IGNORED

LANSDOWN ON TALKSPORT THIS MORNING

Tomo

18 minutes ago, spudski said:

I'm not so sure...I really do think he will put his system of sustainability first. Making money is just as important as the playing side. Hence MA's involvement.

The last time we had a manager demanding certain players and money, Pelling walked. 

I too feel the system needs to change for it to work.

A budget should be given, and the manager chooses the players within that budget. Not...we are going to buy players within our budget, but they also have to have a sell on value. That only works so far.

MA's job should be budget and negotiating contracts and selling players at a profit.

He should have no influence in recruitment.

At the moment he's juggling two balls. Trying to find players that will win games...but they also have to have a sell on value, where he can make profit. Ticking two boxes.

SL isn't going to let any manager lose us money so to speak. He wants sustainability as much as promotion imo.

He'd have to change tact otherwise.

Wasn't he binned off to make way for MA?

Yes the system has to change but it depends if MA wants to change and relinquish any control. That's when SL will have to decide who goes…

2 hours ago, daored said:

Was Jordan once punched at our ground? I’m sure I’ve heard he was having a cigarette at half time in the play off game and was smacked by someone ?

As a pundit I like Jordan, very knowledgeable about the game. Could do worse than get him in on a short term contract to review the club from top to bottom

He was out the back of the Grandstand at HT in the play off game having a fag with Nick Moran (out of Lock Stock).

I saw a load of city fans calling him Tango man etc but didn't real iui se he got punched. Thought Warnock was the one who got thumped?

1 hour ago, Antman said:

i've seen pics of the singer or guitarist in a Gas shirt and read an interview where he talked about watching them

relieved to see the drummer is City tho! - i can listen again now :)

Joe isn’t a gas head at all. From Exeter for a start and doesn’t really like football. Told me the Gas invited them to a game once and said he would go and drink their beer if he had to but isn’t interested past that.  Lives South as well. 

38 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Wasn't he binned off to make way for MA?

Yes the system has to change but it depends if MA wants to change and relinquish any control. That's when SL will have to decide who goes…

From what I was told, Cotts got mad about dealings...something along the lines of SC making deals without consent and not knowing budget etc. Big conflab...and Pelling decided to leave by mutual consent.

8 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Yeh so rumour has it. He used to hate us but seems to be mellowing nowadays.

As I recall, someone else covered it on here but got called a poof, orange etc when out smoking.

Someone had a pop at Warnock as he left the pitch, down the tunnel- however Warnock made light of it in his quote, certainly compared to Jordan. Definitely was not a fan of us, Jordan!

His quotes from the time- Warnock. I remembered it but it took a while to find.

Warnock, who had been taunted by the home crowd throughout the game, was attacked despite being surrounded by six burly stewards.

The 59-year-old Palace boss said: “There were one or two idiots and a couple of punches thrown.

"It was all the way down to the tunnel.

"One young lad caught me but I think one of the stewards trod on him as he fell to the floor, which was nice. I heard him squeal.”

Warnock, who insisted he did not want to take the matter further, even joked: “There's millions of people who would like to do what that lad did.

"I was glad to see him sprawl on the floor and the guy tread on him.”

He said different things in latter years but his reaction at the time, he didn't make a huge deal of it tbh.

About to listen now.

With respect to Jordan, didn't much care for him in the past but he speaks a hell of a lot of sense, especially on the business side of the game. He seemed a bit of an ass in his earlier Palace days?

One key thing I disagree with him on is his defence or rationalising of Mel Morris and his Stadium transaction- made a few factual errors at the time on it too which surprised me, but that aside Football Bodies could do a lot worse.

Small correction to him on the old school managers bit, Warnock went in with Cardiff in a relegation scrap in 2016/17, first game was vs us (a win for them!?) and then got them midtable, following season was their promotion. Wasn't straight in and up.

With respect to BBSB, a fine poster, not been on here for a while.

21 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

It is a shame @Bob Bob Super Bob does not post on here any longer as I would love to hear his views on what’s been going on since Deano got the coach role, Ashton’s interference and now our Nige joining.

21 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was thinking of Bob the other day, wondering how he was.

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I still chat to BBSB by text every now and again, he’s not too bad at the mo’.

17 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

I expect he has got pissed off with some of the “Happy Clappers” from Johnstone’s time at City.
Miss his contribution on here. Knowledgable City fan.

17 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Top lad ian 

17 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

I think Bob might be still on here.

12 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

About to listen now.

With respect to Jordan, didn't much care for him in the past but he speaks a hell of a lot of sense, especially on the business side of the game. He seemed a bit of an ass in his earlier Palace days?

One key thing I disagree with him on is his defence or rationalising of Mel Morris and his Stadium transaction- made a few factual errors at the time on it too which surprised me, but that aside Football Bodies could do a lot worse.

Small correction to him on the old school managers bit, Warnock went in with Cardiff in a relegation scrap in 2016/17, first game was vs us (a win for them!?) and then got them midtable, following season was their promotion. Wasn't straight in and up.

With respect to BBSB, a fine poster, not been on here for a while.

Surely I'm not the only one who just assumed that @Sheltons Army was @Bob Bob Super Bob's new account ??‍♂️

Archived