IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Amazing what happens when you play players in their actual positions and don’t over-coach them.

I am sorry but you cannot underplay the lift and importance of having a respected manager - especially for the players.

Some of our senior pro’s were clearly all over the shop (tactically, motivationally) under Holden and that does not make it right (some of their performances), but it does show what a poor appointment it was once the initial period of novelty wore off.

Different club already and we have months ahead to look forward to.

You do not become bad players overnight but with footballers who are precious and ego-driven a lot of the time, once they switch off from you that is it.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out - for the first time in a year the football has been more entertaining than the forum - but is anyone else worried that Mark Ashton is sitting next to our Saviour  and that by the end of the game, Nice  will be so pissed off he won't sign the contract?

Wow! We really do like playing at the Riverside. Shows what can be done when we have a team of players all playing in their best positions. Defence has been sharp with young Towler showing up well and up front Fam and Nahki have been sharp, but the midfield has been superb. Not only has the passing been accurate and crisp but Nagy, Bakinson and Palmer have all shown a willingness to get forward, and equally to track back and defend. In this I must give a special mention to Kasey Palmer. As one of his harshest critics I can only give credit where its due and his work rate has been sensational tonight. Let's keep it going second half. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I can’t believe me eyes. Best half of football this season or am I getting carried away?

Fam a different player tonight - Wells down the middle and that’s what can happen.

Bakinson’s best half.

Nagy everywhere.

Palmer very good too.

We are conceding a lot of crosses (Hunt is looking beaten every time) but the CB’s looking solid.

Towler doing well too so far.

Pretty remarkable turnaround - amazing what confidence can do - even the presence of Pearson has given the players that hope and lift again.

Let’s get the job done and give NP some elusive momentum to take to Swansea.

Very impressed with Towler - but what a difference it makes for him having Kalas beside him instead of Moore. 

Just now, Daniro said:

Sorry if this has already been pointed out - for the first time in a year the football has been more entertaining than the forum - but is anyone else worried that Mark Ashton is sitting next to our Saviour  and that by the end of the game, Nice  will be so pissed off he won't sign the contract?

NP`s just making a few comments now and again. `I know where you live`, that sort of thing.

18 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

So where the hell did this come from? And Diedhiou scoring twice? Nakhi wells ? Three nil up?

And Mr Pearson isn't even in charge yet.

Don't get me wrong. Im so so pleased but I'm a tad annoyed. It proves this lot were more than capable of playing anybody in this league.

And now they're putting in a performance?

Because the team’s been set up properly for a change ?

1 minute ago, pillred said:

Will we sit on it second half? I know you couldn't blame them but I really hope not. 

If it aint broke? In F1 when drivers are slowed for flags they  lose concentration, tyre heat and adrenaline, you're at your best when you're on the line. But aye, more petrol burned, risk of injury, engine burn out, so it must be managed. That's the gaffers job. 

1st half summary:

So much to write about.

@BigTone???????????

6-0 is on!!!!!!

Nagy's best 45 mins this season.  Loved how he won the ball back for our second

Kalas LCB / Towler LWB - communication ✅

Mariappa at CCB has been brilliant.

Kalas switching to Vyner, gives us momentum

Wells looks so lively.  FD, awful start, but he did much better after opening 7-10 mins.

Bakinson, imperious.

Palmer, hardworking, Wells loving his early passing, Boro not!!!

I just liked that we actually passed it, and progressed up the pitch.  Been a long, long time since we've done that.  The first goal came after a good couple of spells of moving it with tempo.

Come on, lets go for more, but not go mad!!!

Archived