IGNORED

Warnock's Excuses

Hampshire Red

50 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Colin opens his mouth and provides evidence of why his second name is "W&nk3r"

It's what he does and does well. Deflects attention away from his players. It's why there is a thread on NW and not one on his players. Job done. 

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Oh Dear.  I ask again. Who is our top scorer ?

And? Hasn't done much in recent games, 6 league goals isn't much to write home about for any striker and is more just a sign of the team as a whole if 6 is the top scorer. Its not like a JET performance in 13/14 where it was a bright light in a dismal season before Cotts came in.

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Reading the Teeside paper this morning Warnock has dismissed our new appointment as irrelevant and says we can still only play 11 players, with or without NP.

What he clearly doesnt realise we have started most games this season with 10 (sorry Wells) and finished with even less!

Absolutely nailed it Hampshire Red! so true... with poor old Patto's (not match fit) last few performances, it could be 8 players...

8 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

And? Hasn't done much in recent games, 6 league goals isn't much to write home about for any striker and is more just a sign of the team as a whole if 6 is the top scorer. Its not like a JET performance in 13/14 where it was a bright light in a dismal season before Cotts came in.

And who has done any better may I ask ?

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And who has done any better may I ask ?

That's exactly the point, give a couple of lads who haven't had the chance yet a go and see if it fires something up in those who aren't performing rather than just continuing to play them expecting something to change.

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Reading the Teeside paper this morning Warnock has dismissed our new appointment as irrelevant and says we can still only play 11 players, with or without NP.

What he clearly doesnt realise we have started most games this season with 10 (sorry Wells) and finished with even less!

Can’t see many ‘excuses’ in what he said?!

7 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

That's exactly the point, give a couple of lads who haven't had the chance yet a go and see if it fires something up in those who aren't performing rather than just continuing to play them expecting something to change.

And you really think NP will do that ?  Something tells me he won't.

Just now, BigTone said:

And you really think NP will do that ?  Something tells me he won't.

Said in a different thread I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Famara is bombed out of the match day squad if he confirms he intends to leave at the end of the season, what benefit is it to Pearson to use a player who won't be with us come pre-season? I can see him wanting to start to form a system which will be used next season. The only way I see Famara playing is if NP thinks he'd be want to recruit another striker who'd play in a similar way to Famara and therefore the rest of the team benefits for getting used to playing with a striker like that

6 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Said in a different thread I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Famara is bombed out of the match day squad if he confirms he intends to leave at the end of the season, what benefit is it to Pearson to use a player who won't be with us come pre-season? I can see him wanting to start to form a system which will be used next season. The only way I see Famara playing is if NP thinks he'd be want to recruit another striker who'd play in a similar way to Famara and therefore the rest of the team benefits for getting used to playing with a striker like that

As it stands Pearson won't be with us in pre season. It's all about performing now. What the future holds is a different discussion to be had on a different day rather than as things stand just now. Long term goals are on hold until those more short term are achieved.

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

As it stands Pearson won't be with us in pre season. It's all about performing now. What the future holds is a different discussion to be had on a different day rather than as things stand just now. Long term goals are on hold until those more short term are achieved.

You really think Pearson won't be thinking longer term? The deal in place is so that talks about who has what power, incoming staff etc can be left until the end of the season rather than sorted now. Providing we don't go down or something else doesn't happen to turn him off staying its all but guaranteed he'll be here for next season. Can definitely see Pearson using the next 14 games when he takes over to start moulding the squad to his playing style, opportunity wasted really otherwise. 'I've spent 4 months coaching you to play 'x' way, however I'm now going to spend (however much time after championship status secured and pre-season) coaching you how to play 'y' way'

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

You really think Pearson won't be thinking longer term? The deal in place is so that talks about who has what power, incoming staff etc can be left until the end of the season rather than sorted now. Providing we don't go down or something else doesn't happen to turn him off staying its all but guaranteed he'll be here for next season. Can definitely see Pearson using the next 14 games when he takes over to start moulding the squad to his playing style, opportunity wasted really otherwise. 'I've spent 4 months coaching you to play 'x' way, however I'm now going to spend (however much time after championship status secured and pre-season) coaching you how to play 'y' way'

Of course he's thinking longer but as things stand his contract is short term. Once we are confirmed as being safe then maybe a longer term vision can be considered. However, not before.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Of course he's thinking longer but as things stand his contract is short term. Once we are confirmed as being safe then maybe a longer term vision can be considered. However, not before.

Fair enough, just don't think he's come here even entertaining the idea its only a job for a few months

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And so is Diedhiou Tone

The man who won’t sign a substantial contract

Pearson far more likely to be here than half-heart

11 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

And so is Diedhiou Tone

The man who won’t sign a substantial contract

Pearson far more likely to be here than half-heart

Of course he is as would you or I in the same position. Time will tell the outcome. With regards NP I sincerely hope he performs as in my mind he is the type of leader we have been lacking. For the first time in a long time I feel some excitement for the future. 

12 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Shelton made to look a total Horse's A** yet again like most who post on here. Fam had the best first half of any City forward in the past 5 years; and yes, that includes Tammy A

So many numpties on here who just dont understnad football nor seem to want the best for our club

Bobby Reid, remember him? (Small, nippy, good in tight spaces, put defenders under pressure, scored a few, set a few up, now in Prem).

32 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Shelton made to look a total Horse's A** yet again like most who post on here. Fam had the best first half of any City forward in the past 5 years; and yes, that includes Tammy A

So many numpties on here who just dont understnad football nor seem to want the best for our club

Nurse says you’ve got to get back in bed , you’re disturbing the other patients

The focus of your vitriol Wells did alright eh 

Look in the mirror, if you’re actually allowed glass on the ward

The irony is you are the epitome of a ‘numpty’ - I actually think you are  Sag supporting troll ?

Archived