IGNORED

Sky Red Button Question

CotswoldRed

15 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Ah that's good news. Are they just available on one of the other sports channels then? Is it available via the standard now tv box?

On 16/02/2021 at 17:09, Red7 said:

There is a "bonus stream" option available for red-button games. It usually appears just before the game starts. Assuming you have a monthly Now TV subscription for Sky Sports rather than a weekly or daily one. 

On 01/12/2020 at 18:30, Mendip City said:

Yes you can now. It’s not a red button as such but on the Home Screen, right at the bottom there’s a section.... “bonus streams” it’s in there.  

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Sky-sports-red-button/td-p/544720

Alongside One Teams help above , these may help you AY   

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

If you have your username and password for Sky Go then they will be good for the Sky Sports App - you can definitely watch the red button games on there.

Be warned though, that Robins TV probably provides better coverage than the red button. Whilst free (so long as you have Sky Sports already), the red button coverage only provides a trainee at best commentator, no replays and SD only.

HD if you’re watching through Sky Q 2TB box.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

HD if you’re watching through Sky Q 2TB box.

I imagine this is a moveable feast. 

I think the very latest 1TB box allows this? I think Sky are trying to completely phase out the 2TB.

As a new customer the 2TB isn't an option online and £299 extra by phone only. 

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Alongside One Teams help above , these may help you AY   

My comment related to Now TV rather than Sky itself - so may not apply to Sky or Sky Go. 
For what it’s worth, Now TV works well for me, always deals available, can be used on multiple screens and devices and locations. Now they have sorted the red button I use it to watch loads of City games..... is that a good thing??!!??? Hopefully it is moving forward! 

10 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Have ordered Sky installation and for the next 2 weeks have access to Sky Go only. 

I've read online that red button games might soon be available (or have very recently been made available) on the Sky Go app, having not previously been there. 

If this is the case, is this only on tablets and phones, or is it also on the Sky Go desktop app which, of course, I can connect to my TV screen? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hoping to watch City on Sky tonight, avoiding Robins TV. 

I would stick to Robins tv as no replays on sky red button 

Reviving this as it annoyed me today. I was at my parents' in bs3, rather than home in devon with my Sky Q box.

I tried to access the game by logging into sky on windows 10 laptop but the game wasn't available as far as I could see. 

I could get it via the sky sports app on my phone, but online via the laptop it only listed the Derby v Forest game. Very annoying as I wanted to plug my laptop into the TV via hdmi so my dad could watch. 

Is this still an issue, in that red button games don't appear via the desktop website?

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Reviving this as it annoyed me today. I was at my parents' in bs3, rather than home in devon with my Sky Q box.

I tried to access the game by logging into sky on windows 10 laptop but the game wasn't available as far as I could see. 

I could get it via the sky sports app on my phone, but online via the laptop it only listed the Derby v Forest game. Very annoying as I wanted to plug my laptop into the TV via hdmi so my dad could watch. 

Is this still an issue, in that red button games don't appear via the desktop website?

I find they are hard to locate on the laptop but normally there if on red button 

15 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I find they are hard to locate on the laptop but normally there if on red button 

There is a 'watch live' button which lists games but it wasn't included. I tried selecting the football channel but it was only the derby game listed. I tried using search and found live commentary but not video. It must be really well hidden!

31 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

There is a 'watch live' button which lists games but it wasn't included. I tried selecting the football channel but it was only the derby game listed. I tried using search and found live commentary but not video. It must be really well hidden!

I had this a couple of years ago when I went to my parents and I only had my laptop as no sky sports at their house - it wasn’t straightforward but eventually after going around in circles, managed to find it

It might be different now but sounds very familiar 

I just googled it and read a thread from 2019, you may have to download the sky sports app on desktop first 

Archived