IGNORED

We now have our Pat Lam equivalent ...

headhunter

For months City fans have been bemoaning the fact that Bears success is due to the fact that Steve Lansdown hired a coach with a track record of success. In appointing Dean Holden in the summer City had  ...... well, the less said the better, hindsight is a wonderful thing. In Nigel Pearson we have our Lam

In this recording of last night's live podcast we celebrate a City win in what was a game of two halves. The first showed what City are capable of and how effective Nahki Wells can be played in the correct position, the second perhaps why we have tumbled down the league table and giving some idea to the watching Pearson of what he needs to do when he gets out on the training ground.

There were some great performances on the night but needing to now win 11 out of 14 to get that 6th position being too much of a big ask the planning for next season can get underway now.

We praise the board for this bold appointment which we reckon is down to Steve Lansdown although I'm sure Mark Ashton will want to take the plaudits at today's unveiling!

https://foreverbristolcity.podbean.com/e/we-now-have-our-pat-lam-equivalent/

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Comparing NP to Pat Lam is like comparing a Range Rover to a Rolls Royce.

SL said in a recent interview that Pat Lam is the rugby equivalent of Pep Guardiola - the best there is in other words.

NP is the best we could appoint atm though so perhaps the comparison is valid. 

11 minutes ago, One Team said:

I don’t normally listen but as this goes out live straight after it really works as like a ‘radio’ format. Quite different from OSIB and BS3 Talk, I really liked it. 

Appreciate the positive feedback and you're right about the format. Me + 5 [Mark, Ian, Lezz, DaveFevs & Tays] was a bit of a handful last night in terms of making sure they all had their share of voice. Doing it live gives it an edge and, as you say, its different from the others but there is room in the market for all of us! 

6 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Appreciate the positive feedback and you're right about the format. Me + 5 [Mark, Ian, Lezz, DaveFevs & Tays] was a bit of a handful last night in terms of making sure they all had their share of voice. Doing it live gives it an edge and, as you say, its different from the others but there is room in the market for all of us! 

Is Tays on OTIB?  If you are, announce yourself....I think I might know who you are?

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

In Nigel Pearson we have our Lam

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Comparing NP to Pat Lam is like comparing a Range Rover to a Rolls Royce.

SL said in a recent interview that Pat Lam is the rugby equivalent of Pep Guardiola - the best there is in other words.

Agree with both. Pearson's appointment is probably at the top of the level we could have expected as Bristol City. Lam was at the top of the level Bristol could have expected. 

Lam was allowed to shape the entire Bristol playing operation. Hopefully Pearson will be afforded the same courtesy in the summer. 

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere but is Pearson going to report into Ashton?

I don't think that has been made clear yet. I guess there will be an ultimate reporting line but hopefully Ashton's empire will be dismantled to allow him to focus more on what he's good at rather than where we currently are. That's if he (Ashton) stays. 

Really enjoy the post match live format and it’s well hosted by @headhunter
One of life’s great pleasures is dissecting the game with mates and a pint (or more) post match, and the live pod kinda creates that vibe.
Good contributors too, all add something. 

Been listening to OTIB a while now- it’s defo good to have both to tune into. 

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

For months City fans have been bemoaning the fact that Bears success is due to the fact that Steve Lansdown hired a coach with a track record of success. In appointing Dean Holden in the summer City had  ...... well, the less said the better, hindsight is a wonderful thing. In Nigel Pearson we have our Lam

In this recording of last night's live podcast we celebrate a City win in what was a game of two halves. The first showed what City are capable of and how effective Nahki Wells can be played in the correct position, the second perhaps why we have tumbled down the league table and giving some idea to the watching Pearson of what he needs to do when he gets out on the training ground.

There were some great performances on the night but needing to now win 11 out of 14 to get that 6th position being too much of a big ask the planning for next season can get underway now.

We praise the board for this bold appointment which we reckon is down to Steve Lansdown although I'm sure Mark Ashton will want to take the plaudits at today's unveiling!

Really enjoy the podcast, much better now the sound issues has been sorted. Missed the beginning last night so listened in full this morning.

Still waiting for Ian to answer whether Paul and Keith should stay on as coaches…:city::trumpet:

Archived