IGNORED

MA ignored

Wolf Island

40 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

he's already had covid, so don't know if that makes a difference

At one moment during the game it did look as if Nige was ignoring MA but then five minutes later they were really chummy. NP was probably trying to concentrate, felt like he was working. MA was being friendly. A bit difficult dynamic 

My worry is that they have promised NP there will be no interference from above in the changing room, when everyone knows MA and SL cant keep their noses out. 

Football in the top two divisions has proved to be very very unpredictable that even the soccer genius on this forum will fail to hve predicted. It's also been odd in Spain so i think anything could happen with NP although i know what i really want; the potential is enormous and as other posters have stated MA has many qualities and has proved a great negotiator and has contacts throughout the English game. We all know NP has proven qualities so if the owner can fit these two together to work to their strenghts, ST sales for next season could fill the stadium.

Amazing how much better the world looks now than on Sunday; Boris opening the country up in June, NP walking into BS3, another defeat for Warnock and everyone on here looking at the teams above, rather than the teams below. Get IN!

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

It was impossible to tell whether they were chatting as they both had masks on. Pearson was mainly sat back with his legs crossed and Ashton was turned slightly towards Pearson from what I saw.

From my point of view, NP was trying to concentrate on the game, nothing more than that.  I’m sure MA was trying to have a bit of chat.  As the win became more likely I suspect NP was happy to be more engaged.

Something in nothing for me, but you could construe however you want.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

From my point of view, NP was trying to concentrate on the game, nothing more than that.  I’m sure MA was trying to have a bit of chat.  As the win became more likely I suspect NP was happy to be more engaged.

Something in nothing for me, but you could construe however you want.

Yeah I agree, not sure @markcarter does though...

50 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Amazing how much better the world looks now than on Sunday; Boris opening the country up in June, NP walking into BS3, another defeat for Warnock and everyone on here looking at the teams above, rather than the teams below. Get IN!

You forgot to mention Barton's first match with the 15ers, which of course, ended in a 95th minute defeat ?

Sorry the appointment of Holden by Ashton and the rationale he provided in the interview last summer (after a protracted interview process) was taking us all for idiots. IMO his position is now untenable. 

Thanks to Stephen Lansdown we now have the best manager this club has arguably ever appointed. I think JL should be looking at cost savings and start with Ashton and his team. Perhaps Mark Taunton could cover both (with extra admin support) now we have Nige Pearson & Pat Lam. Ashton gets too much credit for negotiation skills, most people at that level have the required skills. 

City fans have been crying out for a first class manager for 6 years, now we have a manager who will unite the club, only Ashton could spoil that and I don't want us to risk Pearson leaving in May.

This appointment is great news, lets not get negative on here when we lose a game, it's going to take time. Thanks again to the Lansdown's.

5 minutes ago, irishreds said:

City fans have been crying out for a first class manager for 6 years, now we have a manager who will unite the club, only Ashton could spoil that and I don't want us to risk Pearson leaving in May.

This appointment is great news, lets not get negative on here when we lose a game, it's going to take time. Thanks again to the Lansdown's.

Far longer than that. More like 21 years.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Luke Werhun  , MA's right hand man Head of Football Operations (& fond of a Clark's Pie by the look of him)

Supporters' calls for Chris Hughton to be given Bristol City job grow after  defeat at Swansea City - Bristol Live

If that’s MA’s look after last night’s win, heaven knows how he’s looked over the last few weeks.

18 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Sorry the appointment of Holden by Ashton and the rationale he provided in the interview last summer (after a protracted interview process) was taking us all for idiots. IMO his position is now untenable. 

Thanks to Stephen Lansdown we now have the best manager this club has arguably ever appointed. I think JL should be looking at cost savings and start with Ashton and his team. Perhaps Mark Taunton could cover both (with extra admin support) now we have Nige Pearson & Pat Lam. Ashton gets too much credit for negotiation skills, most people at that level have the required skills. 

