IGNORED

Thank You SL

old_eastender

It's been confirmed today that SL approached Pearson, and SL made the call to give him the job. Thank You SL for giving us belief in Bristol City again.

An inspired appointment (overwhelmingly popular with the fans), combined with last night's result has completely changed the mood, from grim despair to genuine hope for the future. Instead of thinking of the next game with dread, now looking forward to it in anticipation. 

If NP can lead us to comfortable safety with good performances thrown in, please make sure we retain him even if he steps on Ashton's toes! 

17 minutes ago, Sitrom said:

Good grief.  For a second or two I thought that was actually him.  Looking at it now it's obvs.  Great spot.  :laugh:. :clap:

Thought ‘Adrian Chiles’ initially, but does have a very passable resemblance to Uncle Steve too. 

Would have bagged a few points for that one on the holiday ‘look-a-like’ competition.  

There’s no guarantee that this will work out but whatever happens you have to credit Lansdown for making an ambitious choice, and not necessarily the easiest appointment for his own sake.

Steve Lansdown has given the fans what they want so big ups to the man with the big bucks ?

3 hours ago, old_eastender said:

It's been confirmed today that SL approached Pearson, and SL made the call to give him the job. Thank You SL for giving us belief in Bristol City again.

An inspired appointment (overwhelmingly popular with the fans), combined with last night's result has completely changed the mood, from grim despair to genuine hope for the future. Instead of thinking of the next game with dread, now looking forward to it in anticipation. 

If NP can lead us to comfortable safety with good performances thrown in, please make sure we retain him even if he steps on Ashton's HEAD

Slight change from me there but ditto the rest of it?

3 hours ago, Midred said:

Was he sounded out last year?

When Lansdown was interviewed after Holden’s departure he said there were a couple of people that weren’t available to be considered last time because of their circumstances. I wonder whether one was Pearson (either because too close to his Watford departure or perhaps due to his illness). Another one might have been Howe as he only left Bournemouth just before we appointed Holden (the press reports on Sunday were suggesting that we approached Howe now as well as Pearson). I may be barking up the wrong tree though. 

3 hours ago, Midred said:

Was he sounded out last year?

He said in his interview he had a very tough August-October after catching covid. Not sure exactly when he had covid, but presumable before or around when we were looking - so it is likely he was one of the candidates SL referred to as not being available last time. 

4 hours ago, old_eastender said:

If NP can lead us to comfortable safety with good performances thrown in, please make sure we retain him even if he steps on Ashton's toes! 

Certainly City approached Pearson, but where does it say SL?  I heard that MA made the first call and that they got on well.  But I suppose that doesn't fit the OTIB narrative

13 hours ago, eardun said:

When Lansdown was interviewed after Holden’s departure he said there were a couple of people that weren’t available to be considered last time because of their circumstances. I wonder whether one was Pearson (either because too close to his Watford departure or perhaps due to his illness). Another one might have been Howe as he only left Bournemouth just before we appointed Holden (the press reports on Sunday were suggesting that we approached Howe now as well as Pearson). I may be barking up the wrong tree though. 

That would also tie in with Michelle Owen who said that City had two candidates in view immediately after the DH sacking . 

Archived