IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Key things for me is the back 3 look solid. Mariappa central really looks great. All that experience, why not have him in the middle of the 3. Dominant. And seems like the organiser back there.

Kalas left of the 3 solid again, and suits him as we have seen him play well left side in a 2 and is helping Towler well.

Vyner bringing it out fantastically a couple of times. Very good defensively from him. We are not missing Mawson one bit which is nice to be able to say. Moore being dropped was a great decision.

The midfield pair of Bakinson and Nagy I thought looked very promising the one time they played alongside each other earlier in the season. I think the 352 suits them with that extra defender behind them.

I think they are complimenting each other so well. Nagy got the mobility, Bakinson got the height. Both technically so gifted. Both defensive midfielders who can break forward.

Palmer been a key player tonight for me. He's played well but it's mainly where he is. Had it been the Holden favourite 352 with Bakinson holding then Palmer would be deep alongside Nagy. We wouldn't have the support to Fam and Wells who would likely be too isolated.

I don't know why Holden never went with the 3412 but tonight looks like that to me. Palmer working so much harder since his return, he looks fitter. And this system is made for him.

We have 3 midfielders all with so much technical ability. But a nice bit of body strength and height and work rate all in their too. 

It's what has helped Fam and Wells a lot. I have been critical of them as a pair in the past. But this is their best performance since funnily enough Boro away end of last season.

Fam touches been a bit off at times like can be the case. He can't sprint all the time either. But he is certainly a handful for that Boro back line. Wells pace and work rate. We look dangerous up top. Very well taken goals by those two.

Wing backs? Well Hunt is having a hard time but understandable against that guy. But Hunt is working hard as ever there. Towler been very steady so far. I like it he keeps it simple. Composed and certainly not looked a weak link so far.

Nail on the head.

Keep it up lads...!

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to point this out @INCRED but he doesn't take over until tomorrow 

You have to feel sorry for Holden, this bunch clearly shafted him

This isn't a team that Holden put on pitch though. So there is that. And confidence clearly plays part. I dont buy the idea players have somehow betrayed Holden. Its much more complicated than that

Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

First time I’ve regretted not spending the tenner.

Same here. Gutted.

Sounds like the whole team are playing well but the cynic in me does wonder why Fam seems to turn it on in the transfer window or when playing his potential future employers (might help up the contract offer a bit). Or is that unfair?

1 minute ago, freezer said:

Same players. Pity they didn't put the effort in for the fans and shirt previously. Well happy with the score so far mind, don't get me wrong. But, really, why the sudden improvement? I know, new manager syndrome. 

A strong wind is blowing tonight. Some Boro fans reckon their players can't cope with the conditions. 

Archived