IGNORED

Today's press conference

RedJim

God, how good is it to hear a straight talking, non clichéd, articulate and intelligent bloke in charge of our club. Couple of interesting points for me: ‘trying to build a picture of how to work within the existing culture’ and ‘team behind the team needs to be functioning well’. Hope that he is given the authority to make any changes necessary in both areas. Exciting times if so.......

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He does remind me of SOD!

Carefully thought-out answers and not a cliché in sight. 

I know it is the lowest of bars, but I thought he showed a bit more of a sense of humour.

I don’t think it is unreasonable to describe him as serious, but I was very impressed.

As you rightly say, thoughtful and at times lengthy answers without any need to trot out the blindingly obvious.

Of course if you are a lifer like me (& I’m exactly the same age to the month as Pearson) it is easy to think this is too good to be true, but this just feels like the appointment we should have made so many times before, post GJ.

1 hour ago, DT The Optimist said:

It might also go against the grain how so many on here  view MA as the enemy when in fact NP had stated you are all one team...exactly as LJ & DH were with MA. That’s how he likes to work.  

Time will tell when it comes to recruitment and money available I feel...and if we sell someone like Bentley or Kalas, and replace them with say Max and Moore....and say we still expect top 6. 

All for having harmony...

On the other hand...if a good coach does get us into the top 6 with our approach and what we have, then we will know our system is ok,band it's down to good coaching.

However...if after having good coaches...and we find ourselves just bobbing about in mid table, then they'll know the system may have to be tweaked.

It needs all the stars to line up...good system, good recruitment, good coaching, a method of playing, luck and less injuries.

I've seen another interview with him (long before joining us) where he says he often switches his phone off when not at training/matches/etc to ensure he clears his head and has down time. How will that work compared to our previous managers who have both said they speak to MA 5 times a day?

Could it be the fact that NP is experienced (more so than anyone at the club) means MA can back off and not feel he has to call his manager 5 times a day? Or will MA be going crazy that he only gets through to voicemail?

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

To a classic Cure tune:

I don't care if he's worn blue
Or played for Sheffield Wednesday too
Ashton, I don't care about you
It's Pearson, I'm in love
Holden watched it fall apart
No shots or corners broke my heart
We go again, a brand new start
It's Pearson, I'm in love

It's rare that we see re-written lyrics that are amusing, make sense, actually scan and fit the tune. I doff my cap.

A proper manager, just what this club has been crying out for, for years.

I’m still pinching myself, can’t believe he is actually here.

Judging from that interview he isn’t going anywhere soon and seems to want to be here for the forseeable

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He does remind me of SOD!

Carefully thought-out answers and not a cliché in sight. 

How to burst my bubble in one sentence. I have been going since the early eighties. And I honestly say that during his time I fell out of love with the experience of going. 

I understand he had constraints but apart from the night against the gas I never found the football so boring. 

Archived