IGNORED

Nagy

Globe Trotter

As good a Championship midfield performance as you could wish to see.

So much energy, fantastic closing down, tracking back, blocking and generally harassing the opposition. Won a couple of headers too! 

Going forward some intelligent running and movement, crisp passing and a fantastic cross for the first goal. Atoning for his error in the lead up to the second even better in my view. 

Tonight he showed how good he is and showed the importance of having a fit and firing Bakinson with him. Having a combination of Paterson, Vyner and Adelukan/Palmer with him as has happened earlier this season was ridiculous and hopefully won’t be seen again as it leaves him far too isolated. 

I’ve singled Nagy out but the whole side were excellent tonight, what a breath of fresh air! 

3 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

So much energy, fantastic closing down, tracking back, blocking and generally harassing the opposition. Won a couple of headers too! 

Going forward some intelligent running and movement, crisp passing and a fantastic cross for the first goal. Atoning for his error in the lead up to the second even better in my view. 

Tonight he showed how good he is and showed the importance of having a fit and firing Bakinson with him. Having a combination of Paterson, Vyner and Adelukan/Palmer with him as has happened earlier this season was ridiculous and hopefully won’t be seen again as it leaves him far too isolated. 

I’ve singled Nagy out but the whole side were excellent tonight, what a breath of fresh air! 

My MOTM. 
A good team performance. 

Nagy’s was class but that midfield three worked really well as a unit. Bakinson sitting deep and getting his head up, Nagy and Palmer putting in great shifts. All three mixing quality with work-rate. 

Persisting with Pato, Lansbury Vyner ahead of any of these three is one of the reasons Holden lost his job. 

8 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

About time, if you ask me - they've been absolutely shocking of late

9 minutes ago, Globe Trotter said:

Yes agree . 100% . Loved watching him . He was all over the pitch . 

Excellent performance tonight, no ifs and buts. Playing against Warnock's midfields are as easy as it gets in this league and a better test will be on Saturday. Most on here have criticised Nagy this season and i do think 3 games every 8 days will be too much for anyone across the midfield 5 ..but let's see when we start winning again like we did under Dean earlier this seaosn.

The whole midfield showed great commitment across the board, I do wish Palmer could avoid copping a yellow card every game though, the way he played tonight showed why we paid the money for him. Hate to think he'll potentially miss games due to suspension just as it is all clicking into place for him. 

13 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Excellent performance tonight, no ifs and buts. Playing against Warnock's midfields are as easy as it gets in this league and a better test will be on Saturday. Most on here have criticised Nagy this season and i do think 3 games every 8 days will be too much for anyone across the midfield 5 ..but let's see when we start winning again like we did under Dean earlier this seaosn.

Is that the same ‘Dean’ who you relentlessly slated and criticised  ?

32 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

The fact that Holden dropped him for others (Lansbury) when he was one of few who deserved a start was baffling. Thank god Holden has departed. 

Dropped Nagy and Palmer for barely fit Lansbury and Paterson sums Holden up for me.  Unbelieveably poor decision making.

Archived