IGNORED

Basso

pogue malone

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And then doing relatively little afterwards.

Remarkable how the time, team, place, everything all just seemed to come right when he was at City.

I just have visions of him diving high in the air, full stretch, only to catch the ball when others would have parried.  Remarkable. 

52 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Yeah, their paths crossed for one season I think. COYR 

I’d love him back here... strikes me his positivity would be just what’s needed now! 

Also, funny how things turn out. He was shunned for not signing a contract.... fast forward and we are now relying on half a squad whose contracts are running out. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I just have visions of him diving high in the air, full stretch, only to catch the ball when others would have parried.  Remarkable. 

He had the quickest feet of any keeper I think I've ever seen. Sounds like an odd trait for a keeper, but it meant that he was always perfectly placed to launch himself into one of those leaps with the minutest of time to prepare.

My over-riding memory of him is coming round from concussion at Yeovil (I think) and almost laying one on our trainer for daring to suggest that he might have to come off.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Great keeper - brilliantly agile , as you rightly say , and inspirational too

Think the inspirational , and character traits , of some players are undervalued a lot

Like Bentley , a match / points winner 

5 minutes ago, Rob k said:

I will get some pelters for this but i thought He was very overrated ??

Thank god for that. I was just about to make a similar comment!

He was adequate as a keeper, half his spectacular saves were relatively simple ones exaggerated for a camera lense and distribution was no better than average.

Did he not also throw his toys out of his favela trying to get a transfer when no offer had been received?

Yeah, get that he made the odd favourable comment and signed autographs with some religious guff on it, but the way some seem to remember him, you'd think he was the greatest keeper we'd ever had.

Jeez, now you’ve started something - our greatest keeper ever? My favourite was Mike “Gibbo” Gibson, and always the 1-2-3-4 steps and jump up to touch the bar at the start of every game, marvellous. Also wonder goal scorer Ray Cashley who knocks  on my door every couple of months representing W-S-M football club fund-raising, great banter when I ask him what it was like, haha!

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Thank god for that. I was just about to make a similar comment!

He was adequate as a keeper, half his spectacular saves were relatively simple ones exaggerated for a camera lense and distribution was no better than average.

Did he not also throw his toys out of his favela trying to get a transfer when no offer had been received?

Yeah, get that he made the odd favourable comment and signed autographs with some religious guff on it, but the way some seem to remember him, you'd think he was the greatest keeper we'd ever had.

12 minutes ago, Savino said:

Jeez, now you’ve started something - our greatest keeper ever? My favourite was Mike “Gibbo” Gibson, and always the 1-2-3-4 steps and jump up to touch the bar at the start of every game, marvellous. Also wonder goal scorer Ray Cashley who knocks  on my door every couple of months representing W-S-M football club fund-raising, great banter when I ask him what it was like, haha!

5 hours ago, shahanshahan said:

Amazed he never played in the Premier League!

The bloke was calamity jane. Utter donkey.. But made great camera saves.. Hense why he failed after city

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I wasn't sure it was legit, couldn't believe he's only got 1500 followers.

One of my favourite ever City players, just for the positivity he brought and the bond with the crowd

Great positivity awful goalkeeper

Archived