IGNORED

LANSDOWN ON TALKSPORT THIS MORNING

Tomo

Hypothesis:

-    SL realised a little back he was not an expert in football, and needed a ‘guru’ for the day to day overall operational leadership of the club. Sensible;

-   Chosen man was MA;

-   When the s started hitting the f recently, SL read the runes and said ‘right, time to get directly involved sharpish’;

-   Looked at the difference a top coach Lam is making with the Bears;

-   Wambam thank you mam, no messing, Pearson is in, in a flash.

My take anyway, based on nothing at all other than an interested watcher.

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Hypothesis:

-    SL realised a little back he was not an expert in football, and needed a ‘guru’ for the day to day overall operational leadership of the club. Sensible;

-   Chosen man was MA;

-   When the s started hitting the f recently, SL read the runes and said ‘right, time to get directly involved sharpish’;

-   Looked at the difference a top coach Lam is making with the Bears;

-   Wambam thank you mam, no messing, Pearson is in, in a flash.

My take anyway, based on nothing at all other than an interested watcher.

How would MA spin to SL that it was a good idea or ok to have a less experienced coach in place? 

Just now, exAtyeoMax said:

How would MA spin to SL that it was a good idea or ok to have a less experienced coach in place? 

I am completely guessing here but:

-   The squad I have assembled with LJ is good:

-    LJ has now just run his course in the dressing room, it needs a fresh impetus;

-   We absolutely do not need to uproot too much. It just needs a tweak and we will make progress:

-   We need to reduce risk with Covid. 

-   Internal appointment will bring that. Just see the difference in the last five games of the season. We can support with some new blood in the coaching staff.

The ‘one more push’ approach. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

I am completely guessing here but:

-   The squad I have assembled with LJ is good:

-    LJ has now just run his course in the dressing room, it needs a fresh impetus;

-   We absolutely do not need to uproot too much. It just needs a tweak and we will make progress:

-   We need to reduce risk with Covid. 

-   Internal appointment will bring that. Just see the difference in the last five games of the season. We can support with some new blood in the coaching staff.

The ‘one more push’ approach. 

I was thinking from the very beginning of MA's tenure, it was obviously a deliberate strategy and I know it is used more frequently on the continent but why didn't they ever employ an experienced head coach?

1 minute ago, chowie said:

not listen to TS for years, just tuned in to IDLES - Model Village, do they always play that?

A lot of nine fingered boys in the village
They haven't got much choice in the village
Model car, model wife, model village
Model far, model right, model village

Great tune

Archived