IGNORED

MA ignored

Wolf Island

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Cheap journo click bait. As if any conclusions can be drawn from two blokes socially distancing watching a footy game intently, whilst wearing face masks. Maybe they were blinking **** off at each via morse code

It was worse than that.......so bad I was expecting a Sky style apology from the Commentator.

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Gary johnson though he won't admit it

I wanted to say Johnson, but was he a "first class" manager when we appointed him? He stepped up into our role.

I mention Coppell has he obviously was a top manager at the time after his record at Palace and especially Reading. Added Cotterill because he'd been around the Championship when we appointed him, he was a big name for League 1 IMO.

Just now, MarcusX said:

I wanted to say Johnson, but was he a "first class" manager when we appointed him? He stepped up into our role.

I mention Coppell has he obviously was a top manager at the time after his record at Palace and especially Reading. Added Cotterill because he'd been around the Championship when we appointed him, he was a big name for League 1 IMO.

Yeah - I was really excited about Gary Johnson's appointment because of the job he'd done at Yeovil but he certainly wasn't a big name in the game. I'd agree that Coppell is the only other comparable choice. I've had friends who support other clubs text me who have taken an interest in the fact we appointed Pearson. With no disrespect to Johnson or Cotterill's actual achievements in the job, Coppell is the only other time I remember us making a managerial appointment that made fans of other teams sit up and take notice. 

53 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Strange place to count back to, Pulis?

Regardless in that time we had Coppell who was exactly that at the time, and arguably Cotterill too

‘ class manager’ - the last one we had was the man who took Barnsley to the PL.........:cool2: the man who like Big Nige had been there and done it.

No one else comes close imo.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

We were a different club back then, a first class manager of Pearson equivalent wouldn't give us a second thought,

You are judging past management appointments by 2021 standards,

In the same vain you could ask why we never appoint sir Alex before man u or Eddie howe before Bournemouth or shaun Dyche before Burnley,

It really isn't comparable,

In fact I'd go as far to say Danny Wilson was our last manager we appointed who had a higher profile then the club at that moment in time

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

‘ class manager’ - the last one we had was the man who took Barnsley to the PL.........:cool2: the man who like Big Nige had been there and done it.

I'll bite...

GJ (your favourite and maybe you were his favourite SC Chairman ? ) did great work here, as did Cotts however they didn't really have the pedigree and backstory.

Are you forgetting Coppell? Promoted twice to the PL, once to the First Division in pre 1992. A decorated manager indeed. Wilson would probably be next for background and especially as we were third tier at the time, but Coppell over Wilson surely??

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are you forgetting Coppell? Promoted twice to the PL, once to the First Division in pre 1992. A decorated manager indeed. Wilson would probably be next for background and especially as we were third tier at the time, but Coppell over Wilson surely??

How many City games was Coppell in charge of? I honestly can’t remember.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

How many City games was Coppell in charge of? I honestly can’t remember.

Depends how we measure it. Just the two and some friendlies.

In terms of greater profile at time of appointment before Pearson, Coppell and then Wilson within the last 20 years or so.

The fact that Coppell walked 2 games in is remarkable but the job either did for the club is perhaps separate to the calibre or past track prior to joining us.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Wilson was a big appointment but made prior to Lansdown. And in four years we acheived nothing apart from play off misery. 

Obviously Coppell was a big appointment. Regardless of how it went. And SoD was pretty well received too. 

Cotterill was not a popular appointment at all and look how that turned out. 

It's not easy. But tough to argue that Pearson isn't pretty much as good as we could hope to do. (Doesn't mean it will work out but you don't appoint manager in retrospect).

11 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

Wilson was a big appointment but made prior to Lansdown. And in four years we acheived nothing apart from play off misery. 

Obviously Coppell was a big appointment. Regardless of how it went. And SoD was pretty well received too. 

Cotterill was not a popular appointment at all and look how that turned out. 

It's not easy. But tough to argue that Pearson isn't pretty much as good as we could hope to do. (Doesn't mean it will work out but you don't appoint manager in retrospect).

Where we are now as a club absolutely he is the best we can realistically appoint,

The fact lower to mid prem sides would love him speaks volumes to him as a manager,

We also seem to be the right fit for him to, which goes to show the structure that is much maligned is in fact very important

great 33 min interview by NP. Clearly he likes MA as much as the vast majority of Bristol City fans (the few exceptions tend to live on here!)

And his compliments about the owner, JL and the players will resonate very well with all of us that love the City and are sick to death with the negativity often reflected to the tiny minority on here.

And yes..i did earlier omit to mention the joy of Joey ('s first outing)

And NP likes to focus on the positives of our current position ; lets hope the forum will go along these lines too and stop bashing the players and senior management of this great Club. If you lot dont do this, NP will be just behind you when you in a dark street!

What cheap sh1t stirring journalism? Not the best way to get NP onside is it, especially with his history, suggest Mc Face gets a grip and grows up...so tin pot.

And can we please stop going overboard just yet on NP, glad he's here but so fickle on here, witness the treatment the two coaches get, one day dumb and dumber the next hero status, toe curling stuff.

Archived