IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Wow! We really do like playing at the Riverside. Shows what can be done when we have a team of players all playing in their best positions. Defence has been sharp with young Towler showing up well and up front Fam and Nahki have been sharp, but the midfield has been superb. Not only has the passing been accurate and crisp but Nagy, Bakinson and Palmer have all shown a willingness to get forward, and equally to track back and defend. In this I must give a special mention to Kasey Palmer. As one of his harshest critics I can only give credit where its due and his work rate has been sensational tonight. Let's keep it going second half. 

I also think that KP put in a good shift against Barnsley, tracking back and tackling ( I know TACKLING )

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to point this out @INCRED but he doesn't take over until tomorrow 

You have to feel sorry for Holden, this bunch clearly shafted him

Exactly my point, I struggle with the ethics of professional footballers who shaft a decent bloke although he should never have been put in the situation in the first place 

14 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Just about to say the same - looks like he's trying to cover more ground than Nagy tonight.

Well, they should both be fresh and raring to go having been sat on the bench while Holden persisted with Vyner and Paterson in recent weeks. No sympathy for Dean, he was out of his depth. 

1 minute ago, INCRED said:

Exactly my point, I struggle with the ethics of professional footballers who shaft a decent bloke although he should never have been put in the situation in the first place 

That’s the problem thought ain’t it. Once the players lose faith in his methods the wheels come off spectacularly. Absolutely crazy decision to give him the job.

Just had a look at page 20 of their forum.

Their game plan has been obvious from the start, sit behind the ball let us have possession then hit us on the break. They've come to life in the final 3rd when they've won the ball off us. The injury doesn't change the game, the first goal does, it suits their game plan perfectly after that. 

We've chosen to defend by not marking any of their players essentially.  We probably should have taken the lead early on but Bola decided to try and cross rather than shooting when he was in versus the goalkeeper.  They had a couple of counter attacks where our defence disappeared but we didn't take the hint and instead kept doing it and they then scored three goals.  The defending has been brutal, and it's the entire team that is struggling, although a few individuals have stunk the place up a bit more than the others.

Archived