Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Middlesbrough (A) - Tues 23rd Feb 19:00 - Matchday thread

"Stick your neck out" predictions  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, phantom said:

Hate to point this out @INCRED but he doesn't take over until tomorrow 

You have to feel sorry for Holden, this bunch clearly shafted him

This isn't a team that Holden put on pitch though. So there is that. And confidence clearly plays part. I dont buy the idea players have somehow betrayed Holden. Its much more complicated than that

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, keflav said:

all I'm gonna say is 6 shots, 6 on target, 3 goals..... 😉😄💪👍

That’s a pretty good summary of the last 6/7 games, but what about tonight?

• Haha 1

Same players. Pity they didn't put the effort in for the fans and shirt previously. Well happy with the score so far mind, don't get me wrong. But, really, why the sudden improvement? I know, new manager syndrome. 

11 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Wonder what’s going through his head ?

D908DB07-45BE-4E70-83D4-EDCBF8F4FC28.png

From the Boro forum "Nothing less than a win is acceptable here or Warnock should do the decent thing and resign immediately!.

• Haha 1
Just now, ChippenhamRed said:

First time I’ve regretted not spending the tenner.

Same here. Gutted.

Sounds like the whole team are playing well but the cynic in me does wonder why Fam seems to turn it on in the transfer window or when playing his potential future employers (might help up the contract offer a bit). Or is that unfair?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, freezer said:

Same players. Pity they didn't put the effort in for the fans and shirt previously. Well happy with the score so far mind, don't get me wrong. But, really, why the sudden improvement? I know, new manager syndrome. 

A strong wind is blowing tonight. Some Boro fans reckon their players can't cope with the conditions. 

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

1st half summary:

So much to write about.

@BigTone🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

6-0 is on!!!!!!

Nagy's best 45 mins this season.  Loved how he won the ball back for our second

Kalas LCB / Towler LWB - communication ✅

Mariappa at CCB has been brilliant.

Kalas switching to Vyner, gives us momentum

Wells looks so lively.  FD, awful start, but he did much better after opening 7-10 mins.

Bakinson, imperious.

Palmer, hardworking, Wells loving his early passing, Boro not!!!

I just liked that we actually passed it, and progressed up the pitch.  Been a long, long time since we've done that.  The first goal came after a good couple of spells of moving it with tempo.

Come on, lets go for more, but not go mad!!!

But why are we playing Fam. Surely his heart isn't in it ...... not !!  Is he just scoring so he can secure a transfer ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

This isn't a team that Holden put on pitch though. So there is that. And confidence clearly plays part. I dont buy the idea players have somehow betrayed Holden. Its much more complicated than that

The players played well for Holden, after 10/15 games we weren't in that mess, the challenge for any manager is not getting a reaction, its sustaining good performance. It's easy to get better when you're shit, it is not easy in any walk of life to be good and sustain it. That's the challenge Holden failed and that Pearson faces.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Same here. Gutted.

Sounds like the whole team are playing well but the cynic in me does wonder why Fam seems to turn it on in the transfer window or when playing his potential future employers (might help up the contract offer a bit). Or is that unfair?

Playing people in midfield that can pass helps him.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, 22A said:

A strong wind is blowing tonight. Some Boro fans reckon their players can't cope with the conditions. 

Sorry I had sprouts for dins

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, glastonred said:

I hope people get off Nahki's back from now on. Just shows what a good centre forward he is. Play him centrally, and he scores goals! Simples!

I’ll reserve judgement on that until I see regular real effort from him!