IGNORED

LANSDOWN ON TALKSPORT THIS MORNING

Tomo

2 minutes ago, chowie said:

not listen to TS for years, just tuned in to IDLES - Model Village, do they always play that?

A lot of nine fingered boys in the village
They haven't got much choice in the village
Model car, model wife, model village
Model far, model right, model village

IDLES >

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agree, used to really grate on me in the City vs Palace years....but as I get older I find his views more in line with my own!

I also like listening to Glenn Hoddle which is more worrying.

Nothing wrong with Hoddles views on football. It’s a tragedy that he’s not been more involved in football really, but that’s due to his other views I would imagine. Have mentioned him a few times over the years when City were looking for a manager. Think he would be a good DOF for someone. COYR 

57 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Hypothesis:

-    SL realised a little back he was not an expert in football, and needed a ‘guru’ for the day to day overall operational leadership of the club. Sensible;

-   Chosen man was MA;

-   When the s started hitting the f recently, SL read the runes and said ‘right, time to get directly involved sharpish’;

-   Looked at the difference a top coach Lam is making with the Bears;

-   Wambam thank you mam, no messing, Pearson is in, in a flash.

My take anyway, based on nothing at all other than an interested watcher.

That's been my hope that he learns from the rugby.  SL makes mistakes but he learns, eventually.  

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Jordan is a clever so and so. Im amazed he isn't in a leadership role within the EPL etc. Understands the game, very forward thinking with bags of commercial acumen. I know the history with City, but i find myself agreeing with most of what he says. 

Whats he been saying 

46 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I am completely guessing here but:

-   The squad I have assembled with LJ is good:

-    LJ has now just run his course in the dressing room, it needs a fresh impetus;

-   We absolutely do not need to uproot too much. It just needs a tweak and we will make progress:

-   We need to reduce risk with Covid. 

-   Internal appointment will bring that. Just see the difference in the last five games of the season. We can support with some new blood in the coaching staff.

The ‘one more push’ approach. 

TBH in the summer I didn't disagree with this.

I didn't think we had a bad squad with a couple of additions. LJ had us sort of competing for 2/3 of the season but didn't have that last bit of push.

In theory, if DH could tap into what was the slight tweaks to fix whatever was going wrong then it could have been a masterstroke.

Obviously as it turned out DH wasn't able to do that and we've regressed.

I still don't think it's an awful squad, I think the right manager gets a lot more out of this group.

8 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Nothing wrong with Hoddles views on football. It’s a tragedy that he’s not been more involved in football really, but that’s due to his other views I would imagine. Have mentioned him a few times over the years when City were looking for a manager. Think he would be a good DOF for someone. COYR 

Would love him as our DoF.  Or even Roy Hodgson (surely his time is up at Palace soon).  Said many time a real football thinker to look after the football philosophy in of the club is what we need in place as DoF before we achieve sustained success.  

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Jordan is a clever so and so. Im amazed he isn't in a leadership role within the EPL etc. Understands the game, very forward thinking with bags of commercial acumen. I know the history with City, but i find myself agreeing with most of what he says. 

He’s a great listen. But I think he ruffles to many feathers to be in a leadership role at the EPL. COYR 

4 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I suspect he's probably too "maverick" for one of the governing bodies, he'd put too many noses out of joint.

I've warmed to him over the years, I must admit.

1 minute ago, Simon79 said:

He’s a great listen. But I think he ruffles to many feathers to be in a leadership role at the EPL. COYR 

Sounds familiar. English football institutions afraid of hiring people with talent and personality....

Have you heard his views on EPL on TV? He wants to create a global platform like Netflix, purely for PL football. Charge punters 10 dollars a month, but make it globally available. Reckons x 10 in revenue compared to current TV deals.  Cheaper for customers - Interesting idea

I remember selling fanzines down the away end entrance near Winterstoke Car Park entrance near the old programme hut, and this Rolls or Bentley parked in the Car Park, out stepped Simon Jordan from the rear door and just stood still outside the car, wondered what he was doing until one other guy got out the car and placed his coat over his shoulders, a quick sweep of the hair and in they went!!?

New City England Tee Shirts at www.otibclothing.co.uk

25 minutes ago, mozo said:

Great tune

27 minutes ago, chowie said:

not listen to TS for years, just tuned in to IDLES - Model Village, do they always play that?

A lot of nine fingered boys in the village
They haven't got much choice in the village
Model car, model wife, model village
Model far, model right, model village

When are we turning Danny Nedelko into an Antoine Semenyo chant?

10 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Sounds familiar. English football institutions afraid of hiring people with talent and personality....

Have you heard his views on EPL on TV? He wants to create a global platform like Netflix, purely for PL football. Charge punters 10 dollars a month, but make it globally available. Reckons x 10 in revenue compared to current TV deals.  Cheaper for customers - Interesting idea

Yeah, I listen at work every day between appointments. He’s been banging on about that for a while. Really interesting idea. Again, doesn’t suffer fools at all. Love how he tears into agents etc, last time was Pogbas agent, Mino Raiola. Raiola hung up in the end, was getting torn a new one, was a great listen. COYR 

Archived