IGNORED

Thank You SL

old_eastender

2 minutes ago, Floatn Over said:

Going to do wonders too for the sales demand for them Gilet things.  Come on admit it, we all want one now.

I just want to put on a gilet, take Nige for a hike on the Cotswold way and discuss military history....

2 hours ago, kmpowell said:

Ditto (but at £20), shortly after I bet the 750/1 it was moved to 200/1, so I think there might be quite a few of us optimists out there who took the opportunity! Fingers crossed, come on Nige ?

image.thumb.png.f1647dc76ef65d949788a170f121a94d.png

Id take the cash out on that already :laugh:,

23 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

Talking of lookalikes. Anyone else picking up a disturbing vibe with NP in relation to:

Roger Malone.jpg

"We all agree,  Nige ...."

He would chase people out the ground and **** them right up if they were singing the same songs we sang to ole Roger.

On 24/02/2021 at 18:33, old_eastender said:

It's been confirmed today that SL approached Pearson, and SL made the call to give him the job. Thank You SL for giving us belief in Bristol City again.

An inspired appointment (overwhelmingly popular with the fans), combined with last night's result has completely changed the mood, from grim despair to genuine hope for the future. Instead of thinking of the next game with dread, now looking forward to it in anticipation. 

If NP can lead us to comfortable safety with good performances thrown in, please make sure we retain him even if he steps on Ashton's toes! 

:laugh: who do you think appoints the managers at Bristol City? Scott Murray?

So wonderfully innocent and naive for an "old" eastender. Steve Lansdown has been appointing managers at this football club for 20 years since 2001. 

You say it was him that approached Pearson like this is some kind of magnificent, divine intervention. 

This man appointed LJ and Holden too, so let's hold our horses on the accolades. 

6 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So wonderfully innocent and naive for an "old" eastender. Steve Lansdown has been appointing managers at this football club for 20 years since 2001. 

You say it was him that approached Pearson like this is some kind of magnificent, divine intervention. 

This man appointed LJ and Holden too, so let's hold our horses on the accolades. 

I was choosing to look forward, rather than in the past. For sure plenty of mistakes have been made on SLs watch, can't change the past, but we can look to the future with optimism again and that to me is worth a Thank You to SL.

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I was choosing to look forward, rather than in the past. For sure plenty of mistakes have been made on SLs watch, can't change the past, but we can look to the future with optimism again and that to me is worth a Thank You to SL.

The future atm is only set till the summer when, hopefully NP will get a decent contract offered and there will be no "excuses" why we couldnt give one to him.

So yes a step up and forward...at last, but I will feel much better when next season starts and NP is still here and on a decent contract, till then i will hold my horses and praise and just hope for better things to come.

13 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Still a bit early for thank you and congratulations. We’re still in a mess that the board created, all employed by SL.

Let’s wait and see what the summer brings.

8 hours ago, Leveller said:

Sky Bet have us at 250-1 for promotion and Boro at 16-1!

I mean I don’t think it matters either way as I can’t see us going up. However 300-1 seems a bit over the top so I’ve pushed the boat out with £1.66...and yeh Boro I can find for 25-1 so as you say the difference between the two is clearly way too much.

17 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I suspect SL had been in contact with NP for a good while before we all think. These things don't happen in 24 hours.

20 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And learned nothing from appointing Millen given that he made the same mistake in appointing Holden.

Archived