IGNORED

50 for Fam

Gazred

Just now, BS4 on Tour... said:

Baldock only played one season for us in the championship and he scored 10 goals in 34 games in a team that finished bottom and was relegated out of sight ... in that side, 10 goals was a miraculous return ... yet you laud Fammy for scoring barely more than that per season for a side that was not threatened by relegation at all - don’t get me wrong, I have never really rated Fammy as a striker - but I will never fault his commitment and endeavour - just his all round ability.

But pound for pound I think Baldock was the better player - he played in the championship and the premier league for eight seasons - Fammy has only played in the championship in this country for four seasons - they both score about 1 goal every 3 games at this level - but Baldock has maintained that return whilst performing at that level for four seasons longer than Fammy ...

In fairness that season he got relegated - 10 goals was a reasonable return although defensive issues were more the problem. If you are talking 16/17 Baldock then even then he scored around 1 in 3 for a team going up in 2nd - I would say perhaps he should be doing better for a team coming 2nd. He hasn’t even scored this season despite 19 appearances and only 6 goals the whole of last when he played a fair bit. I would be pretty confident that Fammy will still be scoring and playing at this level at 31. But guess will have to wait and see...

Not really sure what Baldock playing in prem has to do with it - he didn’t certainly nothing when he was in the prem (did he even play?!). A lot of the 8 seasons he has played in PL or championship he has not impressed whereas Fammy consistently does it. Will be good to see him and Wells like tonight more often - not with Wells on the wing.

Dont get me wrong, Fammy is just good not amazing. But yeh I think he definitely adds more than Baldock - in terms of both goals, goals that win games (which have been a lot this season in particular), and all round contribution (defending corners etc). Remember that for the vast majority of games Fammy has been stuck up top on his own and been feeding off scraps for the last 3 years as we haven’t created much post Wolves home. I did like Baldock, especially in L1 and he worked hard but yeh I wouldn’t be picking him ahead of Fammy.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Baldock only played one season for us in the championship and he scored 10 goals in 34 games in a team that finished bottom and was relegated out of sight ... in that side, 10 goals was a miraculous return ... yet you laud Fammy for scoring barely more than that per season for a side that was not threatened by relegation at all - don’t get me wrong, I have never really rated Fammy as a striker - but I will never fault his commitment and endeavour - just his all round ability.

But pound for pound I think Baldock was the better player - he played in the championship and the premier league for eight seasons - Fammy has only played in the championship in this country for four seasons - they both score about 1 goal every 3 games at this level - but Baldock has maintained that return whilst performing at that level for four seasons longer than Fammy ...

Baldock scored 4 pens (all down the middle iirc) & of course, they all count but only 6 from open play that season. If Fam was on Pens every time we got one in the last few season he'd have a few more. Only had 2 so far this season and Wells has took both.

13 hours ago, Gazred said:

Take a bow big man ? You join a relatively exclusive club.

He may divide opinion, myself included on a game by game basis at times, but i think he has been value for money.

Whatever lays ahead for him, he's been consistent for us during his time here.

Perhaps he stays under Pearson?

If Pearson and co could just improve his first touch he would be a world beater

Does anyone else feel the same as me. Before the transfer deadline when there was a lot of speculation on a possible move for Fam to Middlesborough, he was on fire. Last night playing against the club that may well sign him on a free at the end of the season, he rediscovered his form. Was this a coincidence, I will watch with interest his next few games, perhaps I am being oversuspicious.

15 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Crikey, don't let you-know-who see this, he'll have a bowl movement...

If Big Nige's first action was a complete proof-read and revamp of the OS I'd be delighted. We've got enough injured players that they could each proof-read a few pages and improve the OS no-end in just a week.

Nigel has his own very good website https://www.nigelpearson.net/ and if we could get ours up to a similar standard it would be excellent.

7 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Baldock scored 4 pens (all down the middle iirc) & of course, they all count but only 6 from open play that season. If Fam was on Pens every time we got one in the last few season he'd have a few more. Only had 2 so far this season and Wells has took both.

We don't get many penalties full stop I notice (in the League).

Granted this and last season we havent created much so that figures but according to a site, we've been towards the bottom for a while now, in terms of penalties awarded.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

I just knew he was going to choose the QPR header as his top goal. Loves a right wing cross that guy.

Fulham is number one for me. He starts it by fighting for the ball, does a lovely turn and pass later on in the move, then just taps it in. But I love team goals more than thunderbastards or flying headers. All 5 are quality though.

On 24/02/2021 at 11:51, John Galley said:

Does anyone else feel the same as me. Before the transfer deadline when there was a lot of speculation on a possible move for Fam to Middlesborough, he was on fire. Last night playing against the club that may well sign him on a free at the end of the season, he rediscovered his form. Was this a coincidence, I will watch with interest his next few games, perhaps I am being oversuspicious.

I've always been a big fan of Famara, but this did occur to me.

Archived