IGNORED

Good result but Let’s not get carried away just yet.

Better Red

After a great performance last night and the euphoria of not only winning a game but actual having shots on goal I don’t think we should carried away just yet.

Last night a few things have been mentioned in many post that look more optimistic than reality.

1. Fammy is suddenly a great striker. Yes he scored twice and he will get you circa 15 a season. But let’s not forget he can barley control a football. Is he good enough for our ambition - No. Is he worth the rumoured 25k a week? No chance. Let’s not get carried away.

2. Towler is the answer to our left back problem. He had a good game last night. But he is till young and let’s give him another 6 games and we can then all decide if he is the answer now.    
I am still not sure he is ready at this point in time and not sure really what he’s position is. Likely will be moved to play in a back 3 longer term but not sure he is strong enough play at Championship level as a centre back for a few years yet.

3. We have turned into a good team. We were good for 40 mins last night and yes we were 3 nil up but the last 60 mins was back to old City. You can argue we had something to defend and to a point I agree but Boro looked a poor side and a better team would have scored possibly 3 or more and we would be feeling Deferently today.

4. We can still make the playoffs. I can’t really people are saying that. Let’s get 3 more wins and then let Nigel build for next season. To think we are suddenly good enough to get top 6 is ridiculous. There are at least 6 If not 10 better teams than us. 

5. We now have a proper midfield. We looked better with extra legs in midfield playing 2 up top in stead of 3 gives more support in midfield. Bakinson as he has always done looks to play forward and Nagy covers the ground. Palmer has improved his work rate and looks very focused at the moment. But these are the same 3 players that give the ball away, can’t tackle and in Palmer have not lived up to expectations. I would not be surprised that by the end of this season only one of the three are in Nigels plans for next FY. Bakinson is potentially the one that ‘could’ be part of Nigels new team.

We could not have brought a new manager at a better time. Nigel will get a good run of competitive games to access the squad. He will have the freedom with so many players out of contract to shape the squad he wants. He will also get a full pre season.

We could not have planned in any better (Maybe it was always the plan with Deano hence the rolling 12 month contract and the covid backdrop)

Hopefully we can win 3 games in the next few weeks secure our place in the championship and get him tied down to a longer term contract. 

We are lucky to have him, let’s not have him just to the end of the season and then lose him in the summer manager go round.

But although a good result let’s not get carried away just yet.

Archived