IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

So much to write about.

@BigTone???????????

6-0 is on!!!!!!

Nagy's best 45 mins this season.  Loved how he won the ball back for our second

Kalas LCB / Towler LWB - communication ✅

Mariappa at CCB has been brilliant.

Kalas switching to Vyner, gives us momentum

Wells looks so lively.  FD, awful start, but he did much better after opening 7-10 mins.

Bakinson, imperious.

Palmer, hardworking, Wells loving his early passing, Boro not!!!

I just liked that we actually passed it, and progressed up the pitch.  Been a long, long time since we've done that.  The first goal came after a good couple of spells of moving it with tempo.

Come on, lets go for more, but not go mad!!!

But why are we playing Fam. Surely his heart isn't in it ...... not !!  Is he just scoring so he can secure a transfer ?

2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

This isn't a team that Holden put on pitch though. So there is that. And confidence clearly plays part. I dont buy the idea players have somehow betrayed Holden. Its much more complicated than that

The players played well for Holden, after 10/15 games we weren't in that mess, the challenge for any manager is not getting a reaction, its sustaining good performance. It's easy to get better when you're shit, it is not easy in any walk of life to be good and sustain it. That's the challenge Holden failed and that Pearson faces.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Same here. Gutted.

Sounds like the whole team are playing well but the cynic in me does wonder why Fam seems to turn it on in the transfer window or when playing his potential future employers (might help up the contract offer a bit). Or is that unfair?

Playing people in midfield that can pass helps him.

If Pearson only spoke to them for one minute I'd love to know what they'll be like after his first session.

Fair to say with KP and Nagy in their better, forward positions and with players looking like they realise they're playing for contracts, it's a whole new ballgame.

Archived