IGNORED

LANSDOWN ON TALKSPORT THIS MORNING

Tomo

Decent interview - no new gems of inside info - mainly what we know already.

SL perhaps trying to silence the ghost of his last talk sport interview.

As pointed out, interesting that MA is very quiet at the moment - Lansdown very much continuing to take the lead this time.

Just now, Fordy62 said:

I think I agree. It’s just sad it’s taken the best part of 5 years to make an appointment of this pedigree. He’d never admit it, but my word I bet SL has some regrets. 

I think of it like, he needed to experiment with LJ, it didn't work how he hoped. If he hadn't done it, he would've always wanted to…

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

“If he can work together with the board”. 

Jordan knows exactly what it’s like behind the scenes at our club. 

I can’t list the exact quote but he was discussing how he felt Pearson needed managing rather than aiming at us.

He was pretty complimentary about us as a club, to be fair he was pretty complimentary about Pearson, but the only doubt he really cast was on Pearson.

Speaking of appointing managers/head coaches in the Championship, something Jordan knows a thing or two about, Simon says experience is what it's all about.

"Why would you appoint a rookie?" says Simon, to Jim, when Jim mentions Roonie and the like. "Ok, you have the stellar playing career, the ra-ra-ra" he goes on.

And you think: we appointed two rookies without the stellar playing career, let alone the "ra ra ra."

Then the two of them talk about how many points and wins we need to "get in the play offs" and you think to yourself: why am I listening to this? These two are utterly clueless about this football club of ours.

10 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

And he’s spot on. There will need to be wiggle room with NP methods I’m sure but the board grow a pair I’m hopeful of a good season next season 

I'm sure from Steve's interview is that was an exchange of views. I'm sure that whilst  both sides were keen we needed this appointment more.  

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

SJ. making some good points re the old guard managers…

Certainly doesn't think much of the thinking behind the  Bournemouth & Derby appointments.

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Who texted in saying all we need now is Jordan as CEO. Ha ha. He gave a rather high pitched laugh at that suggestion ?

Tell you what SJ is very clever guy and talks a great deal of sense. He’s been there and done it and he’d be an asset to any football club in a senior position.

That said I doubt he needs another job in football.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tell you what SJ is very clever guy and talks a great deal of sense. He’s been there and done it and he’d be an asset to any football club in a senior position.

I'd rather he ran for head of EFL, he'd find a way to get club finances back under control

59 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Jim White is more annoying than Simon Jordan, acts like everythings dandy with football and everyones out as opposition to it

What annoys me is when he (JW) starts a discussion with his perspective on an issue, then does a complete and sycofantic u-turn to agree with Jordan's often diametrically opposite opinion. 

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely agree RR. 

Back in his Palace days he tended to come across as a bit of a knob. 

I've been more than pleasantly surprised at listening to him talking a lot of sense on TS. 

Doesn't he show up a lot of the ex pros (and Jim White) with his thinking and ability to dissect and analyse issues? 

If it weren't for the fact that AG is not big enough for his and SL's egos, I reckon he would be ideal as a chief exec. Can you imagine him working with Pearson? 

51 minutes ago, S_C said:

I can’t list the exact quote but he was discussing how he felt Pearson needed managing rather than aiming at us.

He was pretty complimentary about us as a club, to be fair he was pretty complimentary about Pearson, but the only doubt he really cast was on Pearson.

Thats how I understood it and it was a very valid point as NP has had problems at clubs at board level at just about all his clubs.

But if he/they can crack that, he'll be a great fit for us.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

One thing's for sure...if NP does well and the team improves dramatically this season...but then leaves in the Summer, some serious questions would be asked.

Might depend on what other jobs become available in the summer. That's the risk i guess.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

One thing's for sure...if NP does well and the team improves dramatically this season...but then leaves in the Summer, some serious questions would be asked.

That’s the worry. In fairness if he does well and attracts interest from ‘bigger clubs’ then it’s going to be tough. Got to make him feel loved and that he can achieve things here.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I think I agree. It’s just sad it’s taken the best part of 5 years to make an appointment of this pedigree. He’d never admit it, but my word I bet SL has some regrets. 

Yep, Remember being at the Valley with Lansdown & new appointment Johnson sat in the stand nearby, and being gutted that a more proven, experienced Nigel Pearson was being overlooked.

Many City fans were keen on him back then......

2 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Nothing wrong with Hoddles views on football. It’s a tragedy that he’s not been more involved in football really, but that’s due to his other views I would imagine. Have mentioned him a few times over the years when City were looking for a manager. Think he would be a good DOF for someone. COYR 

Given the culture of wanting people sacked for all sorts, he's lucky he's employed at all. 

Archived