with Robins TV. 

2 minutes ago, tin said:

It is available on the Sky Go app. 

7pm kick-off tonight. 

Oh cool, sky go desktop too? 

1 minute ago, steveybadger said:

I've seen other discussions from November 2020 suggesting red button games will be on Sky Go app "soon". I guess I'll just have to try and be ready with Robins TV if necessary. 

Thanks all ?

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

It is on red button, just trying to establish if it will be available on the Sky Go desktop app (desktop specifically). 

I don't think you can. I was doing a bit of work last Tuesday and thought I'd put it on in the background. Fortunately it wasn't an option on the Sky Go app so I saved myself the pain of watching it.

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I've seen other discussions from November 2020 suggesting red button games will be on Sky Go app "soon". I guess I'll just have to try and be ready with Robins TV if necessary. 

Thanks all ?

Here's a list of red-button games on Sky.

These are definitely on the Sky Go app. If you've moved house since you last had Sky, you might need to unlink your Sky ID which is linked to that old address. I had to do hook mine up to a new address recently and it's worked perfectly ever since. 

32 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Thanks all ?

If you have your username and password for Sky Go then they will be good for the Sky Sports App - you can definitely watch the red button games on there.

Be warned though, that Robins TV probably provides better coverage than the red button. Whilst free (so long as you have Sky Sports already), the red button coverage only provides a trainee at best commentator, no replays and SD only.

23 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If you have your username and password for Sky Go then they will be good for the Sky Sports App - you can definitely watch the red button games on there.

Be warned though, that Robins TV probably provides better coverage than the red button. Whilst free (so long as you have Sky Sports already), the red button coverage only provides a trainee at best commentator, no replays and SD only.

True re the RB coverage. Up until last week I’d record it from the planner then could rewind incidents, but didn’t give me the option last game

I used to work for Sky. 

Red button games are available via the Sky Sports app on mobile/tablet.

Red button games are also available via Sky Go on mobile/tablet only and not desktop or Xbox/PlayStation app. 

Connecting mobile/tablet to TV via HDMI/cast will mean Sky Go/Sports app will not display on TV due to anti copyright measures. 

Just now, OneTeamInBristol said:

I've watched 3/4 this season via this method.

It's not available on tablet or mobile NowTv though, I can only get them via console!

Ah that's good news. Are they just available on one of the other sports channels then? Is it available via the standard now tv box?

7 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Ah that's good news. Are they just available on one of the other sports channels then? Is it available via the standard now tv box?

They are all on the bonus streams which appear right at the bottom of the menus (at least on console they do.)

Unsure about the standard NowTv box as as I said I watch through the Playstation.

You don't get replays or different camera angles and not always commentary either.

Archived