IGNORED

Today's press conference

RedJim

Have only listened to snippets of the interviews so far, not had time tonight. Have a load of health and safety stuff to do tomorrow at work so I'll listen to them in full then.

From what I've heard and read, this is exactly the sort of appointment we've needed since Cotterill was shown the door. Just imagine (it wouldn't have happened then granted) if we had given Steve the boot, and replaced him with Nige.

I'd bet my house that we would have been in the Prem within 2 seasons tops, and wouldn't have had to break up the promotion winning team so much, so quickly. Also wouldn't have had the waffle from Lee either....

It's just nice to hear someone that is not only speaking as if he has been here for weeks/months (us, we), bit also wants to be here for the foreseeable, and has every intention of building something for the longterm.

Changes aren't going to happen overnight, however you would hope that when someone like Pearson who has been there and done it makes a recommendation for changing something off the pitch, the board/owners listen and act.

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

That doesn’t sound too safe!

It's online questionnaires from our Local Authority, annual tick box exercise which involves finding dates of services/inspections, and filling in to send back to them. 

Some examples of usual questions:

- Has the establishment carried out a recent fire evacuation drill? Date?

- Has the establishment carried out any recent building renovations?

- Date of the last Legionella Risk Assessment.

Lots of searching through files and finding dates.

Need something to keep me going :laugh:

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

Henry the 8th, Churchill, Botham - Oh god the lefties on the politics side won't like that ? 

Good list of heroes that

Firstly, it wasn't a list of heroes, it was BN's answers to the question 'who would you most like to have dinner with?.  

He said he wanted to ask Henry VIII about his marriage problems.  

But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way of reinforcing your nonsense.

Just watched that half hour Interview with us, very encouraging stuff. Youth Development, Infrastructure, fanbase, potential- all that.

Good that he noted that there were areas for improvement as well as positives from Tuesday, that everyone has a clean slate basically- lot of positives to take from that first Interview.

Having taken a few minutes out to watch yesterday’s club video, I’ve got to say that was an absolute masterclass from Pearson.

Superb. Low on froth, high on substance. 

A week is a long time in football. Down and out this time last week, now full of genuine optimism for the future.

Steve, you’ve played a blinder here. Bravo. 

10 hours ago, Taz said:

Have only listened to snippets of the interviews so far, not had time tonight. Have a load of health and safety stuff to do tomorrow at work so I'll listen to them in full then.

From what I've heard and read, this is exactly the sort of appointment we've needed since Cotterill was shown the door. Just imagine (it wouldn't have happened then granted) if we had given Steve the boot, and replaced him with Nige.

I'd bet my house that we would have been in the Prem within 2 seasons tops, and wouldn't have had to break up the promotion winning team so much, so quickly. Also wouldn't have had the waffle from Lee either....

It's just nice to hear someone that is not only speaking as if he has been here for weeks/months (us, we), bit also wants to be here for the foreseeable, and has every intention of building something for the longterm.

Changes aren't going to happen overnight, however you would hope that when someone like Pearson who has been there and done it makes a recommendation for changing something off the pitch, the board/owners listen and act.

Listen to the jailbirds comments over at the methanarium for how not to do it. 'They' this 'they' that. The only time he uses 'we' was when talking about Fleetwood.

Once again, City do things with class which Nigel most certainly has.

I'm genuinely excited by his appointment and his media savvy conduct thus far, really good. 

Well done SL. 

56 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Listen to the jailbirds comments over at the methanarium for how not to do it. 'They' this 'they' that. The only time he uses 'we' was when talking about Fleetwood.

Once again, City do things with class which Nigel most certainly has.

I'm genuinely excited by his appointment and his media savvy conduct thus far, really good. 

Well done SL. 

Honestly can't bring myself to listen to that idiot speaking about the bunch of idiots that have employed him!

Having listened to 2 of the NP interviews this morning, much the same as my first initial thoughts from the snippets I had heard before - committed, intelligent, gives the impression that there is a thought process behind every decision he makes, wants to build longterm and happy to give everyone a "clean slate".

Breath of fresh air, and I see no reason why, given the right amount of time, resources and allowing his ideas to be implemented at the club (and there will be a few), why we won't be able to push for the top of this league at the very least.

I don't want to say that if "Nige" can't do it then nobody will be able to, but it does feel like this is THE appointment that will push the club onto the next level.

So long as Pearson and the board, at all levels, can work together, this really does have the potential to finally see this club join the list of clubs that have been promoted to the Premiership.

Archived