IGNORED

Today's press conference

RedJim

Just now, ben91tucker said:

Not sure if he looks like the sort of bloke who will be bouncing around the ground mind

I think that if we got promoted he might allow himself a single bounce at the final whistle of the final game. None of this multiple-bounces when we're 1-0 up after 40 minutes though.

3 minutes ago, spudski said:

Interesting that he states that he agrees with the club's ethos of how they want to go about trying to achieve promotion.

I'd love a journalist to ask him, what he understands as the club's ethos.

That way there can be no confusion in the future if it goes Pete tong. 

It might also go against the grain how so many on here  view MA as the enemy when in fact NP had stated you are all one team...exactly as LJ & DH were with MA. That’s how he likes to work.  

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. I do too. There are two ways of reading his statement tho. I interpreted it a different way. 

but I read 0,4,3,6,3,1,3,2,2,3,3,3,2,1,3,4,1,4,5,0,4,2,2,4,1,2,1,1,1. 

Ahhh, that makes sense now. 
more shots on target in 37 minutes last night than shots on target in 90 minutes over the past 30 games.

Well done clouseau

Full transcript..

I was pleasantly surprised about being asked to have a conversation to take the job. It felt a positive move to make. I was pleased we could speak frankly about what was needed in the immediate future. I see this as a good club and I like the ethos on how the club is structured. The infrastructure is geared towards a positive future. We have to make that happen. there's lots of good things coming for the club. I felt this was a real stimulus for me from the initial conversations.

That's a topic that doesn't really matter to me [last night's win]. The important thing was to change out fortunes. The preparation was good from the coaching staff. We needed a good team performance first of all - and that's what we saw last night. A good tenacious team performance. We allowed our pace on the counter-attack to come to the fore. The most important thing was a positive performance and I felt we had that. We had to show a bit of resilience and to score three goals in the first half was possibly a relief for the players. Some players will naturally take plaudits. For me I look at it as a collective effort.

For you or for me [important job title]? We sat down - Jon, Steve, Mark and me - and we said we needed some leadership. Is a job title important? I would still try to manage if I was a head coach. How I work it is that I like to be part of a team. It's important to get stability and direction.

I'd like to [stay longer] - I'd like to be here longer but as Steve said it's an opportunity to have a look at each other. I fully understand the situation. I heard Neil Warnock speaking in his pre-match press conference about short-term contracts... We came to a decision very carefully and I'm happy in my skin and I'm happy to fulfil my obligations. It's not something I'm concerned about. I take the job on thinking that potentially it will be longer. But myself and the staff have to stabilise the situation first.

I was asked the question if I was okay - and I wouldn't put myself in a position if I couldn't do the job the way I want. I like to be visible and work hard. There were opportunities for me last November but I didn't feel it was the right time for me. In short: I'm alright.

We and Joey exchanged a few messages. I have a lot of time and respect for him. He's a very intelligent man actually. It's part and parcel [social media] of the modern world. I'm not a dinosaur. I'm overwhelmed by a lot of the messages I've received. That type of thing matters to me. We're working in a time when supporters acan't come and see us and football needs to survive in its current form and we have to go through this and maybe social media is a way for supporters to keep involved.

I think he's a god appointment for Rovers. I don't know who would do the cooking [if they shared a flat]! I think he's got a bright future. People can have preconceived ideas but the reality can be different. I'd like to meet him when we can. There's an element of humour here but we're both very aware we've got jobs to do that are not necessarily starightforward.

I think it's necessary to get some clarity of message and an impression of where we go from here. The specifics would be to stress it's for us to find solutions. Last night's performance suggested we have the capacity to turn thing around. But it was just one result. We have to build on that. It's vital that there is a clarity of message for the players. I always try and keep things simple. It really is making sure people understand their role in how we collectively move forward.

Yes [the long term future here excites] - I would imagine our fanbase doesn't want to hear the word potential too much. What we have is a really good foundation to make the next step and everybody's aspirations is to get out of the Championship. what I do identify with is the club's ethos on how they do that. What we have to do is finish the season with a positive message. The medium and long-term future is bright but having the infrastructure is one thing, doing it is another. I'm one for living in the moment. We have to be pragmatic at the moment. The club has so much going for it, we have a fantastic fanbase. Geographically we have the chance to have an identity of our own.

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Never really understood people saying who would want to come here. I think many managers would have wanted this opportunity.

The way we are run is the right way. I just can't see what else we can do when we don't have parachute payments.

Pearson will be backed in the summer. He will be allowed to bring in experienced players if that's what he wants. 

I'm hoping one of the things he said to Lansdown when discussing the job was sorting out the medical team, or whatever Pearson finds is a problem in causing so many long term injuries, if he can see something we get wrong of course.

I think the last few weeks have been a real wake up call for Lansdown - the fact he wants to be here long term is positive now the club need to back him and Lansdown must maintain this "new leaf" of his.

14 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Never really understood people saying who would want to come here. I think many managers would have wanted this opportunity.

The way we are run is the right way. I just can't see what else we can do when we don't have parachute payments.

Pearson will be backed in the summer. He will be allowed to bring in experienced players if that's what he wants. 

I'm hoping one of the things he said to Lansdown when discussing the job was sorting out the medical team, or whatever Pearson finds is a problem in causing so many long term injuries, if he can see something we get wrong of course.

The test will be the recruitment and the ‘process’ around that.  It doesn’t matter too much at the moment (although you would expect/hope conversations would be starting very very soon about targets) but will NP be happy with the clubs current set up if he does take it on full time.  Easy to be impressed with the infrastructure as you can most of it, but it’s the machinations of the club and whether Nige feels that he can work within that, that will have a far greater bearing over the next couple of months imho.   

43 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I think that if we got promoted he might allow himself a single bounce at the final whistle of the final game. None of this multiple-bounces when we're 1-0 up after 40 minutes though.

And with those forearms, if he swung a ball boy round after we score against a Premier league giant he’d launch them over the Dolman. 

Archived