Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Celtic Vacancy

Whoever takes it, will only end up being replaced by Lennon in 12-18 months time anyway. He'll replace his replacement.....again.....

On a serious note, wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Lampard up there. It's worked for Rangers....

19 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Howe's isn't it? We're going to fear every half decent clubs vacancies now we've got Pearson aren't we 🤣

I don't think Pearson is high profile enough for Celtic. Howe would be.

I think Pearson, although we are delighted with him, has some baggage and a record that fans of clubs like Celtic (and most Prem clubs) would see as patchy. 

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Whoever takes it, will only end up being replaced by Lennon in 12-18 months time anyway. He'll replace his replacement.....again.....

On a serious note, wouldn't be surprised if they tried to get Lampard up there. It's worked for Rangers....

Which would then beg the question - how do you fit Lampard and Gerrard into the same city?

• Like 4
  • Haha 11
9 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Which would then beg the question - how do you fit Lampard and Gerrard into the same city?

As it's impossible for Lampard and Gerrard to play together, it would end the Old Firm derby.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't think Pearson is high profile enough for Celtic. Howe would be.

I think Pearson, although we are delighted with him, has some baggage and a record that fans of clubs like Celtic (and most Prem clubs) would see as patchy. 

Works for me! 

1 hour ago, walnutroof said:

Might be a few West Ham fans worried about the Moyes contract situation 

Good shout. He has worked wonders there, rebuilding his reputation. But after the ManUre débâcle, would he want such a high profile, high pressure job?

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Howe's isn't it? We're going to fear every half decent clubs vacancies now we've got Pearson aren't we 🤣

Think he's set on trying to wait for a premier league job to open, long linked with Palace should Hodgson leave in the summer. I agree with the suggestion of Lampard, not quite sure a PL club will take him, success at Celtic would then push him back towards a mid PL club if/when he made the journey south again

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

As it's impossible for Lampard and Gerrard to play together, it would end the Old Firm derby.

Scholes then takes over at Aberdeen shunted out of the limelight by the other two

1 hour ago, SecretSam said:

Good shout. He has worked wonders there, rebuilding his reputation. But after the ManUre débâcle, would he want such a high profile, high pressure job?

Is Celtic really a high pressure job?

1 hour ago, Lrrr said:

Scholes then takes over at Aberdeen shunted out of the limelight by the other two

...and turns out to be better than both of them, put together

22 minutes ago, Super said:

Is Celtic really a high pressure job?

Are you serious?!?!?!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

...and turns out to be better than both of them, put together

Are you serious?!?!?!

It's a nothing league where you will finish 1st or 2nd. 

12 minutes ago, Super said:

It's a nothing league where you will finish 1st or 2nd. 

For Celtic 2nd is failure and big time so yes there is pressure there, its all or nothing, no 'we did alright this year'

Just now, Lrrr said:

For Celtic 2nd is failure and big time so yes there is pressure there, its all or nothing, no 'we did alright this year'

It's not a big job these days though. 

1 minute ago, Hampshire Red said:

Try for Benitez, end up with Lampard is my guess

Benitez could be a good shout, I Don’t think Frank with a new addition to the family on the way would be actively looking until next season.
Also I think Frank has eyes on the Crystal Palace job should a vanancy arise ( though he’d have to fight it out with Eddie Howe.

Always interesting to see who takes over at the old firm. Despite the dogs standard league they play in, they are both in the biggest 10 clubs in the UK and you could make a decent argument that Celtic is top 5. 

I think Celtic are due a re-build after years of going solo. Young up and comer for me. Jack Ross