IGNORED

Failand uncut 012

StefanDimz

Certainly saw Baker, O’Dowda & fleetingly Rowe there.

Didn’t see Fam, Antoine, Pato or Walsh.

Not sure I learned anything else, though as others have said we are hardly going to transmit any part where we do stuff we intend putting into practice on Saturday.

Am I the only one who looks at the vids and thinks how boring it must be training...and that it all looks a bit meh!

Few Keepy upys...a bit of banter, a few stretches, some just going through motions. As in there is a reason we are asking you to bend knee fully...then some attacking play with stationary defence and defenders offering no resistance what's so ever.

Granted it obviously...or I hope does, gets more intricate, but I'd be bored senseless doing that every day. And the coaches trying to encourage boring tasks must be hard work indeed.

4 minutes ago, spudski said:

Am I the only one who looks at the vids and thinks how boring it must be training...and that it all looks a bit meh!

Few Keepy upys...a bit of banter, a few stretches, some just going through motions. As in there is a reason we are asking you to bend knee fully...then some attacking play with stationary defence and defenders offering no resistance what's so ever.

Granted it obviously...or I hope does, gets more intricate, but I'd be bored senseless doing that every day. And the coaches trying to encourage boring tasks must be hard work indeed.

Don't you wish you could do some ear-flicking in your job?! 

22 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think that's the problem on match day, all the opposition are stood in the wrong place!

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

Reminds me of when I used play for my local amateur team. Mid week training session and the manager trying to do some routine he’d picked up from doing some FA course and all anyone wanted to do was just have a game for the hour.

How I miss playing now

51 minutes ago, spudski said:

Get yourself to a pre-season camp if you're ever able to.

What we saw in today's video was basically the warm-up and the finisher. They do more dynamic stuff at times. But you're right on the boredom, it's why you see so many of the exercises being turned into some sort of competition. The coaches told me that once you offer these guys some way to win points, and a punishment for losing, they engage instantly.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

What we saw in today's video was basically the warm-up and the finisher. They do more dynamic stuff at times. But you're right on the boredom, it's why you see so many of the exercises being turned into some sort of competition. The coaches told me that once you offer these guys some way to win points, and a punishment for losing, they engage instantly.

Apart from in recent league games obviously ! :whistle:

9 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

You are of course correct...and I realise the videos are just fluff...they are never going to show 'proper' training.

I had the opportunity to spend a few days at an England camp pre world cup...I saw how players upped their concentration and engagement as soon as anything became even slightly competitive. 

Even when I did some coaching...as soon as I made it competitive, there was an incentive. ??

Love that 3 minute expression on the video. Has NP jst given up on some of the players who cant get their leg over or is he prearing the farewell speech for the fitness trainers!

He has a big squad of players to work with and his ability to organise, motivate and deploy tactics will become evident over the following few weeks. Bring it on, COYRs

Archived