IGNORED

50 for Fam

Gazred

Take a bow big man ? You join a relatively exclusive club.

He may divide opinion, myself included on a game by game basis at times, but i think he has been value for money.

Whatever lays ahead for him, he's been consistent for us during his time here.

Perhaps he stays under Pearson?

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

Put in one hell of a shift. Took his goals so well and hit another well that the keeper saved. 

I am really interested to see what Pearson plans to do up top.

I'm hoping if NP wants him, he'll stay.

The consistency of work/goal rate should put him in good favour with the new boss. Perhaps Pearson can convince both him and the board to reach a deal.

Don't see any reason why he wouldn't fit into a NP side.

Just now, JonDolman said:

Yeah I'm interested to see how he does for Pearson. I have not liked him and Wells together in how they link up. But it might just be they needed an attacking midfielder linking play. Which we never really had under Holden much as Weimann often started in deeper positions, not taking the ball close to the front 2 like Palmer was tonight.

Fair to say our platform for forward play this season has been near to non existent,we do have the talent up top. That's 10 i think so far for him this season. On course for his usual 14-15, no matter who you play him with and he's had a few.

Never really understood the negatively regarding Fam. He scores goals and is often seen in the heart of our defence. What more do people want from him. Seems we have the hates up because he seems to be running his contract down. Is he? Is anyone 100% sure? Have we offered him a lucrative extension ? Problem is we really don't know despite all those on here (substantially ITK as they would like us to believe)who profess that they do.

A lot wouldn’t have let him anywhere near 50 sadly and even tonight some wanted him off after 5 minutes. 

He’s been good if not amazing for us. Hopefully a good end to the season and he might re-sign. 

Well done Fam - don’t think you will ever change mind of some but for me he consistently will get you around 1 in 3 which is a reasonable return.

5 minutes ago, Polly said:

Most of them were in League One, weren't they?

Yeh I reckon around 75% at least at league one? 

43 minutes ago, 189thoughts said:

I'm hoping he can get a couple more before he goes in the summer. Bizarre how few of that list have played for us since 2000.

Not bizarre at all. Football has totally changed, one good season and you're off to the next level. Fam has reached 50 due to being above average, not excellent.

12 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Allison's would all have been at this level I think?

13 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Allison's would all have been at this level I think?

Good shout: it could be Wayner.

Seem to recall a lot of fans not rating him either...

32 minutes ago, Polly said:

Sorry for repeat post (from match thread), but who was the last City player to score 50 goals at this level or above?

One answer to your question would be Tammy. As in "who was the last player to play for City, and who has scored 50+ at Championship level or above".

Specifically though I wouldn't be sure without really diving into the stats and history books.

You could cross-reference this:

1920px-BristolCityFC_League_Performance.svg.png

With the list of 50+ scorers to get some idea though. Anyone scoring their goals in the period 2007 - 2013, 1991 - 1995, or 1965 - 1981 would be considered.

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

One answer to your question would be Tammy. As in "who was the last player to play for City, and who has scored 50+ at Championship level or above".

Specifically though I wouldn't be sure without really diving into the stats and history books.

You could cross-reference this:

1920px-BristolCityFC_League_Performance.svg.png

With the list of 50+ scorers to get some idea though. Anyone scoring their goals in the period 2007 - 2013, 1991 - 1995, or 1965 - 1981 would be considered.

I'm just counting goals for City.

Nice graphs! Hopefully someone else will do the cross-referencing...

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

First player to hit that landmark since Scotty Murray, higher total than Maynard, Baldock, Wilbs and many others. 

Not sure where you are going with those comparisons - you aren’t comparing like for like -  Baldock for example scored 36 goals for us in around 90 games - Fammy got his 50 for us in around 160 games ... if Baldock had stayed with us for another 70 games (to equal Fammy’s appearances) do you think he’d have scored another 14 goals or more (to equal Fammy’s total)?

i certainly do and I know which striker I think is better ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure where you are going with those comparisons - you aren’t comparing like for like -  Baldock for example scored 36 goals for us in around 90 games - Fammy got his 50 for us in around 160 games ... if Baldock had stayed with us for another 70 games (to equal Fammy’s appearances) do you think he’d have scored another 14 goals or more (to equal Fammy’s total)?

Didn’t most of Baldocks goals for us come in League One? I believe he got about 10 a season in championship. 

For me I would comfortably go with Fammy over Baldock. 

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Diedhiou, 48 goals in Championship in 134 games. 

Sam Baldock, 43 goals in Championship in 181 games. 

Just to add Baldock has played in 2 promoted teams for the Championship too, so better team mates and likely more chances. 

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Didn’t most of Baldocks goals for us come in League One? I believe he got about 10 a season in championship. 

For me I would comfortably go with Fammy over Baldock. 

Baldock only played one season for us in the championship and he scored 10 goals in 34 games in a team that finished bottom and was relegated out of sight ... in that side, 10 goals was a miraculous return ... yet you laud Fammy for scoring barely more than that per season for a side that was not threatened by relegation at all - don’t get me wrong, I have never really rated Fammy as a striker - but I will never fault his commitment and endeavour - just his all round ability.

But pound for pound I think Baldock was the better player - he played in the championship and the premier league for eight seasons - Fammy has only played in the championship in this country for four seasons - they both score about 1 goal every 3 games at this level - but Baldock has maintained that return whilst performing at that level for four seasons longer than Fammy ...

Archived