IGNORED

Bakinson

JonDolman

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

The guy is absolutely class. How on earth has he been on our bench. What a talent. A joy to watch our midfield tonight, which I can't remember saying for a long time

The people from the club who have been summarising have all said that he took a while to recover from COVID, so that might explain his bench time. His first time passing tonight was stunning at times, he really looks the real deal when he plays like that.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

The people from the club who have been summarising have all said that he took a while to recover from COVID, so that might explain his bench time. His first time passing tonight was stunning at times, he really looks the real deal when he plays like that.

Got to be a player who Pearson will get his teeth right into. If he can just eradicate the odd bit of sloppiness he will be some talent.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

still too many misplaced passes for me, but agreed much better. Nagy and Bakinson outstanding

I don't mind a misplaced pass if you can see what he had in mind and is looking to create, the ones that are annoying are the ones where he looks like he just wants to get rid of the ball. I don't think there were any of those tonight.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

The guy is absolutely class. How on earth has he been on our bench. What a talent. A joy to watch our midfield tonight, which I can't remember saying for a long time

Was the best midfielder in the previous 3 games too....unfortunately from the bench.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

With the benefit of hindsight having seen Dean Holden's coaching and setup in the past couple of months, I have a theory that Bakinson created an illusion of Holden astuteness earlier in the season. 

Tyreeq was undoubtedly our best player in that opening run getting those results, playing quick forward balls and with his head up unlike anyone we had, at a time opponents probably didn't know him. 

Think everyone would accept he got found out a bit after that and was knocked by the Covid absence, but on his game he is as rare a player we have, as the only one who can pick forward passes fast.

No disrespect to Holden but the football the past couple of months had been historically bad and I'm not sure without Tyreeq on his game, we wouldn't have been an average side right from the word go.

• Like 5

When it works - absolutely superb. Vision, passer of the ball, he's a natural. First half he was immense alongside Nagy.

Just needs to work on 'always' looking after the ball - still liable to a loose one and often in a position that will invite pressure or a chance for the opposition.

That's fine though, young and still learning but i'd imagine NP will be very excited about working with him. I was glad to see him win a tactical free kick or two second half, as I want to see more of that side of his game too as he develops. 

• Like 2

The player has a patrick viera look ,lays the ball easy and always looking to receive it back ,brilliant first half ,tired a bit second half but with a little more strength and belief will turn into a strong midfield warrior just needs to cut out the lazy ball 👍

Really looks a special talent to me. Lovely weight of pass, always looks to play with purpose and has a nice arrogance when on the ball.

I think there’s lots of room for improvement when out of possession and at times he makes poor decisions, but I think there is a serious player in there. I’ve been irritated with his exclusion from the team in a lot of games recently because I’d rather watch him making mistakes than so many others as I feel the ceiling of his talent is so high.

The small glimpses of actual football this team has played (blink and you’ll miss them at times) have pretty much solely been through Bakinson’s ability to pass the ball forwards. Right back to when he came off the bench on the first day against Coventry.

• Like 1

He's a luxury, creative type. Weak in the tackle and poor when pressured (but that's not necessarily a bad thing.) 

IF (big if) you play him in a system like tonight where Nagy and KP play in front of him, doing his legwork and giving him space in which to play,  he can punish teams.

Our problem to date is we've rarely played that system. 

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

Really looks a special talent to me. Lovely weight of pass, always looks to play with purpose and has a nice arrogance when on the ball.

I think there’s lots of room for improvement when out of possession and at times he makes poor decisions, but I think there is a serious player in there. I’ve been irritated with his exclusion from the team in a lot of games recently because I’d rather watch him making mistakes than so many others as I feel the ceiling of his talent is so high.

The small glimpses of actual football this team has played (blink and you’ll miss them at times) have pretty much solely been through Bakinson’s ability to pass the ball forwards. Right back to when he came off the bench on the first day against Coventry.

That’s what I like about him.

He is beautiful. I agree with @Olé he was superb in the early games and was missed and not the same again after illness. In those early fixtures we edged a number of tight games like Coventry. His absence preceded lots of other injuries that led to a mess of in-and-outs and ended with no on pitch plan at all. If Tyreeq had carried on playing the linchpin role, we might have had more consistency and been able to manage the injury driven rotation of players, avoiding the “searching for the formula” approach we ended up with.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

still too many misplaced passes for me, but agreed much better. Nagy and Bakinson outstanding

But you could see what the intent was. Not all passes are going to come off but at least he was trying them. Great performance from our midfield last night after several games of not realising we had one.