IGNORED

A Walk on the Wild Side, with Big Nige

Bristol Oil Services

26 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nigel Pearson is very much football related and the direction he's taking, his next journey, and his exploration of the City, are clearly of interest to many on this forum.

Currently a hot topic in fact.

YoYo is  upset because it’s not about Johnson Junior Nogbad

And , He likes to tell the mods what to do 

2 hours ago, supercidered said:

Steve Torpey !! Now there's a name I've not heard for a while. I enjoyed watching him play.

One of most ineffectual strikers ever to wear a City shirt, up there with Ian Baird and Liam Robinson, Phil ‘turbo’ Jevons wasn’t far behind.............:disapointed2se: 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He was hopeless. I can’t remember him ever scoring a goal for us.

Old age is a terrible thing, isn't it?

Debut against Grimsby? Scoring a long range header and getting knocked out by the keeper in the process?

He wasn't prolific, he wasn't that sort of player. But he scored some important goals. And a far better asset than the others you mentioned.

6 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

One of those strikers who helps out his striker partner by physical presence, in this case Akinbiyi?Though leaving out Soren Anderson and Tony Thorpe as a result? Hhmmmm.

Was he here then? Your memory must be better than mine. 

If so, you are right. Loved those two.

2 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Old age is a terrible thing, isn't it?

Debut against Grimsby? Scoring a long range header and getting knocked out by the keeper in the process?

He wasn't prolific, he wasn't that sort of player. But he scored some important goals. And a far better asset than the others you mentioned.

I just checked - Torpey scored 13 goals in 70 games for City over three seasons and I can’t remember any of them.

33 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Was he here then? Your memory must be better than mine. 

If so, you are right. Loved those two.

Torpey joined the year before when we went up. Then we signed those other 3 strikers even though 1 was always going to miss out, and we badly needed a good defender to replace Shaun Taylor (we signed a certain current Prem manager who was rubbish)! Basket case of a season really.....

37 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Torpey joined the year before when we went up. Then we signed those other 3 strikers even though 1 was always going to miss out, and we badly needed a good defender to replace Shaun Taylor (we signed a certain current Prem manager who was rubbish)! Basket case of a season really.....

Strangely, we have had two - or even three, if you include Roy Hodgson..

Moderators- they’re all talking about football on this walking with Big Nige thread. It’s a disgrace.......

PS why has no one mentioned the Guineas on our dockside pub crawl? A perfect footie related post match pint on my way back to the bus stop from the Gate. Those were the days, my friends- we thought they’d never end......

13 hours ago, Yoyo2345 said:

This isn't football chat needs to be moved Mods

Please keep posting and then review your posts in 3 years time and see how many were truly posts about football.

you might find you like puns, light humour you will find there are posters who you miss ,have never met(and never will) but feel sorry for.

to misquote a good comedian "goodnight and may your Mods go with you"

Archived