IGNORED

A Walk on the Wild Side, with Big Nige

Bristol Oil Services

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

He was hopeless. I can’t remember him ever scoring a goal for us.

People have always given him unfair stick. He started his career well with us and then got a serious head and neck injury.

He apoarently played many games after despite being in pain, I am sure that with the current concerns over concussion he would not have been allowed to play until he had received some better treatment.

17 hours ago, Robbored said:

One of most ineffectual strikers ever to wear a City shirt, up there with Ian Baird and Liam Robinson, Phil ‘turbo’ Jevons wasn’t far behind.............:disapointed2se: 

Baird was w@nk and Liam 'Jigsaw' Robinson was also w@ank. I think Jevons scored 40 odd goals for City so can't see how he would be 'one of the most ineffectual' strikers we've had. That list is long and depressing and Jevons shouldn't be on that list.

17 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Baird was w@nk and Liam 'Jigsaw' Robinson was also w@ank. I think Jevons scored 40 odd goals for City so can't see how he would be 'one of the most ineffectual' strikers we've had. That list is long and depressing and Jevons shouldn't be on that list.

Nowhere near 40 odd goals. A dozen at best that said I can’t  be arsed to check.

3 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Steve ended up at another glamorous, location Scunthorpe.

Bet they thought they were getting pele, for the fee they paid!

He was their record signing, poor sods.

Some decades ago now, and was only a rumour (apparently from Ward during a conversation in a pub) that City paid well over the odds with an extra zero somehow on his fee. It sounded so ridiculous I always wondered if there was any truth in it!

3 minutes ago, Galway Red said:

Being as the title was a walk on the wild side I would suggest a tour of a few Bemmy pubs starting at the London Inn, around to the Tap, up to the Barley Mow then around the corner to the Apple tree then finishing in the Grosvenor

He’d be surrounded by well wishers if he walked anywhere in Bemmy!

On 25/02/2021 at 16:15, Robbored said:

I just checked - Torpey scored 13 goals in 70 games for City over three seasons and I can’t remember any of them.

I remember one which started a mass brawl in Dolman block B. Someone had been slating him all game, then he scored. Another guy turned round and gave it the big one in return and all hell broke loose.

Archived