IGNORED

Great Response

Kodjias Wrist

13 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's what Nigel needs to see. Best he sees the flaws in person early doors, while we collect three points. A good night.

Exactly. great that hopefully he could see the flaws. 

A 5nil win would so hide the problems . He wont see everything tonight we know that's not possible. 

But it sure gives him something to work with. Can't wait for his first interview.

Just now, Slacker said:

Its been a great couple of days and I can't be bothered to argue,but I think that is a very simplistic view.You are of course entitled to it.

Football is a simple game,

Take us until tonight, how often had we played kalas at lcb how often had we played fam and Wells in the centre

How often had we played nagy and bakinson together which provided much need cover and energy,

The players are prob the most talented we've ever had, the reason they have been so piss poor is down to poor coaching and confusion

Johnson was guilty of it and so was his assistant and therenin lays the problem we appointed his assistant and expected a different result,

Our poor performances were 50% poor tactics 30% confidence and 20% players 

Very happy with this result as a response, but really does only make me wonder quite how wrong had things gone behind the scenes?

Why were the players performing so far below their ability level? They've shown this evening that they can be a relatively OK championship side.

What I have been led to believe is that DH was 'the enforcer' when LJ was manager here.

That is, he would be the one to drill them and get them working their nuts off physically in each session whilst LJ did the actual footballing coaching.

It makes me wonder if DH had no tactical ability at all, and just tried flogging our players into the ground in the hope it would result in points on the board.

That might also explain our injury crisis, if he was running the players until they could physically go no further.

And also may explain why the players looked mentally bereft of ideas on the pitch also.

All speculation on my part, and hopefully NP can address all that has gone wrong behind the scenes and steady the ship for the remainder of the season.

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Football is a simple game,

Take us until tonight, how often had we played kalas at lcb how often had we played fam and Wells in the centre

How often had we played nagy and bakinson together which provided much need cover and energy,

The players are prob the most talented we've ever had, the reason they have been so piss poor is down to poor coaching and confusion

Johnson was guilty of it and so was his assistant and therenin lays the problem we appointed his assistant and expected a different result,

Our poor performances were 50% poor tactics 30% confidence and 20% players 

Football is a simple game.But apparently it is not so simple that our team of professional footballers,were able to win so much as a corner for how long?Perhaps the coaches forgot to tell them which direction they have to run with the ball?

1 minute ago, Slacker said:

Football is a simple game.But apparently it is not so simple that our team of professional footballers,were able to win so much as a corner for how long?Perhaps the coaches forgot to tell them which direction they have to run with the ball?

Down to poor tactics and playing out of position,

Not knowing what you do, if I asked you to fill in for me at work for a day, you'd have no clue what to do and would perform poorly

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Down to poor tactics and playing out of position,

Not knowing what you do, if I asked you to fill in for me at work for a day, you'd have no clue what to do and would perform poorly

With respect, I think that is a poor analogy.If I was a professional foot baller,and I was asked to play in a different position, if I had the ball at my feet,I would still know which direction to run in.I agree that the coaching has probably been the main problem, but these are still people that have spent many years playing football.

49 minutes ago, grifty said:

For a start, Kalas playing LCB to give support to Towler, Vyner back in defence, Nagy, Bakinson & Palmer the 3 in midfield, Wells and Fam playing central.

NOT Kalas playing centre with Moore LCB and Mariappa LWB, No Vyner, Lansbury in midfield, no Wells at LW.

We play players where they are supposed to play and magically, we play better.

Round Pegs in Round Holes...............Voila!!

2 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, a great result but we lost control of the game after the third goal. Didn't manage another shot and let them put the pressure on. Watmore spooned one over, they took some other poor shots.

Blitzing the first 30 minutes then defending is one way to skin a cat, but I still see a lot of room for improvement. We had 6 out of 6 shots on target...but we still only took 6 shots in the whole 90 minutes. They had 17.

We could have gone in a the break 5-1 up ,fantastic first half second half you knew we were up against it but we coped well , unlucky with their goal and no saves for bents job done 

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

The midfield made all the difference, mobile and passing well, contrast that to having Lansbury and Vyner in midfield!  Really poor selection by Simpson. Think it's only the 2nd time this season Bakinson has started with Nagy.

EE1780F7-909D-4E2D-8E37-27E78F802C94.jpeg

On the Government’s website:

“ In addition to the school measures announced by Mr Johnson,  the Prime Minister has confirmed that the restrictions that stopped Bristol City players leaving their own half will be relaxed. From this week, the PM continued, City's midfield and defence will no longer have to maintain a 15 yard social distance from its attack; City defenders will be allowed to tackle opponents who are likely to score; and City attackers will be allowed to visit opponents goal mouth and may bring a ball with them."

?

Archived