IGNORED

Could he be the Messiah?

Desso

Anyone else liken the Nigel Pearson love in on here to "The Life of Brian"? There is so much anticipation and expectation, and the feeling that he can do no wrong. Don't get me wrong, I feel the same way; we've been starved of good management for too long, so the hope and excitement is understandable. After all, what has the club ever done for us? ?

Hey guys n gals,

Leicester fan here, and all I can say is, you lucky ******* ?

NP is the best manager we have ever had (yes thats right!), he & Steve Walsh, rooted out the deadwood, and brought in top quality players on peanuts. He is too honest a manager at times, but you'll love him! He is famous for some odd comments and actions in his last season at Leicester, however he was under a huge amount of pressure as relegation loomed, before 7 wins from the last 9 games to finish 14th. 

When he first came to LCFC, we were proper doggo, but he signed players we had never heard of Alexander Tunchev anyone? But what a player! We romped the league and then went into the playoffs ahead of you guys if memory serves, to lose out to Cardiff in the playoff semis. 

He was forced out of the club by Lee Hoos went to Hull did quite well, then returned, and we again lost out in the Playoffs to Watford, but then spanked the league before he finished 14th in the Prem.

What a guy! Loved by Leicester fans, as he built the team that won the league, certainly the foundations. Fryatt, Nugent, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Morgan, Drinkwater, Knockeart,  Chris Wood, Andrej Kramaric, Huth, Albrighton, Fuchs, Okazaki, Ulloa, Simpson... to pick a few from memory were all signed under his leadership, and all played a big part in becoming the team we are today, or have gone on to be top players elsewhere. His recruitment was 9/10 on point.

I will be a closet Robbins fan while NP is raising your club, like he did ours, well done to whoever made this appointment for you ?

13 minutes ago, KilworthFox said:

Hey guys n gals,

NP is the best manager we have ever had (yes thats right!), he & Steve Walsh, rooted out the deadwood, and brought in top quality players on peanuts. He is too honest a manager at times, but you'll love him! He is famous for some odd comments and actions in his last season at Leicester, however he was under a huge amount of pressure as relegation loomed, before 7 wins from the last 9 games to finish 14th. 

When he first came to LCFC, we were proper doggo, but he signed players we had never heard of Alexander Tunchev anyone? But what a player! We romped the league and then went into the playoffs ahead of you guys if memory serves, to lose out to Cardiff in the playoff semis. 

He was forced out of the club by Lee Hoos went to Hull did quite well, then returned, and we again lost out in the Playoffs to Watford, but then spanked the league before he finished 14th in the Prem.

What a guy! Loved by Leicester fans, as he built the team that won the league, certainly the foundations. Fryatt, Nugent, Vardy, Mahrez, Kante, Morgan, Drinkwater, Knockeart,  Chris Wood, Andrej Kramaric, Huth, Albrighton, Fuchs, Okazaki, Ulloa, Simpson... to pick a few from memory were all signed under his leadership, and all played a big part in becoming the team we are today, or have gone on to be top players elsewhere. His recruitment was 9/10 on point.

I will be a closet Robbins fan while NP is raising your club, like he did ours, well done to whoever made this appointment for you ?

Thanks for your insight into what we can (hopefully) expect from Big Nige. 

It’s been the best part of 20 years we had a classy manager at City and I’m sure I speak for most if not City fans that we’re looking forward to seeing what he brings. 

You never know but he might become as successful here as he was at Leicester City. Let’s hope so.

There is a risk that one could get over-excited by any ‘breath of fresh air’ following the shite fest served up over the last four years by novice managers. 

However, the personality, experience and drive I see in this fellow has given me a right boner to be honest. 

Onwards and upwards, as they say. 

13 minutes ago, RedRock said:

There is a risk that one could get over-excited by any ‘breath of fresh air’ following the shite fest served up over the last four years by novice managers. 

However, the personality, experience and drive I see in this fellow has given me a right boner to be honest. 

Onwards and upwards, as they say. 

Need the ? for this post 

1 hour ago, KilworthFox said:

Hey guys n gals,

You pretty much sum up why the vast majority have a lot of faith in NP to make us a club that will be winners and get us to a place we all want to be 

He certainly has a way of putting together a good squad that competes and gets us playing and to be honest that is all we have ever asked for 

Hopefully NP can deliver that sooner rather than later 

At last a proper Manager in the driving seat!!

1 hour ago, KilworthFox said:

Hey guys n gals,

Thanks for taking the time to post. Very excited about this appointment & even more so now! Top men both of you!! ?

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

It’s been the best part of 20 years we had a classy manager at City and I’m sure I speak for most if not City fans that we’re looking forward to seeing what he brings. 

You never know but he might become as successful here as he was at Leicester City. Let’s hope so.

If you are looking for an insight, here are some classics... The guys is a ****ing hero!

F off and die

No Guts officials

16 hours ago, Robbored said:

For a fan from a similar sized city, but obviously we are a 1 club city... We non Bristolians cant fathom why Bristol has never had a side that has been in the top division for a long period of time, obviously Rugby is popular also, but Football still is the number 1 sport in the country and your city also.

I can only assume that similar to ourselves, your city has underachieved the same as Leicester was pre the current ownership, because of underinvestment and poor ownership, taking money rather than investing sensibly in the club?

NP will have a massive task to raise Bristol City into a top 6 contender like Leicester have become, but I doubt that is an immediate aspiration. I assume that you all would prefer promotion to the Premier League and to maintain that status?

Looking at the table, Playoffs have to be this seasons aim... you are effectively 8 points back with 14 to go... big ask, but possible if you can get on a run... 

I'm certainly excited by this appointment, especially as it seems to suit Nige as much as it does us.  But Rome wasn't built in a day and we should not expect too much too soon as these things take time.

I do get the impression that he is the type of manager to get the best from his players though, so we may see improvement in the shorter term too.

Having now got a class manager, I hope he gets the support he needs from the board, though this could be very difficult with no income coming in at this present time.

I'm just wary of everyones expectations being too high.  The guy is a great manager, but I'm not sure he's quite 100% healthwise yet and however good he is, he can't achieve the impossible.

Still, his appointment is the best news we've had from BCFC in a long time.

18 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wow! They love him!

Having followed City for over 50 years i can guarntee that if we start another loosing run the comments on here will be in the same vein as LJ and DH .....the only Messiah will be the one who takes us to the Promised Land..

Archived