IGNORED

7 points or 13

Hampshire Red

7 points off the play offs

13 points off relegation as the table now stands tonight.

Anyone on here thinking we are playing League 1 next year - there could be hundreds based on this forum in February!

Anyone think we'll be at Anfield and Old Trafford in the Premier League? We've been Top 6 for a while this season but a wee dip means it wont be easy now?

Before this week I thought relegation was a real possibility. The interviews post match on Saturday were as if we had given up.

Fast forward a few days and a new big manager appointment, I dont think we will be able to make play offs but certainly top half is a realistic target, more important to me that Ashton, lansdown and Pearson get their heads together and put in place a decent plan to move us forward next year, when we could potentially have a very exciting season indeed. 

Just how big will that new manager bounce need to be?! 42 points now, so need another 11 wins from 14 I reckon. Or to almost double our current number of wins, from very roughly a third of the season. Very, very tough ask.

But to be positive, the last 2 times we’ve been promoted we had a very strong second half of the previous season. So if we can build up a head of steam in the games left, then who knows next year? Momentum.

1 minute ago, WorleRed89 said:

2 playoff spots to play for. Who knows what could happen but we would be an outside shot right now. We aren't going down. 

Win the next couple and get a run going and things can look very different with momentum 

It’s not impossible and a team always comes from nowhere in the last few months to get in the play offs so why not us

We could do with some of those who have been injured to cine back and bolster options as it’s a big ask to play Saturday and midweek 

I can’t believe I’m actually even considering us making the play offs after the last few months but last nights result/performance and NPs arrival has brought some hope to hold on to 

Lets see what Saturday brings!

Lots of football to be played

But continue to berate those that were likely worried about the disgraceful form and performances.......your posts are.starting to get tedious,

And like those who appear when things go wrong you will disappear and when things go well you will be hear calling for those who disagree to be banned again....just give it a rest  

Like everyone delighted with NP arrival..great expectations...but put it all into context.  I just want to be able to go out for a pint, see a game, get some kind normality back into living.. 

Next season might be great with a crowd in place...Football is now so different.  But with the last 12 months it feels like  it's a  kind of trivial.

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think clubs managed by McCarthy, Warnock and Hughton will finish above us - if we’d had a whole season with those vs Pearson I reckon the top 4 could have been defined right there ...

Your Warnock love is blinding you to the fact that he has been at Boro all season, and despite our disastrous run, they are only four points above us. He is having a pretty poor season.

The thing about this is that we play a lot of the teams between us and 6th, we have a few tricky fixtures left but a lot of winnable ones. Play offs are potentially a stretch too far but say 8th within 4/5 points of the play offs? That’s perfectly achievable and would set us in great position for next season 

3 hours ago, Leveller said:

Your Warnock love is blinding you to the fact that he has been at Boro all season, and despite our disastrous run, they are only four points above us. He is having a pretty poor season.

They havent been brilliant but don't forget though that when he took over only 8 months ago, they were in grave danger of relegation.

4 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Lots of football to be played

But continue to berate those that were likely worried about the disgraceful form and performances.......your posts are.starting to get tedious,

And like those who appear when things go wrong you will disappear and when things go well you will be hear calling for those who disagree to be banned again....just give it a rest  

Just starting? 

Two years ago Aston Villa were 10th P33 with 44pts and 7pts off 6th. They were promoted.

We can only get to 11th with a win on Saturday but we would be P33 with 45pts so a point better off than villa were. 

This is 100% doable, with injured players coming back and the Covid-weird season I don’t think anyone would completely rule a side out of the race with NP at the helm. 

8 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Two years ago Aston Villa were 10th P33 with 44pts and 7pts off 6th. They were promoted.

We can only get to 11th with a win on Saturday but we would be P33 with 45pts so a point better off than villa were. 

This is 100% doable, with injured players coming back and the Covid-weird season I don’t think anyone would completely rule a side out of the race with NP at the helm. 

"He Who Dares" :clap:

We go into the closing part of the season with the squad slowly being strengthened.

Its possible that Baker, Walsh and COD may soon be added to the players available for selection.

Add in the Nige affect which will surely be an additional 4 or 6 points then a top six finish isn’t beyond us.

However after the trauma of recent weeks I’d settle for a strong top half finish and some early recruitment to set us up for a decent crack at promotion next season when hopefully we’ll all be able to get down the Gate.

Cheers, Nige

Nowhere near ready for promotion yet, we need to consolidate and build again with this manager on board if he can stay. 

Unfortunately due to recent past fasting around with weak coaches the club's progress has been halted, it took this recent collapse to drive it home, hopefully this was a watershed moment in the the club's history.

All the ducks are in line for a push now, its been a long time coming.

1 hour ago, Blackbird1 said:

Nowhere near ready for promotion yet, we need to consolidate and build again with this manager on board if he can stay. 

Unfortunately due to recent past fasting around with weak coaches the club's progress has been halted, it took this recent collapse to drive it home, hopefully this was a watershed moment in the the club's history.

All the ducks are in line for a push now, its been a long time coming.....

....and we can't stop now.

(apologies for the paraphrase)

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think clubs managed by McCarthy, Warnock and Hughton will finish above us - if we’d had a whole season with those vs Pearson I reckon the top 4 could have been defined right there ...

Cardiff, Boro, Forest, and City top 4? You are not watching Norwich, Watford etc? 

I diagnose "aged footy manager man love". 

Treatment : darkened room for a bit

Great replies guys, thank you (apart from monkey..typical!) I particularly like the comparison with Villa who two years ago had the majority of their fan base not believing they could make P.Os.

We may all be thinking differently on Saturday evening because Swansea are a much better team than Cardiff, Boro and most team above us other than Watford and Norwich. I am finding it really hard to fathom Bournemouth and a lot of neighbours are pulling their hair out with the appt of Woodgate and who play Hornets this weekend

Whilst an unlikely promotion would be fantastic.. in the scheme of things it might not be the best time. This isn't Pearson's squad, it's clearly imbalanced and has huge weaknesses. If we miraculously went up, it would take an enormous effort in the summer to create a squad that could stand a chance of survival. 

In the long term we'd probably be better off having a good go over the next couple of seasons, assuming Pearson stays and is able to build a squad. 

Just now, Phileas Fogg said:

Whilst an unlikely promotion would be fantastic.. in the scheme of things it might not be the best time. This isn't Pearson's squad, it's clearly imbalanced and has huge weaknesses. If we miraculously went up, it would take an enormous effort in the summer to create a squad that could stand a chance of survival. 

In the long term we'd probably be better off having a good go over the next couple of seasons, assuming Pearson stays and is able to build a squad. 

Doesn't matter if its not the right time, tell Pearson his jobs safe and it would be a free hit of a season like Norwich and should we come straight back down finishing last so be it, allow Pearson to spend on some players and bank the rest to be strong coming back down. Promotion to the prem is never a bad time.

Archived