IGNORED

A Walk on the Wild Side, with Big Nige

Bristol Oil Services

..... as we know, Nige likes to get outdoors, and to stretch (not shave; he is very definitely a he, not a she) his legs, and if at all possible enjoy a brush with wildness, so, in the glory that is Bristol and the Gateway to the West, what would your walking and hiking recommendations be for Nige? Where would you point him, and say: off you go, Nige (and have a (re)think about that 4231 while you're out there)?

There is much to choose from, what with The Mendips, the Quantocks, Exmoor, the coastline, the Fishponds Road on a Friday night .....

Your favourite walks, please

Did I hear that he has an abode in Devon?

Unfortunately, Julia *******  Bradbury has revealed several of my personal favourites which means millions will be descending on them this Summer, but still have some left in South and East Devon if he wants to be told how to ‘fix’ Bristol City.

Actually, Bradbury has joined a long list of ‘grassers’ from the national media giving away our local secrets. But just for everyone’s benefit ........ Bryher Camp Site on the Scilly Isles was misreported in the Daily Telegraph as being the best camp site in Britain. It’s, in fact, awful. Noisy, smelly and views on the local sewage works. Poly Joke, somehow was  reported in the Daily Mirror, as being the best secret beach in the UK. Actually it is always packed with Brummies, ice cream vans, knee high litter and surrounded by Butlins. 

Fixed it.

6 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

A walk along the river Barle. Over the bridge then back into Dulverton for a beer and baguette in the Bridge Inn. Heaven.

Even a stroll around the harbour is an enjoyable experience. Get the boat from one side to the other pop in to one of pubs for pint. The Orchard Inn is my favourite.

18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Unfortunately, Julia *******  Bradbury has revealed several of my personal favourites which means millions will be descending on them this Summer, but still have some left in South and East Devon if he wants to be told how to ‘fix’ Bristol City.

Actually, Bradbury has joined a long list of ‘grassers’ from the national media giving away our local secrets. But just for everyone’s benefit ........ Bryher Camp Site on the Scilly Isles was misreported in the Daily Telegraph as being the best camp site in Britain. It’s, in fact, awful. Noisy, smelly and views on the local sewage works. Poly Joke, somehow was  reported in the Daily Mirror, as being the best secret beach in the UK. Actually it is always packed with Brummies, ice cream vans, knee high litter and surrounded by Butlins. 

Fixed it.

Hmmmmm.... Julia Bradbury.... Now we're talking..... 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Even a stroll around the harbour is an enjoyable experience. Get the boat from one side to the other pop in to one of pubs for pint. The Orchard Inn is my favourite.

Yep, I do the circuit at least once a week. Not exactly wild, but a good way for Nige to get the feel of Bristol and it's history if he can get into his stride through the many well-wishers.

Seen Cotts more than once surveying the scene from his balcony and Kalas taking in the ambience of Gaol Ferry Steps amongst his fellow beardies.

The Orchard's a good little pub, but I'd like to think he'd feel the urge to stop off at the Nova too.

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Fixed it.

I am assuming that this might be a 'Whoosh' moment - I suspect a bit of mischief-making onyour part - but I remember going to Polly Joke many (25 years?) ago, and it was a delightful, unspoilt beach with relatively few tourists.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

The Orchard is great.Some proper cider in there.Preferred it before it got a bit tarted up but still very good.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Surely he’ll be heading to The Ostrich ???

new pub sign?

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

The Orchard is great.Some proper cider in there.Preferred it before it got a bit tarted up but still very good.

we used to go there when I was a student at Spike Island. A great little pub. Roast beef baguette and horseradish Source…yum!

5 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am assuming that this might be a 'Whoosh' moment - I suspect a bit of mischief-making onyour part - but I remember going to Polly Joke many (25 years?) ago, and it was a delightful, unspoilt beach with relatively few tourists.

Yes, the wind is rather strong down here today, around storm force 9 I’d say. 

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I find walking through the half mile tunnel on feeder road a uplifting experience

Or up the hartcliffe way drunk, its like route 66, goes on and on.

Isn’t the half mile tunnel in staple hill?

considerably more than half mile if you end up on the feeder road!

25 minutes ago, Yoyo2345 said:

This isn't football chat needs to be moved Mods

Nigel Pearson is very much football related and the direction he's taking, his next journey, and his exploration of the City, are clearly of interest to many on this forum.

Currently a hot topic in fact.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Nigel Pearson is very much football related and the direction he's taking, his next journey, and his exploration of the City, are clearly of interest to many on this forum.

Currently a hot topic in fact.

YoYo is a newbie Nogbad. We should overlook his inexperience  and let him off this time............:dunno:

Archived