IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello fellow LESSER HUMANS Bristol Sport Customers Ostriches. You need to get your heads out of the sand and realise it's game day! Is Nigel Pearson famous enough for us to get called Nigel Pearson's Bristol City? Probably not.

We're playing Middlesbrough who are managed by your friend and mine, Neil Warnock. They're on a mixed run. Won the last two but didn't win in 5 before that. Their recent home games include losses to Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham, so maybe there's hope for plucky non league City to go up there and sneak a result!

Do you expect a response this time? Do the players react to anything? Do the out of contract players care if they impress a manager who might not be here next season for a club they won't be at anyway? Interesting to see if personal and professional pride is still a thing!

People apparently can't see the results when the poll closes so it's being left open, no cheating and saying we'll lose AFTER we're 6-0 down ok! I'm trusting you! ?

I've never been to Middlesbrough, tell me about your matchday experiences there! Good pubs? Good memories? Good games?

Remember it's at 7PM!

COYR

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Hello fellow LESSER HUMANS Bristol Sport Customers Ostriches. You need to get your heads out of the sand and realise it's game day! Is Nigel Pearson famous enough for us to get called Nigel Pearson's Bristol City? Probably not.

We're playing Middlesbrough who are managed by your friend and mine, Neil Warnock. They're on a mixed run. Won the last two but didn't win in 5 before that. Their recent home games include losses to Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham, so maybe there's hope for plucky non league City to go up there and sneak a result!

Do you expect a response this time? Do the players react to anything? Do the out of contract players care if they impress a manager who might not be here next season for a club they won't be at anyway? Interesting to see if personal and professional pride is still a thing!

People apparently can't see the results when the poll closes so it's being left open, no cheating and saying we'll lose AFTER we're 6-0 down ok! I'm trusting you! ?

I've never been to Middlesbrough, tell me about your matchday experiences there! Good pubs? Good memories? Good games?

Remember it's at 7PM!

COYR

He'd probably tell them not to, sharpish !

I can see a reaction this evening following Kalas presser also Nigel watching in the stands tonight. Everyone selected this evening will hopefully be fired up to perform, as they have to show they are worth selection for Saturday. I would love to be a fly in the wall at Failand at Wednesday training session. COYR 

Not expecting a classic but hoping to see a group of players eager to perform and some decent chances created (even though Boro stopped that at AG when we were doing well), if I'm being greedy then maybe even see them score a goal. Have got a good record up there in recent history so hoping that continues but more importantly I want to see them improve on recent performances.

12 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I just hope NP has good quality pen and a jumbo pad of paper with him. MA can type the results up overnight. 

Frankly, what was very worrying , we, the humble fans could all see what was wrong and if NP can’t see it then we may as well close the shop right away.

He will take us back to basics and give us a platform to build on.

We have a talented squad of players who just need ‘managing ‘. 

1 hour ago, sludge said:

Anyone think tonight will be the last time we see Fammy wearing a city shirt?

Bloody hope not.  Whatever you think of recent performances, him and Wells are our only real options up front.  Semenyo's done well to a degree but still hasn't scored a league goal and after that you're looking at kids like Bell and Pearson who wouldn't be anywhere near the squad in any normal season.

3 minutes ago, Roe said:

Bloody hope not.  Whatever you think of recent performances, him and Wells are our only real options up front.  Semenyo's done well to a degree but still hasn't scored a league goal and after that you're looking at kids like Bell and Pearson who wouldn't be anywhere near the squad in any normal season.

Fammy should not be starting in my opinion. How do you know Bell isn't good enough, not been given a real chance just the odd 5 mins by hapless Holden. Bell has real pace, something we have been badly lacking. (Pearson is a midfielder)

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fammy should not be starting in my opinion. How do you know Bell isn't good enough, not been given a real chance just the odd 5 mins by hapless Holden. Bell has real pace, something we have been badly lacking. (Pearson is a midfielder)

I'm not saying he should be starting but he has to be involved in some way for the rest of the season.

I think Pearson's played up front before but regardless that kind of proves my point anyway.  Not judging Bell at all as we've barely seen him but again, that's my point.

I think a draw. Although Nige isn’t officially “in charge”, he’ll no doubt be in the changing room pre match and at HT. In the former, he’ll galvanise the players. At HT, he won’t be able to stop himself “suggesting” things (no decent manager does in his position). By not “taking charge” he’s got a free hit here, and I expect the players to help him use it.

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think a draw. Although Nige isn’t officially “in charge”, he’ll no doubt be in the changing room pre match and at HT. In the former, he’ll galvanise the players. At HT, he won’t be able to stop himself “suggesting” things (no decent manager does in his position). By not “taking charge” he’s got a free hit here, and I expect the players to help him use it.

I reckon he’ll go in the dressing room shortly before kick off and give the players a message of good luck, knowing that his presence will focus the players minds. 

Archived