IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Roe said:

Bloody hope not.  Whatever you think of recent performances, him and Wells are our only real options up front.  Semenyo's done well to a degree but still hasn't scored a league goal and after that you're looking at kids like Bell and Pearson who wouldn't be anywhere near the squad in any normal season.

Given how effective our forwards have been this season are you sure about that? Pretty much couldn't do any worse

46 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fammy should not be starting in my opinion. How do you know Bell isn't good enough, not been given a real chance just the odd 5 mins by hapless Holden. Bell has real pace, something we have been badly lacking. (Pearson is a midfielder)

Can play as a forward, more specifically can operate as one of the wider front 3 we saw in the last game when we matched up Barnsley.

Depends if Pearson is going to try and get Downing and Simpson to use a shape he's thinking of or is just wanting to watch them how they've been set up to play. Pearson seems keen on wingers (had both Mahrez and Knockaert in a team at Leicester) and we have few actual wingers in our squad and fit, wouldn't be shocked if Pearson got a sub appearance at some point with Semenyo on the other wing.

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Given how effective our forwards have been this season are you sure about that? Pretty much couldn't do any worse

Considering they're our top 2 scorers and have commanded fees of millions of pounds.. yes?!

I appreciate they've been useless the past few weeks (who hasn't been?), but it'd be pretty silly to bin either of them off now, even if Diedhiou is to leave in the summer on a free.

5 minutes ago, Roe said:

Considering they're our top 2 scorers and have commanded fees of millions of pounds.. yes?!

I appreciate they've been useless the past few weeks (who hasn't been?), but it'd be pretty silly to bin either of them off now, even if Diedhiou is to leave in the summer on a free.

Not talking about for the rest of the season, but perhaps 90 minutes on the bench or being left at home could be a rocket up them if Holden getting sacked wasn't, not sure how much interest Pearson will have in Famara if he's off at the end of the season. Don't the rules around the proposed govt loan we can't offer wage increases in new contract as well? So no wage increase for Famara in negotiations potentially.

46 minutes ago, mozo said:

I reckon he’ll go in the dressing room shortly before kick off and give the players a message of good luck, knowing that his presence will focus the players minds. 

That’s what he did at Watford, just a little shake hands, good luck n all that.

Out of interest here the latest points gained / lost chart (a model, not meant to be conclusive).

07CC5164-D2B4-42BB-8D17-5B8F0D83BA54.thumb.jpeg.08ee63feac28e9e2fad4f2de1bd5aabc.jpeg

I reckon we'll get a point tonight. The players should be keen to show what they can do in front of their next boss and I hope there's a reaction to Kalas' interview on Saturday. If the squad is as together as Holden led us to believe, that interview should get a reaction.  

The rot has got to stop somewhere and who better to beat than Colin the numpty.

However the form we are in is probably the worst it’s ever been and I include the slide down to div 4 .At least we used to get the odd corner then.

I just hope we get a reaction ,box entries and dare I say even more than one shot on target.(my prediction Boro to win 1-0)

I live in hope now nige is here though.Let the fun begin.

coyr

37 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

:laugh:, Opi Edwards should be the first name on the teamsheet.

And that Williams fella the opposite!

Feel so sorry for him, must have been a wretched year for the guy. His social media post the other day seemed pretty heartfelt

Still hopefully next season he will make a full recovery and it will be like having a new player for us fans - lets hope he gets back to WIgan form of the season before (or better) - under Pearsons guidance.

I woudn't be surprised to see some changes, maybe suggested by Pearson after watching some videos of our recent matches. Even if that was the case, I can't see us winning tonight...but stopping the losing streak with a hard-fought draw would be a good starting point.

I'd say 70% Boro win, 30% draw.

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/12547-boro-v-bristol-city/

Boro’s season seems to have spluttered back into life again. The perfect professional performance against Reading has seen us creep back to 3 points off the play off spots. We have 2 home games this week, the first of which comes against Bristol City, whose season has completely imploded. They have lost 6 games in a row, sacking manager Dean Holden in the process. They lost 1-0 last time out to an in-form Barnsley side and will be desperate to stop the rot against Boro on Tuesday night.

Posted Sunday at 08:21 PM
There’sa good chance that Nigel Pearson will be in charge of Bristol city for this game. Not that he can do much in the 24ish hours he’ll have them but it might give them some extra impetus

I think he'll do well there, hopefully he starts after Tuesday night.

Nothing less than a win is acceptable here or Warnock should do the decent thing and resign immediately 

6 hours ago, Prinny said:

Hello fellow LESSER HUMANS Bristol Sport Customers Ostriches. You need to get your heads out of the sand and realise it's game day! Is Nigel Pearson famous enough for us to get called Nigel Pearson's Bristol City? Probably not.

We're playing Middlesbrough who are managed by your friend and mine, Neil Warnock. They're on a mixed run. Won the last two but didn't win in 5 before that. Their recent home games include losses to Birmingham, Blackburn and Rotherham, so maybe there's hope for plucky non league City to go up there and sneak a result!

Do you expect a response this time? Do the players react to anything? Do the out of contract players care if they impress a manager who might not be here next season for a club they won't be at anyway? Interesting to see if personal and professional pride is still a thing!

People apparently can't see the results when the poll closes so it's being left open, no cheating and saying we'll lose AFTER we're 6-0 down ok! I'm trusting you! ?

I've never been to Middlesbrough, tell me about your matchday experiences there! Good pubs? Good memories? Good games?

Remember it's at 7PM!

COYR

Was up there for the 2-2 FA cup game about 13 years back. We lost on penalties, and I think Yakubu missed two (one in the game and one in the shoot out) and think McCombe got a header. Think it was that that play-off season but not certain. Ground was half empty. 

A good mate played for Boro youth team and Darlington in League Two. He got us a box and ended up on a night out in the Cross Keys in Yarm with Lee Cattermole. Boro itself is pretty bleak. Wouldn't spend a lot of time there or choose it as an away day, other than to tick the box of visiting the stadium.

All my posts in the past week or so were for urgent action to 'GET A MAN IN!'

We've done that now, thank God, but don't expect any miracles tonight.

The club's sickness is a serious one and diagnosis is not straightforward. Batten down the hatches, 0-0 would be a glorious result. Give NP a little time to  allow him to form opinions and plan a way forward. We still have 15 games left.

Archived