IGNORED

Centre back.

Desso

I wish that there was a decent centre back that we could sign on a free. Don't care too much about age, but it would be nice if we could give Kalas a break every now and again. He is so good that we haven't been able to rest him, and the constant two games a week seems to be getting to him. The rest of the players seem to be rested, dropped, or play half a game, so it's not too bad for them but as he said in his Reading post match interview, when the players in front of him aren't holding the ball, it's a constant barrage. There must be another Ashley Williams out there.

The way we've been playing it will get to you when you're putting your body on the line but others aren't.

However, when the whole team is pulling in the same direction, it's a different matter.  Playing can even become enjoyable, and he would rather play to stay fit rather than train.

I think bringing in a dominant first ball centre back will be high on NP's shopping list this summer. Kalas plays better alongside someone who is physical (Webster, Mawson etc) and unfortunately Moore and Vyner are not that player. I'd be surprised if Baker or Mariapa are retained which should free up decent wages to recruit.

10 hours ago, Desso said:

I wish that there was a decent centre back that we could sign on a free. Don't care too much about age, but it would be nice if we could give Kalas a break every now and again. He is so good that we haven't been able to rest him, and the constant two games a week seems to be getting to him. The rest of the players seem to be rested, dropped, or play half a game, so it's not too bad for them but as he said in his Reading post match interview, when the players in front of him aren't holding the ball, it's a constant barrage. There must be another Ashley Williams out there.

Pearsons view is Marriappa was his centre half at watford maybe thats where he sees him .

I reckon there's space over the summer for maybe 3 stellar signings.  A right back, centre back and striker.  They'll be others but a 1st choice partner for Kalas must be a priority.  

It seems that Cundy is doing well at Gillingham.  Hopefully he'll be involved in the mix along with Vyner and Moore.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think possibly 2 centre backs needed if Baker and Mariappa are to leave. Mawson of course only on loan.

Depending on system i wouldn't be surprised to see Vyner go to right back if 4 at the back. Then new right back needed to compete with him, as I'd let Hunt go.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mariappa got a year.  Don't think he's on too high a wage and having 1 or 2 older heads around is always good.  The same goes for Rowe.  Mariappa is a decent player who the manager knows.

9 hours ago, The Bard said:

I reckon there's space over the summer for maybe 3 stellar signings.  A right back, centre back and striker.  They'll be others but a 1st choice partner for Kalas must be a priority.  

It seems that Cundy is doing well at Gillingham.  Hopefully he'll be involved in the mix along with Vyner and Moore.

I dont think the money is there, we have yet to see the impact on budgets due to covid

21 hours ago, Desso said:

We don't need to sign anyone else at this stage. We should have enough for a solid mid-table finish, and shelling out wages now potentially means less to spend in the summer. Then hopefully next season we should have a decent shot at promotion

20 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

We should get 2 or 3 games out of him before he is injured again or suspended

Harsh considering he's played over 30 games a season in 3 of the 4 seasons we've had him,

Also considering his disaplinary record isn't too bad ether

Archived