IGNORED

the real Warnock

Will Rollason

7 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

"most successful manager in English football history"?  the other person who likes Colin used that as well. 

By what metric?

Oh yes Colin has won the top division in English football with two separate  clubs as well as the European cup.. twice..and four league cups hasn't he? 

And of course I forgot he also managed an unfashionable club in the top division for 13 years winning a uefa cup and then managing England to the semis at a world cup didn't he...

what you actually mean ,I presume, is that he holds the record for most promotions by an English manager.... playing his own brand of Warnockball then getting sacked for being found out playing Warnockball with the grown ups. 

i didn't even have to try that hard to think of two quantifiably better English managers whos teams graced the pitch..

"Greatest English manager "my arse. 

Apologies, on just about every other post on this subject I’ve made it clear I meant he is the most successful English manager ever in terms of promotions won, no one has more promotions on their CV than NW - apologies for the confusion... although I’ve never called him the “Greatest English manager” - which you somehow wove into the end of your reply in speech marks as though I’d posted it - which I clearly didn’t ...

5 hours ago, Big C said:

Utter Rubbish

Apologies, when I said he’s the most successful manager in English football history I meant in terms of promotions won - I said this in every other post on this subject but I clearly didn’t make it clear in my post to which you responded - no one has more promotions on their CV than NW - apologies again for the confusion ...

37 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, respect your opinion - but you may wish to read my post again - when I wrote he is the most successful manager in English football history I put “(promotions)” at the end of that sentence - which is true - no manager has more promotions on his CV in English football than Neil - so it’s not really a ‘bizarre statement’ - more of a correct statement really ...

You are such a rambling old so and so

We get the point you love Colin. It’s almost an obsession tbh as the only posts you ever seem to make are to defend him

Get over it dude. The vast majority here think he is a knob head. Keep on banging the same old drum zzzzxz

On 25/02/2021 at 20:21, AppyDAZE said:

That George Santos "tackle" is one of the worst I have ever seen. Absolutely disgusting.

What’s that got to do with Warnock? Supposedly a Roy Keane style revenge attack as Santos broke his eye socket at the hands of Johnson the previous season.

Hell of a striker from a certain former City manager in that game too 

4 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

What’s that got to do with Warnock? Supposedly a Roy Keane style revenge attack as Santos broke his eye socket at the hands of Johnson the previous season.

Nothing, it's the player that did it not the manager, I very much doubt the manager instructed him to do it and if he did he should be the head of mi5 keeping it a secret for all these years 

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I can't remember saying it had. Just commenting on the disgusting challenge.

42 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Nothing, it's the player that did it not the manager, I very much doubt the manager instructed him to do it and if he did he should be the head of mi5 keeping it a secret for all these years 

But in the interview after Warnock appears to be excusing it by claiming the challenge in the previous meeting wasn't an accident (which it certainly looked like it was to me).

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You are such a rambling old so and so

We get the point you love Colin. It’s almost an obsession tbh as the only posts you ever seem to make are to defend him

Get over it dude. The vast majority here think he is a knob head. Keep on banging the same old drum zzzzxz

Absolute tosh as usual from you - I posted on a thread entitled “The real Warnock” - if the mention of his name winds you up sooo much why didn’t you criticise the person who started this thread? It wasn’t me ... and I post on sooo many more subjects than just Neil - if I was obsessed I’d probably have started this thread - but I didn’t, I think you’ll find someone else did - so why don’t you run along and chastise that person for daring to consider Warnock enough to start a thread about him on a football forum - as Shaggy crooned “It wasn’t me” ... 

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Absolute tosh as usual from you - I posted on a thread entitled “The real Warnock” - if the mention of his name winds you up sooo much why didn’t you criticise the person who started this thread? It wasn’t me ... and I post on sooo many more subjects than just Neil - if I was obsessed I’d probably have started this thread - but I didn’t, I think you’ll find someone else did - so why don’t you run along and chastise that person for daring to consider Warnock enough to start a thread about him on a football forum - as Shaggy crooned “It wasn’t me” ... 

#ilovecolin

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies, when I said he’s the most successful manager in English football history I meant in terms of promotions won - I said this in every other post on this subject but I clearly didn’t make it clear in my post to which you responded - no one has more promotions on their CV than NW - apologies again for the confusion ...

only because he is one of the oldest mangers on the circuit so its a question of longevity and not necessary success. He must be high on the list of leading teams to relegation ad well 

On 25/02/2021 at 12:55, Fordy62 said:

Despise the bloke when we’re playing his sides. 

Love him the rest of the time. Pearson has a little bit of Warnock about him. I’ll take the needly sorts over what we’ve had recently any day of the week. 

