IGNORED

Nagy

Globe Trotter

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Nagy can be an excellent player, just like most of our players.  They all have some talent, it’s displaying it regularly that’s the problem.  Nagy has been far from consistent this season.

Imho has been very mixed.

Birmigham and QPR when he first came over, Fulham (a) last season, Cardiff (a) this season....and tonight.

But had some shockers too.

Needs to play much more like tonight.  22+4 apps this season.

@Harrypretty clear tonight Bakinson given to job to be the deeper / screen, and as I said over the weekend I can persuaded to play them either way around, as long as clear roles are defined.

Might be being a bit harsh there Dave I think.  No one has been consistent this season in the squad with the exception maybe of Dan Bentley, who doesn't have to change the way he plays according to how the team is set up.  Nagy if anything has been one of our most consistent outfield players even though he's been in and out of the team, played in numerous different midfield permutations, played in more advanced roles at times which clearly do not suit his game, and even I think covered at the back in one game.  I do agree that sometimes he can give more - he has been guitly as has everyone else in the squad of hiding on occasion and not always making himself available for the pass - but I can't think of any shockers.  While while many of his teammates have at times looked uninterested, he always puts a shift in and plays an excellent game off the ball, doing the hard yards to cover gaps, harry and harrass opponents and support teammates.  With the right midfield set up, with decent players like Bakinson, Williams, Walsh and KP around him, and with some proper coaching in terms of patterns for moving the ball, we will see more of the high quality rounded game from him we saw yesterday where he made a big contribution to us actually managing to control the game at least for the first half from midfield.     

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I didn’t say that was all the games, just games off the top of my head.  All about opinions.  I don’t think he influences games enough.  So, I’m not sure it is clearer.  Not for me anyway.  He’s played in as many winning team performances as losing.  Is he the catalyst either way?  Not for me.  Think he’s more the “follower”.

He’s got good assets and not so good assets.  When he plays like he did last night, those good things come out.

I don’t get too excited by individual match performances, nor too critical when he has a bad game (or any player for that matter).

95C63DE5-A72A-49B3-9160-850BED3530EF.thumb.jpeg.885c989360871a99aecc46f91f50860e.jpeg

He effects the game a lot but mainly defensively. That’s why it goes unnoticed I think.  I don’t really like stats too much and just prefer to watch and judge but a rough look shows we do concede fewer goals when he starts. 

Thought our midfield was superb last night, what was pleasing that we passed the ball with pace on and movement to receive a pass

Couple of stats from official site

ON THE BALL

• Most passes: Tyreeq Bakinson 50
  • Best pass accuracy: Ádám Nagy 81.1%
  • Most touches: Kasey Palmer 64

DEFENSIVE DUTIES

• Most interceptions:  Tomas Kalas, Palmer 4
  • Most clearances: Kalas 9
  • Most tackles: Nagy 4
  • Most blocked shots: Kalas 3
  • Aerial duels won: Kalas11

1 hour ago, SouthS22 said:

Might be being a bit harsh there Dave I think.  No one has been consistent this season in the squad with the exception maybe of Dan Bentley, who doesn't have to change the way he plays according to how the team is set up.  Nagy if anything has been one of our most consistent outfield players even though he's been in and out of the team, played in numerous different midfield permutations, played in more advanced roles at times which clearly do not suit his game, and even I think covered at the back in one game.  I do agree that sometimes he can give more - he has been guitly as has everyone else in the squad of hiding on occasion and not always making himself available for the pass - but I can't think of any shockers.  While while many of his teammates have at times looked uninterested, he always puts a shift in and plays an excellent game off the ball, doing the hard yards to cover gaps, harry and harrass opponents and support teammates.  With the right midfield set up, with decent players like Bakinson, Williams, Walsh and KP around him, and with some proper coaching in terms of patterns for moving the ball, we will see more of the high quality rounded game from him we saw yesterday where he made a big contribution to us actually managing to control the game at least for the first half from midfield.     

I think the fact you use a basis of everyone being inconsistent, makes my words of “can” and “mixed” even more appropriate.  But it makes no odds really.

If I thought he always did the hard yards I wouldn’t call out in other games where he’s been yards off engaging or not going into tackles in a committed way.

Im certainly not saying he’s a bad player.  I said only last week he would suit us better playing a more technical system....which in many respects we did last night with Bakinson and Palmer in there and the way they played as a trio.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

He effects the game a lot but mainly defensively. That’s why it goes unnoticed I think.  I don’t really like stats too much and just prefer to watch and judge but a rough look shows we do concede fewer goals when he starts. 

I do all my initial stuff from watching and judging....I just happen to like stats too, and use it to reflect afterwards.  I spend a lot of the game checking position, shape, not just following the ball.  I agree that he affects defence more than attack in the main.  Not unnoticed by me.  Last night it was good to see him break forward too....not just the assist but he was the guy getting beyond the last man in the 2nd minute.  I liked that tactically he swapped with Palmer for a spell first half to give Hunt more cover.

