IGNORED

the real Warnock

Will Rollason

Often see people commenting on how much Colin "protects the players" and takes all the stick himself etc etc.... unless he loses to us obviously because he's happy to throw at least 3 of them under the bus to deflect from his own shortcomings.under the bus you go

it's all of a piece with him mind. can't stand the bloke personally....as you might have gathered. 

Warnock is one of a small list of people in football that I'd love to chat football with over a pint. 

His antics in the dugout are part of his 'Panto Villain' act - which he loves and nurtures. In his book he says that when he dies, instead of having a 2 minute silence, he wants 2 minutes of non-stop chanting 'Warnock is a ******' !!!!

Apparently when you meet him outside a stadium he's a real gentleman.

11 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Warnock is one of a small list of people in football that I'd love to chat football with over a pint. 

His antics in the dugout are part of his 'Panto Villain' act - which he loves and nurtures. In his book he says that when he dies, instead of having a 2 minute silence, he wants 2 minutes of non-stop chanting 'Warnock is a ******' !!!!

He’s a real gentleman in a football context as long as things are going his way. But I wouldn’t want to cross him in a non football context either. I don’t believe for a second that his rants are an act. He’s just not very pleasant when he is under the cosh.

25 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

All you need to know with Warnock is that he has a persona for football, he's very different away from it

I'm happy to confirm, from personal experience, that he is a very pleasant and engaging man to talk to. He has no dislike of us, as is often reported on here. 

22 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He’s a real gentleman in a football context as long as things are going his way. But I wouldn’t want to cross him in a non football context either. I don’t believe for a second that his rants are an act. He’s just not very pleasant when he is under the cosh.

21 minutes ago, Red_Alligator said:

I'm happy to confirm, from personal experience, that he is a very pleasant and engaging man to talk to. He has no dislike of us, as is often reported on here. 

I thought Tinman made some interesting comments during the game the other night along the "it couldn't happen to a nicer chap" variety... I suspect that if you are alongside him in the opposite technical area, you form a very different and accurate view of him.

34 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Saw a quote on Twitter which I assume was a joke but found it funny. 

Neil Warnock said that “when I pass away I don’t want a minute’s silence, I want a minute’s booing at Bristol City”.

Nope, not a joke, he actually said that.

2 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

Often see people commenting on how much Colin "protects the players" and takes all the stick himself etc etc.... unless he loses to us obviously because he's happy to throw at least 3 of them under the bus to deflect from his own shortcomings.under the bus you go

it's all of a piece with him mind. can't stand the bloke personally....as you might have gathered. 

No referee's worked him out yet! ?

1 hour ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Not beige enough for the wokes

You do know that using woke like confetti to the detriment of others is more than a little bit sad, and inaccurate. 

Woke simply means anti-racist or anti-social injustice. If you see that as a stick to beat others I'd suggest having a word with yourself. 

Many people devote their lives fighting for the rights of others, opposing appalling injustices, then people like you knock them down, intentionally or otherwise. It's how far-right and fascist politics seeds and flourishes. 

It all comes down to results at the end of the day. You can be loud and full of sound bites or quiet as a mouse it’s the winning that will make a manager a legend or not. 

i remember people calling Holden a legend when we were winning games and he was meeting with fans in the pub. 

Don’t care for Warnock either way. Been very successful in the lower leagues and getting to the prem, but then his methods get found out by better coaches with better footballers

Horrible bloke, and a cheat. The way he abuses refs and 3rd officials is disgraceful, shouting in their faces pointing his finger at them and people actually think it's an act, a pantomime villain somebody says. No he's just a **** but people on here seem to love him. 

I'm amazed at how many people on here know him personally.

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Couldn't agree more. I'd love to sit down and talk football with him. I don't always like his brand of football but he's really passionate about the game. He's also very clever. Despite what people rise to he doesn't say anything, particularly to the press, that doesn't elicit the response he's looking for. 

35 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

You do know that using woke like confetti to the detriment of others is more than a little bit sad, and inaccurate. 

Woke simply means anti-racist or anti-social injustice. If you see that as a stick to beat others I'd suggest having a word with yourself. 

Many people devote their lives fighting for the rights of others, opposing appalling injustices, then people like you knock them down, intentionally or otherwise. It's how far-right and fascist politics seeds and flourishes. 

The current ‘political correctness gone mad’. And just as ignorant.

28 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

There's a different between gamesmanship and cheating. Warnock has actively encouraged cheating on numerous occasions so for that reason I don't like the man.

Nuff said. 

47 minutes ago, Packman said:

Horrible bloke, and a cheat. The way he abuses refs and 3rd officials is disgraceful, shouting in their faces pointing his finger at them and people actually think it's an act, a pantomime villain somebody says. No he's just a **** but people on here seem to love him. 

Its not an act, the minute he walks through the doors of training ground/stadium he has his football persona and when he walks out the door he's completely different. A mate I went to uni with works for Cardiff and would often tell me about him.

47 minutes ago, Packman said:

Yep, I work with a guy who was a professional ref and 4th officiated a game between Palace and QPR, so was stood between Holloway and Warnock... He said they are the two most vilest people you can imagine and will use any personal attacks to undermine you including bringing up family issues. He's got a thick skin so he didn't care, but it didn't stop them trying.

8 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Can never understand why it’s supposedly better if he’s a nice guy who chooses to be a bit of a cretin publicly. Don’t know many nice guys who’d choose to do that.

Personally haven't said whether its good or bad, just thats what it is

Archived