IGNORED

Great Response

Kodjias Wrist

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Great win,but I have very mixed feelings about the performance. 

Yeh, a great result but we lost control of the game after the third goal. Didn't manage another shot and let them put the pressure on. Watmore spooned one over, they took some other poor shots.

Blitzing the first 30 minutes then defending is one way to skin a cat, but I still see a lot of room for improvement. We had 6 out of 6 shots on target...but we still only took 6 shots in the whole 90 minutes. They had 17.

2 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

How so? They didn't have many clear cut chances and the effort was certainly there from all of the boys. Boro were always going to respond second half.

How come such an improved performance by pretty much every City player all of a sudden?Where have those performances been  in the last few months?

Just now, Slacker said:

How come such an improved performance by pretty much every City player all of a sudden?Where have those performances been  in the last few months?

Agreed you could ask that but we don't know how badly they were instructed by Holden. There is still a lot of work to do and I think 3 points is the main thing but agreed it is a point worth making.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, a great result but we lost control of the game after the third goal. Didn't manage another shot and let them put the pressure on. Watmore spooned one over, they took some other poor shots.

Blitzing the first 30 minutes then defending is one way to skin a cat, but I still see a lot of room for improvement. We had 6 out of 6 shots on target...but we still only took 6 shots in the whole 90 minutes. They had 17.

17 and 3 on target, pot shots at best. Nobody was expecting this result. I can’t remember last time we had 6 on target. I’d just sit back, relax, enjoy the 3 points and laugh as the gas. Nigel can work on the rest in training.?

1 minute ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Agreed you could ask that but we don't know how badly they were instructed by Holden. There is still a lot of work to do and I think 3 points is the main thing but agreed it is a point worth making.

Don't get me wrong mate.I am as happy as anyone with the win and am very excited about the future under NP.

10 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Fantastic first half, great performance by many of the boys. Looked like a completely different team. 

The midfield made all the difference, mobile and passing well, contrast that to having Lansbury and Vyner in midfield!  Really poor selection by Simpson. Think it's only the 2nd time this season Bakinson has started with Nagy.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

The midfield made all the difference, mobile and passing well, contrast that to having Lansbury and Vyner in midfield!  Really poor selection by Simpson. Think it's only the 2nd time this season Bakinson has started with Nagy.

And really good selection by Simpson tonight.

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

17 and 3 on target, pot shots at best. Nobody was expecting this result. I can’t remember last time we had 6 on target. I’d just sit back, relax, enjoy the 3 points and laugh as the gas. Nigel can work on the rest in training.?

This. Bents had one save to make and even that might have been a block by TK. If you were watching it on TV and didn`t support either team you`d have said we were comfortable and never really looked in trouble.

Just now, RUSSEL85 said:

I know, half of the 17 were outside our box. I am honestly trying to enjoy the win and not be too negative. But likewise trying not to get carried away. Just in terms of numbers (other than the scoreline which I have been told plenty of times is the only stat that matters) it's not much different to many of our other games this season.

But yes, lovely three points, onto Swansea and the dawn of the Pearson era.

6 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Helps when you don't play players out of position

Playing a player out of position does not mean they are unable to tackle, pass, head, kick etc etc.

That has been sorely missing for months.

14 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's what Nigel needs to see. Best he sees the flaws in person early doors, while we collect three points. A good night.

11 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Mixed feelings about Fams performance, glad he was on it but I fear only to impress other possible teams.

Hmmmm  :devil:

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

possibly, also possible Nige had a word in his ear after watching back recent games.

True, just think some of the flack that has come the coach’s way has been a bit OTT lately, given both had decent track records before City and we simply don’t knowthe degree to which they have been responsible for performances, compared to DH who was the main man

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's what Nigel needs to see. Best he sees the flaws in person early doors, while we collect three points. A good night.

I'm sure he would have looked at previous matches and asked the coaches and players what has been going wrong. I'm sure he would get more out of Kalas than we did in that interview.

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I am quite glad that Pearson would have seen the good and the bad tonight 

14 minutes ago, Slacker said:

For a start, Kalas playing LCB to give support to Towler, Vyner back in defence, Nagy, Bakinson & Palmer the 3 in midfield, Wells and Fam playing central.

NOT Kalas playing centre with Moore LCB and Mariappa LWB, No Vyner, Lansbury in midfield, no Wells at LW.

We play players where they are supposed to play and magically, we play better.

1 minute ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Good way to look at it.

I'm just haunted by wins like Forest, Cardiff and Huddersfield this season where we won but were really second best in may regards. I'm wary of false dawns I guess. But, of course, none of those games were watched by Pearson with the prospect of him being able to change things afterwards. So, as you allude to, maybe I should lean into that variable, enjoy three points, and wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

Just now, Top Robin said:

I am quite glad that Pearson would have seen the good and the bad tonight 

As I said, I can see this is a good way to look at tonight's match.

1 minute ago, grifty said:

For a start, Kalas playing LCB to give support to Towler, Vyner back in defence, Nagy, Bakinson & Palmer the 3 in midfield, Wells and Fam playing central.

NOT Kalas playing centre with Moore LCB and Mariappa LWB, No Vyner, Lansbury in midfield, no Wells at LW.

We play players where they are supposed to play and magically, we play better.

obvious really!

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good way to look at it.

I'm just haunted by wins like Forest, Cardiff and Huddersfield this season where we won but were really second best in may regards. I'm wary of false dawns I guess. But, of course, none of those games were watched by Pearson with the prospect of him being able to change things afterwards. So, as you allude to, maybe I should lean into that variable, enjoy three points, and wait to see what happens over the next few weeks.

As I said, I can see this is a good way to look at tonight's match.

Yes, give it time. We're in good hands, now. 

2 minutes ago, gazza1982 said:

We win and win pretty convincingly, yet some on here are still unhappy. Only on OTIB! ?

I am certainly not unhappy about the last couple of days,but are you completely satisfied with all of our players level of commitment over the last couple of months?

Archived