IGNORED

Coaching staff...

formerly known as ivan

5 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere yet so apologies if so...

What are peoples views? So we think Pearson will bring his own team of staff in with him in the summer once we know championship football is guaranteed for another year?

I hope he will bring them in now TBH.

10 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere yet so apologies if so...

What are peoples views? So we think Pearson will bring his own team of staff in with him in the summer once we know championship football is guaranteed for another year?

Once we know if he has been offered a permanent post, and, more importantly, that he accepts the offer. Quite a hurdle to clear

Got to be once he agrees to stay longer, you can't let him bring in a load of staff now paying off current staff  members if he decides he doesn't want to stick around and whoever would then come in want to bring their own people in as well

Not going to bring in all new staff and dump what we've got, when no one knows if Pearson will be here  next season.

When everyone decides Nige is the man we have wanted for years, then he'll be allowed to bring in "his" staff. Whoever takes us into next season will have to have the say on staff as well as players. Hopefully that will be Pearson as it will mean we've seen real progress.

14 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Once we know if he has been offered a permanent post, and, more importantly, that he accepts the offer. Quite a hurdle to clear

It'll be verbally agreed he'll be staying on provided we stay up. A short month deal is more us being prudent rather than him being noncommittal. I assume he's our highest paid manager in history, assuming that's the case - that wouldn't be feasible in League 1.

I imagine if Nigel does stay on he's using this time to assess the staff as well. 

Personally I would enjoy him bringing in Shakespeare and Walsh. Shakespeare might be a bit tricky as he's at Villa (who he supports) but Walsh is likely as he's put in America currently and I'd also get rid of the medical department when a player has criticised the medical team you lose a lot of trust with them. 

4 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

I imagine if Nigel does stay on he's using this time to assess the staff as well. 

Personally I would enjoy him bringing in Shakespeare and Walsh. Shakespeare might be a bit tricky as he's at Villa (who he supports) but Walsh is likely as he's put in America currently and I'd also get rid of the medical department when a player has criticised the medical team you lose a lot of trust with them. 

I missed the criticism of the medical team. There has been a lot on here but was there something from one of the players?

Who's to say that NP can't work with Simmo and Downing? They are both very experienced, good knowledge of the game, Particularly Simpson has a good reputation working with young players and I'm sure are respected by NP, likewise the other way round, you never know that it maybe a marriage made in heaven 

15 minutes ago, BetterRedthenBlue said:

You get the feeling it will be very difficult/unlikely to get Shakespeare from Villa - especially as you'd imagine sooner or later John Terry will get a number 1 job and leave, so CS might well shuffle up to main number 2 for Smith. 

With Pearsons experience as being assistant manager to the England U21's, plus the previous roles that Simpson and Downing held within the England set up, if we can get them all firing on all cylinders and actually doing what they're good at, we might have a decent structure in place already.

Part of me hopes that Simpson and Downing are great coaches when being asked to drill a squad over and over a particular way.

Archived