IGNORED

the real Warnock

Will Rollason

30 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

Can never understand why it’s supposedly better if he’s a nice guy who chooses to be a bit of a cretin publicly. Don’t know many nice guys who’d choose to do that.

It adds a certain entertainment value though doesn’t it. And that’s what football is about. As long as no one gets strangled hey. ?

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Yep, I work with a guy who was a professional ref and 4th officiated a game between Palace and QPR, so was stood between Holloway and Warnock... He said they are the two most vilest people you can imagine and will use any personal attacks to undermine you including bringing up family issues. He's got a thick skin so he didn't care, but it didn't stop them trying.

I can't recall who but I remember a former PL referee saying Warnock was the worst of all managers for officials to deal with and was universally disliked.

Iirc it was also reported at the time of the play off semi final against Palace that he had given his players specific personal abuse to use against each of our players.

His record speaks for itself but it doesn't follow that he should be respected as a person. Despite being a different character away from the game apparently.

3 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Personally haven't said whether its good or bad, just thats what it is

Yeah wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular, just the kind of defence one tends to hear about him. “Sure he [something very questionable] but apparently he’ll have a nice chat and ask after your pets”.

Just makes you wonder what part is the “act”, I guess.

3 hours ago, Robin101 said:

It adds a certain entertainment value though doesn’t it. And that’s what football is about. As long as no one gets strangled hey. ?

Ha, s’pose it’s all subjective! Just wouldn’t class him as a “nice guy” if he’s not a “nice guy” for a significant portion of his working life. Plus, not sure the players who get injured by his teams’ approach consider it entertainment, nor the fans of the teams getting screwed over by any of the antics.

(Dunno if I’m missing a specific strangled reference - who? where? - but: yeah, pretty much!)

5 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Can never understand why it’s supposedly better if he’s a nice guy who chooses to be a bit of a cretin publicly. Don’t know many nice guys who’d choose to do that.

I've met a couple of guys recently that I know are dead set cretins, they try to put on acts as "nice guys", that doesn't work either. As my old Grandad used to preach to me "Be Who You Are" or you'll get found out :thumbsup:.

9 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Didn't work out that well for him on Tuesday night did it?

???????? you just can’t ever give the most successful manager in English football history (promotions) any credit, ever ... its pathetic! The guy is a football legend - averaging one promotion every four seasons in a football management career that has spanned over three decades... just admit it, he’s bloody good at getting teams performing for him and for the fans - and he gets real results - ie success

4 hours ago, chinapig said:

Iirc it was also reported at the time of the play off semi final against Palace that he had given his players specific personal abuse to use against each of our players.

...that’s quite a serious accusation, got any evidence to back that up? Having met Neil on several occasions I doubt he would endorse activity such as the sort you are suggesting. He’s a very passionate manager but if you think he would stoop that low, please bring the evidence to the table and I’ll apologise...

His record as a manger is neither here or there but seeing as we're talking about it....I would rather us play parks football than have him here... hes anti-football... hes everything i despise about football managers...i hate the way his teams play and how he literally models and encourages his players to be like him.... cheating, whiney and win at all costs. And its all an act is it? do me a favour.

3 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

His record as a manger is neither here or there but seeing as we're talking about it....I would rather us play parks football than have him here... hes anti-football... hes everything i despise about football managers...i hate the way his teams play and how he literally models and encourages his players to be like him.... cheating, whiney and win at all costs. And its all an act is it? do me a favour.

A manager that gets us to ‘win at all costs’ ? Yes please! We’ve been so ‘nice’ with zero streetwise players for sooo long.... a soft touch is what many clubs have viewed us as ... and we’ve obliged ... you despise everything about the most successful manager in English football history - good for you. Kick back and accept mediocrity...

4 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

That George Santos "tackle" is one of the worst I have ever seen. Absolutely disgusting.

If you listen to a podcast (can't remember the title of it, the one which is ex pros together) where Andy Johnson came on, he was told by a Sheffield United player of the time that Santos was already on his was out of the club, but had convinced Warnock to let him come on in the game as a sub.

11 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

That George Santos "tackle" is one of the worst I have ever seen. Absolutely disgusting.

In that video they show a flashback to the incident he is locking to avenge, but I thought he was equally at fault for that collision. He looks like he runs in and headbutts the guys elbow! 

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A manager that gets us to ‘win at all costs’ ? Yes please! We’ve been so ‘nice’ with zero streetwise players for sooo long.... a soft touch is what many clubs have viewed us as ... and we’ve obliged ... you despise everything about the most successful manager in English football history - good for you. Kick back and accept mediocrity...

Messrs Shankly and Ferguson might have something to say about that...

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

???????? you just can’t ever give the most successful manager in English football history (promotions) any credit, ever ... its pathetic! The guy is a football legend - averaging one promotion every four seasons in a football management career that has spanned over three decades... just admit it, he’s bloody good at getting teams performing for him and for the fans - and he gets real results - ie success

I think he is a cheat, actually. You can not deny his record of promotions of course, but the manner of his teams i dislike. Ive seen enough of his tripe over the years. Colin is manager marmite - you clearly love him, whereas myself and many others do not. 

Also, he is clearly not the most successful manager in English football history. What a bizarre statement.

20 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

There's a different between gamesmanship and cheating. Warnock has actively encouraged cheating on numerous occasions so for that reason I don't like the man.

Him and just about every other coach, Robbo.  Cheating is unfortunately part of the game nowadays and won't change until referees do something about it.  Too many cards are given for good strong challenges, whilst professional fouls and time wasting ofted go unpunished.

33 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Him and just about every other coach, Robbo.  Cheating is unfortunately part of the game nowadays and won't change until referees do something about it.  Too many cards are given for good strong challenges, whilst professional fouls and time wasting ofted go unpunished.

I can't think of a time when Lee Johnson or Dean Holden or Steve Cotterill or any other City manager instructed a team to cheat in the same way we've seen Warnock do. Remember the miraculous 12 minute head injury followed by complete recovery in 5 seconds. I believe that was when he was at Rotherham.

No  the bloke is a cheat and in this division he is an unparalleled cheat.

Ironically,  I actually think he is a pretty good manager who doesn't need to tell his players to cheat. But he can't help himself.

There is a reason he gets Same Old Warnock, Always Cheating wherever he goes. It isn't just City fans have observed this.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"most successful manager in English football history"?  the other person who likes Colin used that as well. 

By what metric?

Oh yes Colin has won the top division in English football with two separate  clubs as well as the European cup.. twice..and four league cups hasn't he? 

And of course I forgot he also managed an unfashionable club in the top division for 13 years winning a uefa cup and then managing England to the semis at a world cup didn't he...

what you actually mean ,I presume, is that he holds the record for most promotions by an English manager.... playing his own brand of Warnockball then getting sacked for being found out playing Warnockball with the grown ups. 

i didn't even have to try that hard to think of two quantifiably better English managers whos teams graced the pitch..

"Greatest English manager "my arse. 

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Utter Rubbish

10 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

... he is clearly not the most successful manager in English football history. What a bizarre statement.

Fair enough, respect your opinion - but you may wish to read my post again - when I wrote he is the most successful manager in English football history I put “(promotions)” at the end of that sentence - which is true - no manager has more promotions on his CV in English football than Neil - so it’s not really a ‘bizarre statement’ - more of a correct statement really ...

Archived