IGNORED

Nagy

Globe Trotter

Probably the best all-round midfield display we’ve put together since the opening four games. It was certainly Tyreeq’s best performance since the opening month. He and Nagy in particular completely bossed the first 60 minutes.

Unbelievably, it’s only the second time Palmer, Bakinson and Nagy have all started together and the first time in a league game. The other was the 4-0 win over Northampton.

Stick with those three please, Nigel.

1 hour ago, Globe Trotter said:

As good a Championship midfield performance as you could wish to see.

So much energy, fantastic closing down, tracking back, blocking and generally harassing the opposition. Won a couple of headers too! 

Going forward some intelligent running and movement, crisp passing and a fantastic cross for the first goal. Atoning for his error in the lead up to the second even better in my view. 

Tonight he showed how good he is and showed the importance of having a fit and firing Bakinson with him. Having a combination of Paterson, Vyner and Adelukan/Palmer with him as has happened earlier this season was ridiculous and hopefully won’t be seen again as it leaves him far too isolated. 

I’ve singled Nagy out but the whole side were excellent tonight, what a breath of fresh air! 

Totally agree. Nagy was brilliant. One minute seeing the ball out for a goal kick the next chipping over for Diedhiou to head home. Young Towler also had a good game. After one block, the others patted him on the back in support and praise. Palmer ran about 30 foot to do it. Good, hardworking performance. Nearly forgot, another great effort by Palmer. He's now adding work rate to his undoubted skill.

3 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Nagy is an excellent player, despite what some say on here.

Nagy can be an excellent player, just like most of our players.  They all have some talent, it’s displaying it regularly that’s the problem.  Nagy has been far from consistent this season.

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Class tonight... However he has woefully underperformed since his arrival. 

This shows how he could be going forward, Pearson I'm sure will get the best out of him. 

But he's been rightfully critised for performance this season IMO. 

Imho has been very mixed.

Birmigham and QPR when he first came over, Fulham (a) last season, Cardiff (a) this season....and tonight.

But had some shockers too.

Needs to play much more like tonight.  22+4 apps this season.

@Harrypretty clear tonight Bakinson given to job to be the deeper / screen, and as I said over the weekend I can persuaded to play them either way around, as long as clear roles are defined.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nagy can be an excellent player, just like most of our players.  They all have some talent, it’s displaying it regularly that’s the problem.  Nagy has been far from consistent this season.

Imho has been very mixed.

Birmigham and QPR when he first came over, Fulham (a) last season, Cardiff (a) this season....and tonight.

But had some shockers too.

Needs to play much more like tonight.  22+4 apps this season.

@Harrypretty clear tonight Bakinson given to job to be the deeper / screen, and as I said over the weekend I can persuaded to play them either way around, as long as clear roles are defined.

He’s been excellent in a lot more games than that for me. Maybe it’s clearer how good he is by seeing how much worse we are when he isn’t in the team. 

53 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

He’s been excellent in a lot more games than that for me. Maybe it’s clearer how good he is by seeing how much worse we are when he isn’t in the team. 

Out of likes but totally agree. He has also been stretched far too thinly in midfield and has at times been having to do the jobs of 2/3 players. I think Gerrard or Lampard would struggle to be effective when partnered with some of our midfield offerings this season! 

Had a good game last night, I like him. I like that when he's not playing well his energy levels don't drop, he's still busy. He needs players around him and last night , in Bakinson & Palmer he had players that wanted the ball. Palmer never hides, he will take the ball whether marked or not, Bakinson's movement is decent and usually can find a yard to give an option.  More players willing to move and give options makes that MF position easier, makes Nagy's hard work that bit easier.

Unless you're on my WhatsApp group where the last posts were Bakinson's shit and we should get rid of Nagy. Opinions & ass-holes, everybody's got one. ?

13 hours ago, Globe Trotter said:

As good a Championship midfield performance as you could wish to see.

So much energy, fantastic closing down, tracking back, blocking and generally harassing the opposition. Won a couple of headers too! 

Going forward some intelligent running and movement, crisp passing and a fantastic cross for the first goal. Atoning for his error in the lead up to the second even better in my view. 

Tonight he showed how good he is and showed the importance of having a fit and firing Bakinson with him. Having a combination of Paterson, Vyner and Adelukan/Palmer with him as has happened earlier this season was ridiculous and hopefully won’t be seen again as it leaves him far too isolated. 

I’ve singled Nagy out but the whole side were excellent tonight, what a breath of fresh air! 

I agree, he was everywhere, got stuck in and played with his head up.

Of course it helps having 10 teams mates running into space and wanting the ball.

I was really pleased to see the talk and hand slapping in defence.

We looked like a close knit team last night

3 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I didn’t say that was all the games, just games off the top of my head.  All about opinions.  I don’t think he influences games enough.  So, I’m not sure it is clearer.  Not for me anyway.  He’s played in as many winning team performances as losing.  Is he the catalyst either way?  Not for me.  Think he’s more the “follower”.

He’s got good assets and not so good assets.  When he plays like he did last night, those good things come out.

I don’t get too excited by individual match performances, nor too critical when he has a bad game (or any player for that matter).

95C63DE5-A72A-49B3-9160-850BED3530EF.thumb.jpeg.885c989360871a99aecc46f91f50860e.jpeg

15 hours ago, nickolas said:

Nagy?? You mean ‘Nodge’ according to tonights commentator! ??

As a speaker of the language, I can confirm that "Nodge" is probably about as close as any English phonetic form is going to get to the correct pronunciation...

As far as the player is concerned, I am obviously bias but he's class and the fact that we actually now have a manager who understands how to play proper football, means that he can thrive in a role with direction rather than under the previous 2 regimes which was "just run around a lot and see what happens"  

Which adam nagy are we talking about....

The one leading the press up front last night?

The one playing attacking midfield?

The one playing defensive midfield?

The one picking up the ball from our centre backs to play out from the back?

The one picking up knock downs from fam?

The one attacking down the wings?

Or the one covering our defence on the left hand side..  and also sometimes popped up providing cover out on the right?

I ask as I refuse to believe there was only one Adam nagy on the pitch last night. I pretty sure he was in goal at one point too.

9 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Which adam nagy are we talking about....

The one leading the press up front last night?

The one playing attacking midfield?

The one playing defensive midfield?

The one picking up the ball from our centre backs to play out from the back?

The one picking up knock downs from fam?

The one attacking down the wings?

Or the one covering our defence on the left hand side..  and also sometimes popped up providing cover out on the right?

I ask as I refuse to believe there was only one Adam nagy on the pitch last night. I pretty sure he was in goal at one point too.

That would be this one - taken from the Hungary v Turkey game last November (from my thread at the time)

C8DC8138-460F-415B-8AF5-C4FE5F7ADF84.jpeg

Archived