But I also noticed him (a rare occasion last night) where he went ball chasing leaving Morsy 25 yards out second half, who then got a pass from Howson.  But in the context of last night’s performance thats churlish.  It’s the other games where this is more critical, hence my view that he does good stuff abd bad stuff.  Last night the good stuff completely overshadowed the bad stuff....fantastic.

Rough look > less rough look by me (league)

City: P32 W13 D3 L16 GF32 GA43 Pts42

Per game W0.37 D0.09 L0.50 GF1.00 GA1.34 Pts1.31

Nagy: P19 W8 D1 L10 GF18 GA23 *starts only

Per game W0.42 D.0.05 L0.53 GF0.95 GA1.21 Pts1.31

He is pretty much doing individually what City do as a team, everything in near alignment.  Saves a team goal every 8 games he starts.  It’s uncanny.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think the fact you use a basis of everyone being inconsistent, makes my words of “can” and “mixed” even more appropriate.  But it makes no odds really.

If I thought he always did the hard yards I wouldn’t call out in other games where he’s been yards off engaging or not going into tackles in a committed way.

Im certainly not saying he’s a bad player.  I said only last week he would suit us better playing a more technical system....which in many respects we did last night with Bakinson and Palmer in there and the way they played as a trio.

I do all my initial stuff from watching and judging....I just happen to like stats too, and use it to reflect afterwards.  I spend a lot of the game checking position, shape, not just following the ball.  I agree that he affects defence more than attack in the main.  Not unnoticed by me.  Last night it was good to see him break forward too....not just the assist but he was the guy getting beyond the last man in the 2nd minute.  I liked that tactically he swapped with Palmer for a spell first half to give Hunt more cover.

But I also noticed him (a rare occasion last night) where he went ball chasing leaving Morsy 25 yards out second half, who then got a pass from Howson.  But in the context of last night’s performance thats churlish.  It’s the other games where this is more critical, hence my view that he does good stuff abd bad stuff.  Last night the good stuff completely overshadowed the bad stuff....fantastic.

Rough look > less rough look by me (league)

City: P32 W13 D3 L16 GF32 GA43 Pts42

Per game W0.37 D0.09 L0.50 GF1.00 GA1.34 Pts1.31

Nagy: P19 W8 D1 L10 GF18 GA23 *starts only

Per game W0.42 D.0.05 L0.53 GF0.95 GA1.21 Pts1.31

He is pretty much doing individually what City do as a team, everything in near alignment.  Saves a team goal every 8 games he starts.  It’s uncanny.

I looked at it since the Norwich home game.  Looked very quickly but it seemed he had a pretty big impact on goals conceded

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I looked at it since the Norwich home game.  Looked very quickly but it seemed he had a pretty big impact on goals conceded

My gut feel from watching and judging is that he’s a yardstick for how we play.  If he plays well it’s usually  in a good team performance, and when he plays badly, it’s usually in a poor team performance.  It’s the rare occasions where he’s outstanding in a shit team performance and likewise he’s rarely crap in a brilliant team performance.

Is he Bagpuss or is he the mice in the mouse-organ?

When Nag-puss (see what I did there) plays well do all the mice play well because he does, or does he play well because the mice are playing well.

I’ve rarely seen him take the game by the scruff of the neck, so I think he is more of a follower than the catalyst.  But having said that, it’s not really his character / style either.

But going back to my original sentence, thats why I like data, because you can use to help justify something or not as the case may be.

But, as I say again, last night was a really positive performance.  I thought the first half might possibly have been his best 45 in a City shirt.

6 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Thought our midfield was superb last night, what was pleasing that we passed the ball with pace on and movement to receive a pass

Couple of stats from official site

ON THE BALL

• Most passes: Tyreeq Bakinson 50
  • Best pass accuracy: Ádám Nagy 81.1%
  • Most touches: Kasey Palmer 64

DEFENSIVE DUTIES

• Most interceptions:  Tomas Kalas, Palmer 4
  • Most clearances: Kalas 9
  • Most tackles: Nagy 4
  • Most blocked shots: Kalas 3
  • Aerial duels won: Kalas11

Those are some stats for Tomas too! 11 aerial duels won? They can`t have won a header all night!

22 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Probably the best all-round midfield display we’ve put together since the opening four games. It was certainly Tyreeq’s best performance since the opening month. He and Nagy in particular completely bossed the first 60 minutes.

Unbelievably, it’s only the second time Palmer, Bakinson and Nagy have all started together and the first time in a league game. The other was the 4-0 win over Northampton.

Stick with those three please, Nigel.

Those 3 players who are here next season.

Archived