I agree it’s about time we had somebody that is confident and experienced enough who is able to say, “ No, This is the way it needs to or should be done”. 

I’m not counting Cotts and Burt as there was no Mark Ashton then and Steve Lansdown was still waiting for the penny to drop regarding the need for a manager with these qualities.  

I’m also grateful I reread your post as the first time I read it as , Pearson has got a little bit of Warnock in him .

Had me thinking if Nige knew about this and if he had consented  

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

But in the interview after Warnock appears to be excusing it by claiming the challenge in the previous meeting wasn't an accident (which it certainly looked like it was to me).

Haven’t seen it tbh, was this all in the video on the first page might explain why I’m confused ?

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, respect your opinion - but you may wish to read my post again - when I wrote he is the most successful manager in English football history I put “(promotions)” at the end of that sentence - which is true - no manager has more promotions on his CV in English football than Neil - so it’s not really a ‘bizarre statement’ - more of a correct statement really ...

I think you need to look at his history more closely and find out what happens in the season after he gets promoted. His success tends to be at a certain level and for a short period of time. Really successful managers succeed at the top level and ideally build a team and a club over a decent period. Bear in mind you can’t win ANY promotions if you manage in the top flight!

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/topic/12576-boro-v-cardiff/page/34/#comments

Who’s squad of players would you rather? Ours or Barnsley’s? Ours or Readings? we have enough quality out there but the tactic is to boot everything long. If that can even be classified as a tactic. What is Warnock being paid for? To tell the players to hoof it? His tactics are non existent. His substitutions are poor. His man management is worse. And his interviews are cringeworthy. 

7 hours ago, Leveller said:

I think you need to look at his history more closely and find out what happens in the season after he gets promoted. His success tends to be at a certain level and for a short period of time. Really successful managers succeed at the top level and ideally build a team and a club over a decent period. Bear in mind you can’t win ANY promotions if you manage in the top flight!

Yep, fair enough - but I’ve consistently said on here over the years that Warnock is not a premier league manager - he is a tremendous manager at championship level and he is more than likely to get a club promoted to the top flight - anyway, I’ll stop talking about Neil now ...

Had to laugh Colin signing a new 1 year contract, but could not do it without a mention to us, is he is obsessed with us?

But Warnock wasn’t just talking about his own club Middlesbrough and referred to rival Championship side Bristol City and their fans, saying that he wants to show his support for the ‘banter’ he’d received from them throughout his managerial career.

“Even the ones away from home. I don’t want to finish my career without waving to the Bristol City fans and thanking them for all the banter over the years.

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Had to laugh Colin signing a new 1 year contract, but could not do it without a mention to us, is he is obsessed with us?

But Warnock wasn’t just talking about his own club Middlesbrough and referred to rival Championship side Bristol City and their fans, saying that he wants to show his support for the ‘banter’ he’d received from them throughout his managerial career.

“Even the ones away from home. I don’t want to finish my career without waving to the Bristol City fans and thanking them for all the banter over the years.

I chuckled when I read that too.

Good on him I say, definitely has a soft spot for us.

BOOOOOOO! ;)

2 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He does that same joke every time, doesn’t he? 
He should stick to what he does best, producing teams that play football that makes your eyes bleed.

5 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

He's such a patronising git.

Yes Colin, we can't wait to see your mind numbing anti football rubbish

5 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Any bookies take bets on fixtures on certain gameweeks? ask for odds of Boro at home last game of the season as Warnock's last game.

On 26/02/2021 at 20:49, BS4 on Tour... said:

He's still not going to shag you

14 hours ago, SecretSam said:

He's still not going to shag you

Aaaah bless, what a pathetic response ????? - admiring the record of the most successful manager in English football history (promotions) elicits that incredibly immature and unsavoury reply from you! Obviously it’s beneath you to admit you’re wrong so you default to an utterly pathetic message that you’ve probably seen numerous people use on Facebook and Twitter and decided it would work on here ... I’ve seen that default response a zillion times on social media - and it’s still pathetic! ???

On 04/03/2021 at 22:49, Swede said:

He's such a patronising git.

Yes Colin, we can't wait to see your mind numbing anti football rubbish

We should be pleased that we have really got under his skin, and he has to use humour to deflect it. Can't see any other club being anywhere near to having such an effect on him. 

6 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

We should be pleased that we have really got under his skin, and he has to use humour to deflect it. Can't see any other club being anywhere near to having such an effect on him. 

100%.

That fantasy story he regularly trots out about being attacked on the pitch at the end of the Palace playoff game shows he is borderline obsessed, as does the crap not wanting a minutes’ applause from us when he dies “joke”.

Archived