IGNORED

Failand uncut 012

StefanDimz

I feel uncomfortable that Downing and Simpson are still around after NP's appointment.

I really wanted a fresh approach with 100% NP strategy and was hoping he would bring in his own personnel who are totally in tune with his ideas.

It will not be easy to get Downing and Simpson to dispense of their ingrained way of doing things and replace with the NP way.

They have been doing things the same way for years so they will need to change as much as the players.

1 minute ago, Top Robin said:

I feel uncomfortable that Downing and Simpson are still around after NP's appointment.

I really wanted a fresh approach with 100% NP strategy and was hoping he would bring in his own personnel who are totally in tune with his ideas.

It will not be easy to get Downing and Simpson to dispense of their ingrained way of doing things and replace with the NP way.

They have been doing things the same way for years so they will need to change as much as the players.

That was never going to happen. Pearson has only come in initially on a short term basis . Do you think the club are going pay off two coaches and employ some new ones , when they may only be here for 14 games 

33 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

That was never going to happen. Pearson has only come in initially on a short term basis . Do you think the club are going pay off two coaches and employ some new ones , when they may only be here for 14 games 

Indeed. NP did indicate this was something to look at in the summer during his intro interview. Once we have NP nailed down in the summer, I expect to see new faces on the coaching side, unless Simpson and Downing really impress him. 

14 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Who’s the northern fella that goes through the stretches with the squad? He’s been here since LJ was here...

I wonder if he’s the problem for our injuries?

I was wondering that. It’s hardly Ronaldo’s Pilates regime. “Lift your knee on this one” I guess somebody has to put the cones out and do a basic warm up of each muscle. 

3 hours ago, Top Robin said:

How do you know? I should imagine they've evolved and adapted their methods over the years, most people do. DH was the 'head coach' and they would ultimately be working to him. Booting them out now would be madness and expensive.

The little French Prince shows some good moments in those clips. He always looks so detached - the complete opposite of Fam, Vyner Palmer, Moore and Semenyo who always seem to be smiling. I bet Han Noah has the worst bants in this group. He’s still my favourite player though! 

6 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

The cameraman/editor of this series of videos always seems keen to show Pearson (Sam) and Bell knocking in the goals, maybe they are trying to get them some game time? :)

Or they know fans like content of academy players around the first team, creates a bit of a buzz and more views as a result

Interesting to see HNM and Moore training more with the academy and younger lads in that exercise towards the end. Might just be the way the teams were split but interesting to see those two in particular amongst the younger players.

Also heard a drone towards the end. Hopefully Nige is a little happier with these in training than he was in his Derby days or we could have another Coppell on.

And for those who said it looked boring. I would absolutely love to do that for two hours a day and get about 2 grand for it.

23 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Interesting to see HNM and Moore training more with the academy and younger lads in that exercise towards the end. Might just be the way the teams were split but interesting to see those two in particular amongst the younger players.

Also heard a drone towards the end. Hopefully Nige is a little happier with these in training than he was in his Derby days or we could have another Coppell on.

And for those who said it looked boring. I would absolutely love to do that for two hours a day and get about 2 grand for it.

The rumour about Derby is that Mel Morris (the owner) wanted a drone up some he could watch training, imagine Pearson wasn't happy about literally having the owner watching over his shoulder

23 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Maybe, but I imagine it must get a bit soul destroying if you are not getting picked on match days, also imagine what it must be like for the players that do that for a lot less as they work their way up and then get released when they hit a certain age.

28 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

2 grand? Make that at least 10 if your taking an average of that squads wage bill ?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe, but I imagine it must get a bit soul destroying if you are not getting picked on match days, also imagine what it must be like for the players that do that for a lot less as they work their way up and then get released when they hit a certain age.

Yeah I can see how it would be harder at a lower level, but for those on decent contracts and that know they'll be in and around the first team, it's really not a bad life.

1 minute ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

2 grand? Make that at least 10 if your taking an average of that squads wage bill ?

I meant per day! So one training session, a bit of physio and home by 2pm for 2 grand and upwards isn't a bad way to spend a day. Pretty sure I'd be smiling AND getting my knees high enough if I could do that for a few weeks.

13 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

The rumour about Derby is that Mel Morris (the owner) wanted a drone up some he could watch training, imagine Pearson wasn't happy about literally having the owner watching over his shoulder

Yeah I read that too. What a strange thing to do. What exactly was Mel Morris expecting to see or not see? What does a bad training session look like from the air vs a good one?!

4 hours ago, deadredfred said:

To me it looked like that little session was put on for the subs who either didn't get on or was used very little on Tuesday. I would expect everyone else that had played was doing some rehab work in the gym at the time.  

4 hours ago, Lrrr said:

One or two media reports from the time also suggested that a delegation of players approached Mel Morris and said they didn't want to play for Pearson again- a group within the squad anyway.

Him and the owner had a blazing row and Pearson got suspended. The row that led to his departure might have been caused by a combination of Dronegate and varied players seemingly/allegedly not wanting to play for him anymore.

56 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One or two media reports from the time also suggested that a delegation of players approached Mel Morris and said they didn't want to play for Pearson again- a group within the squad anyway.

Him and the owner had a blazing row and Pearson got suspended. The row that led to his departure might have been caused by a combination of Dronegate and varied players seemingly/allegedly not wanting to play for him anymore.

And did that squad feature Martin and Weimann?

On 26/02/2021 at 08:54, Top Robin said:

That was never going to happen, initially the job is until May, and why would you sack the staff that have Intel on players?

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Coz up till now they've been cr*p

They coach to the instruction of the manager. They were well coached Tuesday . NP had a chat but had nothing to do with the coaching. I said previously , they were never going to leave & new come in when NP is on a initial short term deal , that would of been financial madness 

20 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They coach to the instruction of the manager. They were well coached Tuesday . NP had a chat but had nothing to do with the coaching. I said previously , they were never going to leave & new come in when NP is on a initial short term deal , that would of been financial madness 

I know they are staying but it doesn't mean I think they are any good

33 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I know they are staying but it doesn't mean I think they are any good

Fair enough . Your basing this on what ? Genuine question ,the previous managers instruction ? As I said they were coached better Tuesday .

That wasn’t your original post on this thread though . You said you were disappointed they didn’t go with Holden . Which as I said was never going to happen 

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Fair enough . Your basing this on what ? Genuine question ,the previous managers instruction ? As I said they were coached better Tuesday .

That wasn’t your original post on this thread though . You said you were disappointed they didn’t go with Holden . Which as I said was never going to happen 

?

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

?

You need to elaborate . Obviously there are better coaches than others but the manager dictates how we set up / style of play etc . If the manager isn’t clear in his instruction or isn’t sure then how do the coaches coach properly & to what instruction . Just left to their own devices they coached us much better on Tuesday. 
I’ll ask you again . Why did you say you wanted them gone when Holden did. Please & try to come back with something more enlightening than “coz there crap “ 

Archived