I'm tired of this sh*t.  Why is it always Ashton who appointed Holden and Lansdown who appointed Pearson?  Why is every bad decision blamed on Ashton?  Do you really think Ashton overruled Lansdown on Holden??

Please don't tell us when we can and cannot get negative when you post such complete rubbish yourself.

20 minutes ago, irishreds said:

Sorry but you do not have a clue if DH was down to MA.

I also do not believe for 1 minute it took that time to appoint DH, but more likely a set of circumstance accrued, be it change of plans, agreement falling through all sorts of scenario. DH was an easy low risk last minute appointment, to see us through the season. I suspect we will never know the truth, but once appointed, they had to line up behind him and make out he was the perfect choice, what else could they say. 

What we do now have his an excellent manager, that we know will stand up for how the football side of it is run and take control of it. MA needs someone in who can turn it around, as relegation would possible lead to his sacking as well, so has reason to work well with NP and continue to do a good job in other areas.

32 minutes ago, irishreds said:

I agree, MAs stunt (if indeed he's responsible) might have cost the club many multiples of his salary already. 

7 minutes ago, irishreds said:

I know this is the common/favourite narrative on OTIB - but we simply don’t know that.

I’m not defending MA - I’ve been critical - but it is equally possible that:

Last summer SL could have been presented with a few candidates by JL and MA who did the prep work, to make his final choice from.

The reason SL is taking the prominent role he is this time could equally be because he has seen the pelters JL and MA have been getting for his choice (Holden) and is taking responsibility for his choice by taking the heat off them.

Either stories are plausible - if you’re right though and Holden was MA’s choice - I expect to see changes this summer in MA’s role at the minimum, so we’ll see. 

What an absolute ridiculous comment. Sorry, but you dont imply something like that (based on a photo and zero fact) on day 2 of his new job. Come back 3 months time after they've had more interaction and then post something like that if there's truth in it.

Dirty journalism Daily Mail tactics like that isn't needed given all the problems we've had for so long.  Bit more professionalism please Gregor.

2 hours ago, David Brent said:

Gregor has put some good stuff out recently..and then he goes and does this.

Absolutely. While I like the guy he is prone to sticking stories up that he knows will get people clicking on the Post website, half the time based on what’s annoying people on here. So ‘slimy useless MA blanked by no nonsense Nige’ in this case.

35 minutes ago, red panda said:

I'm tired of this sh*t.  Why is it always Ashton who appointed Holden and Lansdown who appointed Pearson?  Why is every bad decision blamed on Ashton?  Do you really think Ashton overruled Lansdown on Holden??

Please don't tell us when we can and cannot get negative when you post such complete rubbish yourself.

Hang on hang on...Is this you Mark?

33 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I know this is the common/favourite narrative on OTIB - but we simply don’t know that.

I’m not defending MA - I’ve been critical - but it is equally possible that:

Last summer SL could have been presented with a few candidates by JL and MA who did the prep work, to make his final choice from.

The reason SL is taking the prominent role he is this time could equally be because he has seen the pelters JL and MA have been getting for his choice (Holden) and is taking responsibility for his choice by taking the heat off them.

Either stories are plausible - if you’re right though and Holden was MA’s choice - I expect to see changes this summer in MA’s role at the minimum, so we’ll see. 

Exactly this. To be honest, I've interpreted SL's media continued involvement this week, the strident defence of Ashton and Ashton's difficulty in coherently explaining Holden's appointment back in July as indicators that SL may have been keener on the idea of Holden than Ashton was. Obviously Ashton's job is to influence the board to make good decisions, and I think there are things around recruitment and the structure of the club that he deserves criticism for but I don't think we have any reason to believe Ashton was the prime mover behind Ashton's appointment.

Either way, however, it's obviously a positive SL has stepped up over the last week, moved quickly to rectify past errors and sanctioned an appointment that fans certainly can rally around and that seems to have lifted the players and coaches. 

52 minutes ago, red panda said:

ooooo Ashton, Ashton, Ashton, change the ****ing record! 

MURDER MURDER MURDER - YouTube

Archived