IGNORED

MA ignored

Wolf Island

1 minute ago, Hare Island said:

From GMcG “the new manager sat close to CEO Mark Ashton in the Riverside Stands, the body language between the pair an interesting watch too (as the club chief was sometimes ignored).”

Anyone see what was going on?

It was impossible to tell whether they were chatting as they both had masks on. Pearson was mainly sat back with his legs crossed and Ashton was turned slightly towards Pearson from what I saw.

From what I saw (Only being a handful of 4-5 second seciond clips from the stream) it appears NP was more interested in watching the team play (Leaning forward) I don't think there's anything to make from this as it's only natural NP would be more interested in the team playing.

I don't really think this is an example of anything to come. 

1 minute ago, hantsred said:

Initially I thought this but towards the end of the game they seemed more animated and deep in conversation. Difficult to read too much into the situation with social distancing and the masks.

Exactly how I seen it. 

I think GMcG may be being a bit naughty there. 

For all of our dislike of MA, Nigel Pearson would have no reason to disrespect one of the board and someone he potentially needs to work with. NP has only been at the club 5 minutes. 

Now we've got a solid manager with a strong reputation let's focus on the remaining games and see what we can get from them. 

The challenge of where we go after that can wait a while. 

6 minutes ago, !james said:

15-16 secs and 1:10-1:11.

Absolutely nothing in it. Just journo nonsense. Shows Pearson watching the game in the first clip and Ashton talking to him, and them both talking in the second clip.

Love Tinnion’s “Bang, get in!”

8 minutes ago, !james said:

15-16 secs and 1:10-1:11.

Absolutely nothing in it. Just journo nonsense. Shows Pearson watching the game in the first clip and Ashton talking to him, and them both talking in the second clip.

only thing i noticed was pearson don't wear his mask over his nose.

Well if there's going to be any friction between the two, I know which one I'd ask SL to back. 

Suits versus Boots: 0 - 1 every time for me as a priority, but especially with NP, who it seems from previous experience, doesn't welcome direct interference from non-footballing staff.

That said, lazy journalism from Gregor on this one, on what was an excellent night for us.

9 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

only thing i noticed was pearson don't wear his mask over his nose.

That’s what I noticed as well. Not going to tell him though! Personally I’d far rather both of them watched the match than seat chatting to each other. Gregor with a bit of click bait I think. 

I think the relationship between manager and CEO could blossom in NP is given the job for next season. Pearson has the respect within the game and will probably not accept having players he doesn't want.

If NP is sorting out identifying that will leave Mark Ashton to do what he does best, negotiations. 

7 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Got to say ... was that Nagy with an absolute peach of a cross? 

Bravo. Superb.

Yeah , the best cross I’ve seen from a City player for many a year.

Curved away from their keeper and just demanded to be headed in.

Nagy was my MOTM last night , although there were quite a lot of candidates for it , he glued it all together.

1 minute ago, citymum said:

That’s what I noticed as well. Not going to tell him though! Personally I’d far rather both of them watched the match than seat chatting to each other. Gregor with a bit of click bait I think. 

he's already had covid, so don't know if that makes a difference

At one moment during the game it did look as if Nige was ignoring MA but then five minutes later they were really chummy. NP was probably trying to concentrate, felt like he was working. MA was being friendly. A bit difficult dynamic 

Archived