IGNORED

Tiger Woods

Red Army 75

1 hour ago, Super said:

Old school golf banter. Basically telling him he drove like a girl. 

Leave a putt short...caught the grip in your skirt etc etc.

Will be seen by many as inappropriate, but worse is said amongst mates when playing.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, spudski said:

Old school golf banter. Basically telling him he drove like a girl. 

Leave a putt short...caught the grip in your skirt etc etc.

Will be seen by many as inappropriate, but worse is said amongst mates when playing.

I did just that last week, leaving a putt well short. "Does your wife know you putt like that?" was a mates instant question.

Another favourite was being told that there was 'sh!t on the end of your driver'. I look at the head of the driver, and said mate says "No, other end".

Standard old school banter as you say. Nothing to see here... 

Edited by Calculus
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Calculus said:

I did just that last week, leaving a putt well short. "Does your wife know you putt like that?" was a mates instant question.

Another favourite was being told that there was 'sh!t on the end of your driver'. I look at the head of the driver, and said mate says "No, other end".

Standard old school banter as you say. Nothing to see here... 

Left a putt short recently and my mate told me I dropped something and pointed behind me. When I asked what it was he said “your lipstick” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kinell. This kind of banter really still exists in the 21st century, not only at amatuer level, but amongst the pros including the best player to have ever picked up a club? 

Sorry fellas, but absolute cringe. No wonder golf has the reputation of being a middle class, socially exclusive sport. 

Completely unfunny and certaintly open to criticism of being just outright sexist, which is puzzling considering so many positive strides have been made in promoting all forms of female sport including golf.

"Heres your tampon". I'd have been proud of that on the par 3 when I was 14 but Tiger Woods is making the same joke in the 21st century aged 47. Kinell ??‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Kinell. This kind of banter really still exists in the 21st century, not only at amatuer level, but amongst the pros including the best player to have ever picked up a club? 

Sorry fellas, but absolute cringe. No wonder golf has the reputation of being a middle class, socially exclusive sport. 

Completely unfunny and certaintly open to criticism of being just outright sexist, which is puzzling considering so many positive strides have been made in promoting all forms of female sport including golf.

"Heres your tampon". I'd have been proud of that on the par 3 when I was 14 but Tiger Woods is making the same joke in the 21st century aged 47. Kinell ??‍♂️

Absolutely.  I played an industry golf tournament last year and the female club pro was subject to incredible amounts of sexism all day.  She was on the same tee all day and if you outdrove her you could win a car.  She told me afterwards some of the comments.  Absolutely shocking.  As I said above, my mate made the lipstick comment….needless to say he was told to grow the F up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe it's just a pretty harmless,if not particularly funny joke between  two friends?

I still can't see how this bit of banter is derogatory towards woman.

He's taking the piss out of his male mate...he wouldn't have done it to a woman.

Woman want to have equality in Golf...if that's the case, get rid of the ladies tees. The ladies tees are there for a reason...because generally woman can't hit to ball as far as men. 

He wasn't demeaning the ability of woman golfers. Just that his mate, hit it like a female...shorter...which is true. It's a dig at his masculinity...not females.

Female sports correspondence are saying they want a level playing field with men. Well how can they have that, when they play off shorter tees? One Sky reporter said...

'Woods outdrove Thomas, it was seemingly done in jest but to me it was sort of laddy, blokeish behavior,' she added.

'He passed him the tampon and is effectively saying "look I've outdriven you, you're driving the ball like a woman".

'This is the inference of the incident that happened and that says females and women are inferior to men.' 

Well she looks a right tool there... females are inferior at driving the ball the same distance as the pro men. Tiger isn't implying woman are inferior perse...he's implying his mate hit it a shorter distance...like a female. ?

You can't be offended and a feminist...want a level playing field...yet in the same breath need shorter tees to compete on the course. 

Tiger and other males golfers have some lads banter. Whilst females and the offended get all righteous ??..then you get the likes of Paige Spiranac ( phwoar ??) ,and a host of others getting on her bandwagon, using golf and sexuality to promote golf and make a living...corporate golf and manufacturers using and sponsoring her.

Whilst she openly jokes about Phil Mickelson getting his inches wrong and feeling sorry for his wife ??

The hypocrisy is the joke.

At least Spiranac found it funny and made a valid point 

On 17/02/2023 at 12:42, Super said:

51 minutes ago, spudski said:

I still can't see how this bit of banter is derogatory towards woman.

He's taking the piss out of his male mate...he wouldn't have done it to a woman.

Woman want to have equality in Golf...if that's the case, get rid of the ladies tees. The ladies tees are there for a reason...because generally woman can't hit to ball as far as men. 

He wasn't demeaning the ability of woman golfers. Just that his mate, hit it like a female...shorter...which is true. It's a dig at his masculinity...not females.

Female sports correspondence are saying they want a level playing field with men. Well how can they have that, when they play off shorter tees? One Sky reporter said...

'Woods outdrove Thomas, it was seemingly done in jest but to me it was sort of laddy, blokeish behavior,' she added.

'He passed him the tampon and is effectively saying "look I've outdriven you, you're driving the ball like a woman".

'This is the inference of the incident that happened and that says females and women are inferior to men.' 

Well she looks a right tool there... females are inferior at driving the ball the same distance as the pro men. Tiger isn't implying woman are inferior perse...he's implying his mate hit it a shorter distance...like a female. ?

You can't be offended and a feminist...want a level playing field...yet in the same breath need shorter tees to compete on the course. 

Tiger and other males golfers have some lads banter. Whilst females and the offended get all righteous ??..then you get the likes of Paige Spiranac ( phwoar ??) ,and a host of others getting on her bandwagon, using golf and sexuality to promote golf and make a living...corporate golf and manufacturers using and sponsoring her.

Whilst she openly jokes about Phil Mickelson getting his inches wrong and feeling sorry for his wife ??

The hypocrisy is the joke.

At least Spiranac found it funny and made a valid point 

I have a degree of agreement with you, but its Benny Hill humour. Also Woods is famous for being a misogynist so this latest episode shows him off for being a bit of a git.

I know you dont get it, but you are from the era where reading maps is a vital skill. Dont worry about it mate

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Some clubs have and more are, they now just refer to the tees by colour, 'playing off the red tees'

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I have a degree of agreement with you, but its Benny Hill humour. Also Woods is famous for being a misogynist so this latest episode shows him off for being a bit of a git.

I know you dont get it, but you are from the era where reading maps is a vital skill. Dont worry about it mate

Funnily the ability of reading maps came in handy when creating course planners when caddying....and understanding them when playing. Height, elevation, NSEW, wind direction, gradient lines etc etc. ??

3 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Some clubs have and more are, they now just refer to the tees by colour, 'playing off the red tees'

Ladies tees have always been the red tees. 

And Senior men played from tees behind them. 

Imagine being a decent female player and having to play from in front of an OAP male ??

Thankfully Clubs are finally waking up and changing. 

It still doesn't detract from the fact woman hit the ball generally shorter.

If they want true equality...play of the White Tees. 

They didn't make football, cricket or Rugby pitches shorter for woman. 

Same can be said of Tennis...oh hang on...they play two sets less, why? Are they physically not capable to play like the men?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, spudski said:

Funnily the ability of reading maps came in handy when creating course planners when caddying....and understanding them when playing. Height, elevation, NSEW, wind direction, gradient lines etc etc. ??

With the wind blowing at a seaside Links I’d imagine a golf gps app on your Apple Watch would be easier to use than a big **** off map flapping in the wind. Each to their own mind

1 minute ago, TonyTonyTony said:

With the wind blowing at a seaside Links I’d imagine a golf gps app on your Apple Watch would be easier to use than a big **** off map flapping in the wind. Each to their own mind

No one uses a map. ?? It's a notebook in your back pocket.

And GPS is only allowed to give distance in tournament. Nothing else. No slope, gradient, elevation, wind direction etc etc.

That's why the caddie still walks the course and makes a course planner, and the majority of Pros still use conventional methods. 

GPS have their benefits, but it takes away a lot of being able to read a hole properly.

20 hours ago, spudski said:

And GPS is only allowed to give distance in tournament. Nothing else. No slope, gradient, elevation, wind direction etc etc.

That's why the caddie still walks the course and makes a course planner, and the majority of Pros still use conventional methods. 

GPS have their benefits, but it takes away a lot of being able to read a hole properly.

Yeah it was a joke mate

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, spudski said:

Whoosh!

• Haha 1